Analysis The Big Fish We Didn't Catch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man wouldnt the media love that. 24 hour coverage awaiting the news of paternity tests to confirm father sons.
Whats next...conception cam? :p:eek::drunk:

Go Catters

I still dont know why we dont organise joint post season trips for our players with the australian female basketball team with free booze. We really need to be more long term thinking.
Our B & F winner has the connections to facilitate that.

That's gold. Thanks for sharing. I got the rest of it from Maguiness himself when I was buying a cricket bat.

If he was as big as you Ramsay , I'm surprised he even fitted in. Did he do a Hightower form Police Academy?
RamsayBogunavich became a bit of a mate in 1982 while I was working at Geelong Hospital. He certainly was BIG.

Anyone remember how we were going to get Murette from SA or (WA)? I think his name was Steven or Peter. He was another player that we were supposed to pick up that never got to Geelong.

Anyone remember how we were going to get Murette from SA or (WA)? I think his name was Steven or Peter. He was another player that we were supposed to pick up that never got to Geelong.
these are all good names, many of which I have forgotten or not even aware of.

these are all good names, many of which I have forgotten or not even aware of.

Too young to remember Murette Vdubs?

I am also not sure on the spelling of his name. It was pronounced Muir-ette.

Too young to remember Murette Vdubs?

I am also not sure on the spelling of his name. It was pronounced Muir-ette.
Older than you, but memory of that name a no-no.

1)Nathan Buckley.

When Buckley left Brisbane Bears, we courted him, and gave him a drink card. He used it, but still picked Collingwood instead.

2) Jade'Rawlings

Mind you, I think we dodged a bullet, given that Jade was a bit of a spud.

Remember when he demanded a limo to drive him to Kardinia Park for a tour of our facilities?

(Fun fact. North originally tried to offer us his brother, Brady Rawlings, in the Leigh Colbert deal. We said no and got Cameron Mooney and three draft picks (which one of them turned into Corey Enright).

3) Draft picks for Stevie J

One year before he joined GWS, Geelong got an offer from the Giants for Stevie J, and in exchange we would get two top ten draft picks.

I thought that we should have done the deal at the time, as SJ only had two years left, and we get in exchange two 15 year players. We also had pick 10 already (which we used on Nakia Cockatoo, so we would have had three top ten picks).

However, this offer was made from GWS five minutes before the end of trade period, and we didn't accept, because there wasn't enough time to contect Steve Johnson and ask him if he wanted to move to the Giants. The next year, they got him for free.

(One report said that GWS offered us a top ten pick and Dylan Shiel for SJ. Imagine if that was true and we took it. Shiel would then be playing for us, rather than Essendon).

Ben Cousins.

Brian Cousins played for Geelong, and under F-S, we could have got Ben, but the AFL manipulated the rule to be if the father played 50 games for a VFL club or ONE game for an interstate club. Brian had played in the WAFL, so Ben got to go there, and WCE could pick him.

Now, in hindsight, you might say we dodged a bullet, but I think Ben Cousins in Geelong's culture would not have got on drugs, and his life would be massively better if we had got him, and he missed falling in with dubious people in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3) Draft picks for Stevie J

One year before he joined GWS, Geelong got an offer from the Giants for Stevie J, and in exchange we would get two top ten draft picks.

I thought that we should have done the deal at the time, as SJ only had two years left, and we get in exchange two 15 year players. We also had pick 10 already (which we used on Nakia Cockatoo, so we would have had three top ten picks).

However, this offer was made from GWS five minutes before the end of trade period, and we didn't accept, because there wasn't enough time to contect Steve Johnson and ask him if he wanted to move to the Giants. The next year, they got him for free.

(One report said that GWS offered us a top ten pick and Dylan Shiel for SJ. Imagine if that was true and we took it. Shiel would then be playing for us, rather than Essendon).
giphy.gif

I still dont know why we dont organise joint post season trips for our players with the australian female basketball team with free booze. We really need to be more long term thinking.
On so many levels that is a revolting statement. Drunk, mindless, potentially violent s**x is not something to be jokingly referred to. It is unfortunate that this board , like others, descends into suggestions that women are just there to serve men.

On so many levels that is a revolting statement. Drunk, mindless, potentially violent s**x is not something to be jokingly referred to. It is unfortunate that this board , like others, descends into suggestions that women are just there to serve men.
The two asterisks make me think that your sentence is "potentially violent seax" and I would like to reaffirm that Vikings are no joking matter.

Seeds said:

Atsam points out rightly that there is an implication by Seeds that is not stated, and that it is not respectful of the women (and the married men in our squad). Humour just hides the disrespect it doesn't remove it.

Clearly you have zero.

And to make out what you said from the first post, shows that clearly you have some issues to come to that conclusion.

SJW’s. Not even once.
Well you must be a psychiatrist or psychologist to draw that 'conclusion' from that comment- long bow Down at k Park. I suggest you try some reading on violence against women and men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back