T20 World Cup Day 20 4/11. Australia v Afghanistan 1830hrs @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing isn’t it how people who live 10,000km from their team make an extra effort to turn up to watch one of the 4-5 games they can attend every few years
Credit to them, I admire their passion. Frankly, I reckon they would turn up every year if they had to.

Where are the Aussie supporters though at games? the cheering, the support?

I know tickets weren't cheap, but where is the passion?

Its been a total embarrassment this WC for the T20 - Aussies just don't seem to care and have a totally arrogant apathetic attitude to our national teams.

It is what it is.
Australian sports need to wake the * up.

Its been a total embarrassment this WC for the T20 - Aussies just don't seem to care and have a totally arrogant apathetic attitude to our national teams.

It is what it is.

Passion for t20 cricket? Err... what?

I actually want this to be his swansong in the test format this summer....no way I want him on the plane to england next year
Well it could be. He has 3 kids now. No many Australian players, play test cricket at 40+ years of age.

Maybe his priorities in life has changed as well.

The markets have England priced at $1.27 vs Sri Lanka which means an implied win probability of around 80%.

Australia is not out of it yet.

Cricket's a funny game, anything can happen.

With that said, I want Cummins stripped of his place in the side if it is true that he lobbied to cut ties with some mining sponsor.

Dude cruises around in big luxury cars and travels the world first class as part of his job.

These clowns need to pull their heads in.

Also CA is corrupt. I don't know who I dislike more, the players, the administrators, or the typical fans.

The markets have England priced at $1.27 vs Sri Lanka which means an implied win probability of around 80%.

Australia is not out of it yet.

Cricket's a funny game, anything can happen.

With that said, I want Cummins stripped of his place in the side if it is true that he lobbied to cut ties with some mining sponsor.

Dude cruises around in big luxury cars and travels the world first class as part of his job.

These clowns need to pull their heads in.

Also CA is corrupt. I don't know who I dislike more, the players, the administrators, or the typical fans.
Just go and watch local grade if you really love cricket that much and hate corruption. There is no need to follow corrupt global interests

Insipid? Afghanistan bowled well at the death, there was hardly any terrible batting from us. They just executed their yorkers and slower balls well. Why can’t people acknowledge a good performance from a team? Why does it always have to be Australia are s**t?
Oh please. I’m the last person to just randomly join in the “Aussies are s**t” BigFooty pile-ons, and have been among the first to commend Afghanistan all night.

But yes, it was an insipid Australian performance. Their body language - particularly in the field - was dreadful before the Maxwell run out. They barely looked up for the fight at all.

It is possible to acknowledge a great Afghanistan performance whilst still noting that the Australians were below par. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I actually want this to be his swansong in the test format this summer....no way I want him on the plane to england next year
It was in the summer launch for Kayo that he indicated he was eyeing the 2024 T20 World Cup as his retirement.

I really think he wants redemption in England after what Broad did to him in 2019 (don't think it will happen mind you).

I also think he wants another crack in India, his record in England and India is very poor and is the main blip in his career record (a pretty big blip as they are proabably the 2 hardest places for Aussies to score runs in).

I think he'll retire from ODI's at the 2023 WC, from tests in the 2023/24 summer with an SCG test send off, before retiring from internation T20's in 2024. Then becoming a full-time franchise T20 player.

Oh please. I’m the last person to just randomly join in the “Aussies are s**t” BigFooty pile-ons, and have been among the first to commend Afghanistan all night.

But yes, it was an insipid Australian performance. Their body language - particularly in the field - was dreadful before the Maxwell run out. They barely looked up for the fight at all.

It is possible to acknowledge a great Afghanistan performance whilst still noting that the Australians were below par. The two are not mutually exclusive.
It definitely was a weird atmosphere after that game.

Its a result that means Australia has to rely on other results to get them through.

Anyway an interesting stat from tournament:

Australian cricket fans have been the biggest disappointment this tournament. Couldn't sell out the world cup opener and now out supported by Afghanistan fans. Unless it's in the perfect holiday slot, they don't rock up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in the summer launch for Kayo that he indicated he was eyeing the 2024 T20 World Cup as his retirement.

I really think he wants redemption in England after what Broad did to him in 2019 (don't think it will happen mind you).

I also think he wants another crack in India, his record in England and India is very poor and is the main blip in his career record (a pretty big blip as they are proabably the 2 hardest places for Aussies to score runs in).

I think he'll retire from ODI's at the 2023 WC, from tests in the 2023/24 summer with an SCG test send off, before retiring from internation T20's in 2024. Then becoming a full-time franchise T20 player.

I would say to him you can continue in the coloured format but one format has to go...and thats tests. He cannot continue in all three even if he wants to

He is our oldest player and its affecting the team with his form. I am happy for him to continue in the ODI go to the WC and keep playing t20s

This summer is the perfect opportunity for him to retire from tests at the end of the SCG test

I went along tonight, great to see Rasid play again. Australia has no one in the team that really makes me want to.go to the Cricket like Rashid does.

We.need huge changeover of players..All of Finch, Wade, Warner, Stoinis, Maxwell, Richardson and Smith are well.past their best. We need.some fresh faces to rejuvenate the side and someone who makes the price of entry worth it.

I went along tonight, great to see Rasid play again. Australia has no one in the team that really makes me want to.go to the Cricket like Rashid does.

We.need huge changeover of players..All of Finch, Wade, Warner, Stoinis, Maxwell, Richardson and Smith are well.past their best. We need.some fresh faces to rejuvenate the side and someone who makes the price of entry worth it.
What you don’t want to see a young greenie play ??

Apparently Sri Lanka haven't beaten England in a T20 since 2014. 😭

They have only played four times since then.
  1. ENG (180/6) beat SL (91) by 89 runs, Jun 26, 2021.
  2. ENG (108/5) beat SL (111/7) by 5 wickets via D/L method, Jun 24, 2021.
  3. ENG (130/2) beat SL (129/7) by 8 wickets, Jun 23, 2021.
  4. ENG (144/2) beat SL (140) by 8 wickets, Jul 5, 2016.
  5. SL (183/7) beat ENG (174/7) by 9 runs, May 20, 2014.

This isn't over, folks.

It is what it is.

Tickets imo were very reasonably priced, certainly can’t use that an excuse.

Australian cricket fans have been the biggest disappointment this tournament. Couldn't sell out the world cup opener and now out supported by Afghanistan fans. Unless it's in the perfect holiday slot, they don't rock up.

For sure the crowd figures have been a surprise. I think that Aussies turn up in droves when we have a connection with the team. But who do we really admire in our current team? Not just as players but as people? Frankly, the outspoken alleged entitlement of certain members of the test team has put a lot of supporters off. Who wants to pay $100 to sit in the cold and cheer on a team we think have a number of players we don't respect when we can relax at home and watch the game in the comfort of our lounge rooms?

(Having said that, I did go and send $140 a ticket to see a second string Aussie team take on England in a lead up match a few weeks ago.)

Heat will be on McDonald if Sri Lanka can't pull it off tomorrow.
Oh wait, no it won't because he's nice to the players or something.
Let me guess, this wouldn't have happened under Langer

Good lord you people need to get a life

Everyone who liked your post are Western Australians

You Western Australians are psychos, Langer is not some miracle savior

Got to admire the passion of the Asian teams in particular, they are there literally almost bleeding and supporting their country to the absolutely last ball. Patriotic and good natured.

We (Aust) have a few kids/randoms waving a plastic green and gold flag, wearing a hat and/or the odd gold shirt.

Its pretty pathetic but that's what weve become.

Anyway - lost to apathy.

Good point but are people just naturally patriotic when they're overseas? I'm sure there'd be more 'proud Aussies' if it was a game at Lords or the Oval. Listening to the grade cricketer the other day, England vs Australia had 60,000 pre-sold and India vs Zimbabwe is basically sold out...

Let me guess, this wouldn't have happened under Langer

Good lord you people need to get a life
Let's see, what happened last T20 world cup under Langer...hmm, we won! Away from home as well. Fancy that.

So yeah, maybe this wouldn't have happened under him.

It is what it is.
Australians like winning why would they want to turn up to a team that will likely lose or if they win, win poorly.

It’s a bit like my Saints, crowd will only turn up if we’re heavy favourites and on a run of great form. Then they pretend like they’ve cared the whole time. Otherwise it’s “why couldn’t we fill 10000 seats for X or Y important game?”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back