Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
With the GWS mini-draft, AFL draft, a host of upcoming father-son picks and the GWS 17 year-olds ready to debut next year, who do you think is the best young footballer we've yet to see play a game in the AFL?

GWS obviously have the majority of them with Shiel, Treloar, Golds, Bugg showing their wares in the NEAFL this year. There's obviously Israel Folau who's still young and has shown some real promise in his games for GWS.

Or is it Jonathan Patton the J.Brown clone who's a likely no.1 pick? Is it Stephen Coniglio the WA midfielder who kicked 4 goals as a 16 year-old in the WAFL Grand Final? Perhaps it's Jaeger O'Meara, the GWS mini-draft prize who has recruiters salivating at the prospect of picking him up without finishing on the bottom.

Is it Jack Viney, Tom Mitchell, Joe Daniher, Luke McDonald or another father-son yet to be drafted?

Or it could be someone who's already on an AFL list like Lucas Cook, Billie Smedts, Jed Lamb etc.?

O'Meara will be a huge talent, in his WAFL league debut a few weeks ago he got 4 goals in the first half and got 4 votes(WAFL goes 5-4-3-2-1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even the best in his state

Coniglio by a mile. People raved on about Krackouers preformance in the WAFL Grand final, Coniglio was just as good at 16 years of age.
O'Meara is a year younger, reckon he might give Coniglio a shake.

Shiel is hard to judge, much like Toy may have a slightly inflated rep based on being a highly rated Vic jr. picked early by a new expansion side.

I really like the look of Whitfield.

I love the myths that come up around "the next big thing". Every year, it repeats over and over again. There's some kid who's going to be the best player ever! He's a quicker, faster, tougher version of Judd!

It's really quite amusing.

I remember Bryce Gibbs was apparently the best player who'd ever played, dominating against men in the SANFL.

Tom Scully was supposedly an unbelievable talent who'd be unstoppable.

Swallow was going to win the RS, no if's not but's, only injury could stop him. Don't even bother with a betting market.

Every single year, the myth of the superman junior is perpetuated. I wonder how this batch will turn out?

I love the myths that come up around "the next big thing". Every year, it repeats over and over again. There's some kid who's going to be the best player ever! He's a quicker, faster, tougher version of Judd!

It's really quite amusing.

I remember Bryce Gibbs was apparently the best player who'd ever played, dominating against men in the SANFL.

Tom Scully was supposedly an unbelievable talent who'd be unstoppable.

Swallow was going to win the RS, no if's not but's, only injury could stop him. Don't even bother with a betting market.

Every single year, the myth of the superman junior is perpetuated. I wonder how this batch will turn out?

I like this post Lance :thumbsu: Bullseye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back