Autopsy Sydney vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this crap about a punch up after the GF? I literally disconnected from football after the GF until the pre season games started.

That you Kurt?

What's this crap about a punch up after the GF? I literally disconnected from football after the GF until the pre season games started.
There's a 'gossip/AFL Insider' section on sportingnews.com.au*, that's where the rumour seemingly started on the Monday after the GF.
You then had the rumour phoned in, tweeted, posted on BF etc, yet not a word from Caro, Damo or Hutchy and it was also shut down by our toilet correspondent (dank420_ ) aka DapperJong ).

This is also the site that 'broke' the story of a bikie visiting an AFL player at home to warn him off his missus.

The 'insider' nonsense would be at home on New Idea, with the same strike rate.

Now of course everybody 'knows' it happens.

*http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...h-punch-up/1th1ryds3yi8z16w1m9eg6tgec/slide/2

Last edited:
Anyway, people can believe the rumours if they want, personally I find them boring, I'd be worried if the players weren't discontented after losing a GF and starting the following season 0-6!

When you say middle, for me, I'd love to see him on the wing! Does he work both ways? Can he make space? Is his kicking as majestic as reported (NO)? Can he set up play? I'd leave him out of the square though but that's my personal opinion.

I think Mills is a centre square player not a winger. He played out of the centre square in his junior days. We need super speed on the wings, Florent, Hayward, Harry, Rohan etc. I noticed some of our Academy boys have some serious talent and are super quick.

I still think McVeigh is important, just can't be a net negative which he was at times last year.

One can begin to see the dilemma faced by the coaches though.
They need to be able to steady the ship so that the group doesn't accept blowouts, as the Hawks have.
The Hawks are embarrassing right now because when they get 20 points down, it becomes a little too hard for them so it's easier to toss it in.

It doesn't matter who we are playing at the moment. we are trying but the lack of confidence is hurting us.

One can begin to see the dilemma faced by the coaches though.
They need to be able to steady the ship so that the group doesn't accept blowouts, as the Hawks have.
The Hawks are embarrassing right now because when they get 20 points down, it becomes a little too hard for them so it's easier to toss it in.

It doesn't matter who we are playing at the moment. we are trying but the lack of confidence is hurting us.

Mcveigh if he can get fit and get form deserves to play imo,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth to the rumour the umps were paid to award free kicks to the dogs?

No, all the free kicks were there, we were just second to the ball and the Dogs were perfect. ;)

Depends who you believe mate

More than a few on here know what happened

I certainly do

Oh well!
Like I mentioned before, in 2009 Big Baz was the destabilising figure that was causing divisions among the playing group. It's human nature when one gets selfish & forgets that it's the team that will ultimately bring them the greatest joy as an AFL player & that is to win a p'ship.

All the stuff that happens in between these eras is just fluff that no one will remember later on.

As does anyone who gets fit & finds form. If Macca's position in the best 22 of our 2016 GF contending team was questioned, we have lost 6 games in succession since then & he hasn't been a part of it & is no longer captain & so CANNOT be blamed for our demise. So it's fair to say that since we are the worst team in the AFL at present, Macca is EASILY in our best 22.
Macca has never been part of a team that has gone 0 & 6 after 6 rounds.

Heeney comments today tho certainly paints a picture of i dont think they are enjoying their football out there.
I don't necessarily agree.
I think there is a culture vacuum. The older guys are spent (two grand final losses can do that to you) and the younger guys don't feel they have the right to step up.

The younger guys have got to take this team by the scruff of the neck and make it their own.

Heeney comments today tho certainly paints a picture of i dont think they are enjoying their football out there.
Christ, I hope they aren't enjoying their football! They're 0 - 6, I hope they're hating every second of what they're dishing up at the moment. I hope they're desperately working to inject even a modicum of respectability into what is currently proving to be an embarrassment of a season.

Any truth to the rumour the umps were paid to award free kicks to the dogs?
No rumour there. I was part of a select few there inside the mcg and witnessed it when it happened. They made up for it though by NOT awarding the Swans any, so we still got a free flowing game. All's well that ends well, eh?
Anyone capable of a 15+ disposal game is a walk up start atm.

Sorry but as far as effort goes they are the worst since '93. As I said the '93 team had an excuse, we were in a total rebuild, this team doesn't. See you next year was about expectations of making finals. We won't be there so 'see you next year'. I follow the Swans no matter what but I won't see them play finals this year. This team is psychologically and spiritually (this is not religious it is about their character) weak, they are not standing up and fighting they are just giving in. Yes our game plan stinks but at least make an effort. I played in a side that had trouble just making the numbers to not forfeit. We lost plenty, some by a lot, but when we had the numbers we were not a bad side. You had to have at least 15 players not to forfeit. We never got that bad but I can remember playing with only 16 or 17 players. We never gave up and I remember one game with only 17 players we were ahead into the last only to get pipped by one point to the eventual premiers. We never gave up. We never let the psychological and physical disadvantage get the better of us. We always believed we could and would win, even with less players, 16 to 19 players.

If these blokes let a couple of premiership losses get the better of them they are pussies and weak as piss. I don't want players who have no psychological and physical toughness playing for my footy club. I understand the devastation, I've been there too, abate on a much lower level. It hurts. But when the going get tough the tough get going. I have fought through two terminal illnesses and survived, so far. I was given 5 years to live 30 years ago. But I believed differently. I was a tough bastard psychologically and spiritually. I got up dusted myself off and said **** this I'm not going to allow this to beat me. Not everyone with this attitude survives but we sure as hell survive much longer than the quitters. These blokes need a dose of reality to get their arses off the ground and their game going. Maybe I should give them a lecture on the power of positive thinking.
No where near 93. Off field the club was a mess and had been for a few years.

No where near 93. Off field the club was a mess and had been for a few years.

Future of the club was in jeopardy at the time. However, the strength of our increasing membership is probably in danger has widely been reported that the Swans can't afford to bottom out hence they have always topped up to stay relevant. Going to be an interesting test of the casual fan and even a few diehards.

The fall has been predicted incorrectly for years and years and then when the sustained success forced our team the respect they deserved, they fall off a cliff.

Going through that early 90's era it all just feels like oh well here we go again.

Future of the club was in jeopardy at the time. However, the strength of our increasing membership is probably in danger has widely been reported that the Swans can't afford to bottom out hence they have always topped up to stay relevant. Going to be an interesting test of the casual fan and even a few diehards.

The fall has been predicted incorrectly for years and years and then when the sustained success forced our team the respect they deserved, they fall off a cliff.

Going through that early 90's era it all just feels like oh well here we go again.
We've debuted 21 players in the last 3 and a bit years. The club has known about the cliff that you refer to for some time and managed it. Last years success masked that we were turning the list over. Like I said club is well managed.

We've debuted 21 players in the last 3 and a bit years. The club has known about the cliff that you refer to for some time and managed it. Last years success masked that we were turning the list over. Like I said club is well managed.

I just can't share your faith at the moment but applaud you for it.

I just can't share your faith at the moment but applaud you for it.
Ha I thought last year we would be where we are this year. 15 we were average and injuries were an excuse but the list was changing.

Don't get me wrong we won't make finals this year and next year will be a struggle as we keep playing the kids. But the club did the right thing and we won't be down for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back