Analysis The Big Fish We Didn't Catch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being trade period now, was thinking about which players over this long journey that have been linked to Geelong but ended up going elsewhere, and which one(s) was/were the most disappointing to miss out on.We have plenty of discussion on those we did lure but possibly should not have.

1. Puns aside, PAUL SALMON was my biggest disappointment. I really was looking forward to his presence, exactly what we needed back then, and instead iirc, he went to Hawthorn.

2. This player will mean nothing to most fans here, but STEPHEN MICHAEL. Massive reputation as the best WA ruckman since Polly, and we missed out.

3. A more recent addition, one I did not appreciate until this season, DEVON SMITH. Again, exactly what we needed.

Any others?

Being trade period now, was thinking about which players over this long journey that have been linked to Geelong but ended up going elsewhere, and which one(s) was/were the most disappointing to miss out on.We have plenty of discussion on those we did lure but possibly should not have.

1. Puns aside, PAUL SALMON was my biggest disappointment. I really was looking forward to his presence, exactly what we needed back then, and instead iirc, he went to Hawthorn.

2. This player will mean nothing to most fans here, but STEPHEN MICHAEL. Massive reputation as the best WA ruckman since Polly, and we missed out.

3. A more recent addition, one I did not appreciate until this season, DEVON SMITH. Again, exactly what we needed.

Any others?
Agree with the Devon Smith 1.
Perfect fit for our current needs.
Knows where the goals are and layed a heap of tackles this year

Tony Modra: was past his prime but he would’ve been exciting to watch.
Daniel Bradshaw: I do love key forwards he never really did much at Sydney. But very underrated at the lions.
Greg Williams: taking a bit of liberty here but we missed out on having him in the side. Played 2 years I think at geelong won a bnf and left for $10,000 more went on to have a great career.

Was going to mention him but he was not really in the trade period; but definitely would have been one of our better F-S selections. I loved his dad Bryan in the late 70's. Who knows how Ben would have turned out living in Geelong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Williams: taking a bit of liberty here but we missed out on having him in the side. Played 2 years I think at geelong won a bnf and left for $10,000 more went on to have a great career.
that one may well have cost us a flag

Tony Modra: was past his prime but he would’ve been exciting to watch.
Daniel Bradshaw: I do love key forwards he never really did much at Sydney. But very underrated at the lions.

Was also AA and MVP in his second and last season with us. I always thought it was $5,000 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back