The Clayton Oliver Statistical Analysis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still had 28 touches and 8 clearances despite the tag and the dive. Oh, and hit the handball to Hibberd which won us the game.

:D :D :D

In Clarry We Trust.

Be nice to answer with actual discussion rather than meaningless conjecture. He had a good game, chill out son.
Unprecedented this unprecedented that, it's pathetic.

He's just a young kid doing well in a tough environment. If you feel the need to laud him. which I doubt, do so, but spare us the smart arse remarks.

That was a dive, but I hope it doesn't completely take away from how good a game it was
People are talking about Sloan as a superstar yet he is tagged out of the game. Viney does his shoulder and then a 19 year old kid steps up and has 19 touches in the second half WHILE being tagged. Gun

AFL players would experience incidental contact worse than what happened to Oliver 20 times a game and not even flinch.

I have been impressed with him thus far even though he has a propensity to cheat and throw the ball but that dive was nothing short of a disgrace.

He shouldn't be sanctioned, he just should be universally mocked for a cringeworthy and embarrassing act.

Great player at such a young age and your recruiting manager deserves a pay rise cos he nailed that pick - but he's no BONT!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistically (since this is Stat thread) - he ranks first for disposals per game after first two seasons with arguably the best players after two seasons ;
C. Oliver (after 26 games) - 24.6 pos - Fantasy Avg: DT: 85.7 SC: 89.5
C.Judd - (after 45 games) 16.6 - DT: 69.6 SC: first three seasons not available on fanfooty)
N.Fyfe - (after 39 games) 20.6 DT: 83.3 SC: 90.3
M. Bontempelli (after 36 games) - 20.0 - DT: 82.1 SC: 92.4

Last edited:
I know you're not used to winning, but at least read the posts. You won, good show!
We could conceivably never win again or never lose again and I won't change. Winning or losing is irrelevant to my analysis of the content by others.

Oliver was fantastic again last night, but human nature being what it is dishes up rubbish, which is best highlighted by the last few posts.

He copped a clip on the chin, spoke about after on 7, sais he was surprised by it, wasn't expecting it and caught him flush on jaw

No it didn't. If it caught him flush on the jaw his head would have gone back instantly, not a whole second later.

The guy is a liar and a diver, just a s**t bloke.

People need to upgrade their tv's if they think that elbow didn't get him pretty good.

I'd prefer him not to have gone down but it's a natural reaction to being whacked on the chin.

Got back up, had 19 second half touches and played an important part in the winning goal. I'll take that.

Yeah natural reaction is for your head to go back a second later and then you fall to the ground.

He's a grub.

A great player that will be a superstar of the game for the next 10 years.

But he should be fined for that dive, we don't need or want that in this great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back