The Clayton Oliver Statistical Analysis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't spent the following two days on social media sooking it up like a bitch.
Made one post in response to a bloke calling into question his character. I bet Martyn would have gone down like a sack of shite if an opponent elbowed him during the tea break too. Why: because he would have no reason to expect it.

He hasn't spent the following two days on social media sooking it up like a bitch.

You have a go at him "sooking it up like a bitch on social media" yet here you are having quite the constant and considerable hissy fit over it.

Pot meet kettle.

More the implication that he wanted to get Schofield in trouble after the game.

Really you should be asking why the MRP deemed a 'sore jaw' to be worthy of low impact and not negligible. Especially considering the tribunal was able to overturn it.

Unlike your bloke Schofield, who is obviously a saint for showing the world how "soft" Oliver is during the half-time break.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Glad you've finally seen the light. :thumbsu:

It might be amusing for Melbourne fans and outsiders but for Eagles fans his dive almost saw him get the same penalty as Bachar Houli's act. Think about that for a moment.

I can guarantee you no Melbourne supporter is amused by this at all. The only people who are amused are the keyboard warriors.

I can guarantee you no Melbourne supporter is amused by this at all. The only people who are amused are the keyboard warriors.
I'm amused by the hyperbole

generally nor do eagles supports, in a nice way towards a good bloke, but oliver is a diving flog who should lien up for Melbourne Victory next year
Nah I'd prefer him doing this:

Look at the reading of the play, gathering of the footy, finding a running Hibberd with a handball who sends a long ball to the goal square where T-Mac breaks the hearts of Eagles supporters.

The AFL knew they had a disaster on their hands and acted accordingly.

Oliver gets a pass for now, but he won't want to ever dive again. The media will be on him like seagulls on a hot chip.

You realise the AFL plays the role of prosecution in the tribunal process?

The AFL were arguing Houli should get 4 weeks, he came out with two.

Nah I'd prefer him doing this:

Look at the reading of the play, gathering of the footy, finding a running Hibberd with a handball who sends a long ball to the goal square where T-Mac breaks the hearts of Eagles supporters.

Exactly. People want to talk about soft? Look at all the peahearted Eagles players jogging to the square because it's all too hard for them to front up and actually win the ball in the coalface.

Should have copped 10 weeks for trying to get into Marto. Bloke is an Aussie icon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL knew they had a disaster on their hands and acted accordingly.

Oliver gets a pass for now, but he won't want to ever dive again. The media will be on him like seagulls on a hot chip.

Not sure this is true. He is a media darling and they've been protecting him with their lives thus far. Lindsay Thomas could only dream of this sort of treatment

Should have copped 10 weeks for trying to get into Marto. Bloke is an Aussie icon.
No shit, little shit campaigner kids these days brought up with flogs like Warner instead.

Marto, now there was a man who could bat in India.

He will learn from this and be better for it. Umpires report should be questioned more than anything. Glad this mess is over

Glad this is all over to be honest. Get on with things like Friday nights game.

Don't blame Oliver for the MRP's stupid decision, they're the ones that decided a 'sore jaw' was worth a suspension. Good this was sorted out at the tribunal.
of course you guys are glad this is over and want to move on - your messiah that will win 15 Brownlows over the next 10 years has in the space of 3 nights proven himself to be a stager, a liar, and a petulant flog who had a crack at Damien Martyn who has more sporting success than Oliver can dream of. Glad its over... i reckon Demons supporters wish they could erase everyones memory of this pathetic display by one of their players.

Alas, supporters and players of all teams wont let Oliver forget this for a long time. Reckon the next time Oliver turns up to Demons HQ that he will be booked in for some media training ;)

The QC basically called Rosebury a liar. Rosebury is a senior umpire and would not appreciate getting dragged through all this primarily because of Oliver's exaggeration. Sure, Schofield threw the elbow but you can bet Rosebury won't be blaming him.

I think there may be slim pickings for Oliver when it comes to receiving free kicks in the next few seasons unless he cleans his act up fast. Before he knows it, he will be the boy who cried wolf like Jack Darling, Lindsay Thomas etc. Those guys aren't paid genuine frees because they put it on so much that they aren't given the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
of course you guys are glad this is over and want to move on - your messiah that will win 15 Brownlows over the next 10 years has in the space of 3 nights proven himself to be a stager, a liar, and a petulant flog who had a crack at Damien Martyn who has more sporting success than Oliver can dream of. Glad its over... i reckon Demons supporters wish they could erase everyones memory of this pathetic display by one of their players.

Alas, supporters and players of all teams wont let Oliver forget this for a long time.

Clayton Oliver: 18 contested possessions
Will Schofield: 6 disposals, 3 effective.

Pathetic display

Alas, supporters and players of all teams wont let Oliver forget this for a long time.
I maintained the whole way that I was interested to see the medical report as it would shed light on the severity of the impact. In the end the MRP decided that a 'sore jaw' was worth a suspension, which I immediately damned. I'm not too concerned either way as I will still be able to enjoy Oliver's football for a very long time.

If you feel like booing him next time we play you have fun with that.

No shit, little shit campaigner kids these days brought up with flogs like Warner instead.

Marto, now there was a man who could bat in India.
Ranga with dumbarse Davey and LBWatson as role models. Never stood a chance.

Clayton Oliver: 18 contested possessions
Will Schofield: 6 disposals, 3 effective.

Pathetic display
Midfielder v defender. argument fail to compare disposals lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back