List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy with the pick up of Amartey.

He started off the year a bit slowly (as a forward) before coming into his own in the final part of the season as a ruckman. In fact in each of the games he has played predominantly in the ruck he has been named in the best players (Including each game during the finals).

His a bit of an impact player (lacks consistency at times) but generally shows up a few times each game and makes a fair bit of an impact.

Can play up forward and in the ruck, usually uses his athleticism to his advantage and is known to take some pretty big marks. If anything as a ruckman I would probably liken his athleticism and play style to Naitanui

On the negative side he was the player that missed the shot after the siren in the TAC grand final.

Was really surprised when he wasn't drafted, his raw but with his athleticism I thought he would of been a top 40 pick.

Available guernsey numbers:
11, 19, 30, 32, 33, 37(?), 45, 46, 48, 49, 50

Ling, McCartin, Stoddart, Styles, Amartey, Bell, Brown

Last edited:
Something I noticed about our national draft and then rookie draft selections is that the 3 smaller guys we picked (Ling, Stoddart and Styles) are all excellent users of the football but all of them also seem to have issues with accumulating it. I think of the 3 of them Stoddart averages the most disposals per game and he is only at about 14 or 15.

Something I noticed about our national draft and then rookie draft selections is that the 3 smaller guys we picked (Ling, Stoddart and Styles) are all excellent users of the football but all of them also seem to have issues with accumulating it. I think of the 3 of them Stoddart averages the most disposals per game and he is only at about 14 or 15.
They haven't even played a game !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking we have targeted players that fill a need in our team structure; speed, run and foot skills. Whether any of them can break into the seniors next year or beyond time will tell but I like the intent.

Still would have rather given Sam Collins a go but happy enough with our first two rookie picks.
WTF didn't we!? Their fans were ropeable he was cut. We are so close to a flag, but if Grundy goes down we have a kid yet to debut, AA who can't defend a lead, or AJ who must have incriminating photos as cover.
There must be someting we don't know stopping him getting picked up.

Liking we have targeted players that fill a need in our team structure; speed, run and foot skills. Whether any of them can break into the seniors next year or beyond time will tell but I like the intent.
I love that they've done it and stuck to a plan. I like how we took 2 project talls to keep Pink company. 3 half back flankers.

Next years draft is promising and we have 3 picks inside the top 36 already.

I am not saying that any of them can't make it, I just find it interesting that of the smaller guys (Ling, Stoddart, Brown, Bell, Styles) they all average at around 10 to 15 disposals a game. We didn't pick up a single accumulator.
Because we already have them. They have been recruited for a specific reason. We are too harsh at looking at the bad side , look at what they may bring with maturity.

That surprises me a bit. I wonder what happened... all was pretty positive last year. He's got a very late birthday so you would think there is still plenty of development to come - exactly what the rookie list is for.

That is what I thought. He kicked something like 12 goals in 5 games in the academy series which is not a bad effort. I would have thought he was close to a lock as a rookie selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back