[The Bloody Arrogance!] - Time to jump off Crows, Choco urges SA kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why was nothing made of Williams comments?

Well sheesh, if you wanna be like that, let's then call you the Camry Crows. Wasn't that in your original song.

And before you start referring back to 1896, yes I am aware that Port was called some weird assed name, but still.

It's Port Adelaide.

Your club marketed itself as Port Power for about three years, the name stuck, that's really all there is to it. I know tonnes of Port supporters that call the club Port Power, my fiance included.

Well sheesh, if you wanna be like that, let's then call you the Camry Crows. Wasn't that in your original song.

And before you start referring back to 1896, yes I am aware that Port was called some weird assed name, but still.

It's Port Adelaide.

Haha, in fairness thats true.

As for referring to you guys as the 'Cockledivers' or something along those lines; I wouldnt go there. Thats an entirely different club altogether. ;)

Haha, in fairness thats true.

As for referring to you guys as the 'Cockledivers' or something along those lines; I wouldnt go there. Thats an entirely different club altogether. ;)

Lol yea the Cockledivers, that's the name I was thinking of. I'm happy to disclaim that name and I ain't gonna get into that debate.

I dont think there is anything wrong with his comments,

On the field we are doing ok, but we are still struggling with finances and memberships.

I love to Adelaide vs Port rivarly, when you guys smash us you dig it in, and we have to take it.

If you give, you can take I reckon :).

We are still a very up-and-down team, but this week we are on an up, give us this one moment please :) lol.

We won 7 in a row from 2000-04. Choc has a long memory

But that makes no sense. While you may have won 7 games, that was 6 years ago. Why would he bring it up now when he's going on about how we're on the decline and port are on the rise, right now? They are completely different time frames.

They would also have little affect on how many young children support our teams. I would say 99% of children pick teams based on prior allegiances (Parents teams) certain players and nice colours. Winning streaks wouldn't affect the younger kids, you'd think? Mind you, that's beside the point. I just don't understand how that 7 game streak was necessary in his argument.

Most Port-supporting people I know call them Port Power. It doesn't matter if you think they're "not true supporters" or that they don't "appreciate our history", the fact is, that's what most Port supporters think of their name as, let alone the rest of the comp. It's as ridiculous as when North Melbourne didn't want to be known as "The Kangaroos" anymore, but at least they had a worthwhile reason for making the moral stand.

As for Williams' comments, I agree with the school of thought that they were a backhanded compliment. Williams wishes those kids were wearing Port guernseys, and that their parents were buying those kids tickets to more than one Port home game a year. I don't see any issue with that comment at all, especially in comparison to some of the other classless comments that have come from Williams' mouth before.

6 weeks ago we were viewed closer to a flag than Port

6 months ago Port was a total shambles after a season of hell caused by player infighting due to the coach having his favourites

lets be honest at this point of time many Port supporters were calling for chocco's head and he was extremely lucky to save his job

yes we are 0-6 and port are 4-2 with a win over us however this may sound bias or silly but I do not believe that Port are any closer than us to a flag..

Geelong showed Port two weeks ago how far they are from a flag

your logic tells me that the crows are a 125 odd points worse than geelong yes? port get thumped by geelong, you get thumped by port?

re: the seven showdowns in a row.

Watch hes press and you'll understand what hes saying. He didnt mean the last 7, he said when we won 7 in around 00-04. Media spin it once again, watch hes presser for yourself

But that makes no sense. While you may have won 7 games, that was 6 years ago. Why would he bring it up now when he's going on about how we're on the decline and port are on the rise, right now? They are completely different time frames.

They would also have little affect on how many young children support our teams. I would say 99% of children pick teams based on prior allegiances (Parents teams) certain players and nice colours. Winning streaks wouldn't affect the younger kids, you'd think? Mind you, that's beside the point. I just don't understand how that 7 game streak was necessary in his argument.
Dyed-in-the-wool supporters, yes, their club generally comes from their parents/other significant family members.

If you ask a surprisingly large number of casual footy supporters (or those who have become passionate, but have no history of footy following in their family) how they decided their support, they will refer to looking at who was up the top of the ladder at the time, or who won a certain game. In that context, Choco's comments were (apart from being a bit of marketing) a lament from a club that knows that its inadequate supporter base makes it a marginal long-term proposition-- 'even when we're up the top and/or on a long winning streak, we still can't significantly improve our supporter base'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disrespectful and inflammatory imo. The bloke has absolutely nol grace whatsoever and neither did his old man.

"We've won seven Showdowns in a row against the Crows but I still look around and see too many kids wearing Crows jumpers for my liking,” he said.

“It's time [for the kids] to start to look around and decide which team is going up and which team is going down."....

Righto mate, kick us when we are down. Where has your team been the past two years?

actually being able to buy a Port jumper would be a good start.

Other than that, nothing wrong with what he said.

your logic tells me that the crows are a 125 odd points worse than geelong yes? port get thumped by geelong, you get thumped by port?
Ah, I love 'thought football'. Applying it to the last 2 weeks in the SANFL, it means that Norwood are a 24 goal better side than Centrals.

Ah, I love 'thought football'. Applying it to the last 2 weeks in the SANFL, it means that Norwood are a 24 goal better side than Centrals.
as i said his logic not mine, i know its easy to say now but take out the third against the cats and that game isnt such a big loss, a lapse for one quarter against pure class teams can result in such messes.

but if we are that far from a flag because geelong gave us wat for then how far off are the saints (which we beat) and the crows(which we beat)

the logic makes no sense. in our premiership year we were flogged by 80 points i na match, early on by memory.

good for him it creates rivalry and interest

maybe the crows should follow suit...get a bit nasty, show some passion and quit being pc and boring all the time

op...sto[ being so *ing precious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back