Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Basil creeps me out . The singer also had very nice voice , but please don’t sing the anthem like that ever again. Did I mention that basil creeps me out ☹😁

Was explaining to my Dad last night that I will never truly love Goody, as he just is a bit unhinged for me, but my main learning is that I love is coaching and what he has achieved.

******* big nose Basil didn't even let Goody speak on the dais. We will never get that moment back

From a neutral fan that was a disgrace basil is a stain that channel 7 refuse to get rid of.

I am sure it won't ruin the day but its quite pathetic a major moment in your club history has been hijacked by a big nosed halfwit who is all about himself. Paul Roos and Luke Beveridge are in folklore for when they went up and spoke after breaking long premiership droughts.

Even Mark williams in 2004 with port and his tie.

From a Fremantle fan perspective Basil will never be forgiven our most glamorous moment in our history is when stephen hill kicking a runaway goal coming off the bench in the dying moments of a qualifying final down in Geelong 2013 for our most famous win and everytime we go back to watch it Basil is calling the goal a bit lucky questioning the interchange ffs instead of marvelling at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New to bf, but i have to admit, i didn't think Good win had it in him prior to this year. But the more i learn about how he goes about it the more i realise that he is the perfect modern day coach. His strengths are understanding how to get the best out of the people around him

Our fourth premiership coach, amazing :)

New to bf, but i have to admit, i didn't think Good win had it in him prior to this year. But the more i learn about how he goes about it the more i realise that he is the perfect modern day coach. His strengths are understanding how to get the best out of the people around him

Our fourth premiership coach, amazing :)
Nuts that he is only our 4th premiership coach. Checker and Smith 11 between them.

One of only 3 premierships for Melbourne that don’t have the name Norm Smith as a player or coach.

Nuts that he is only our 4th premiership coach. Checker and Smith 11 between them.

One of only 3 premierships for Melbourne that don’t have the name Norm Smith as a player or coach.

In so many ways Norm Smith was the Melbourne Football Club, my dad recently gave me 'The Red Fox' which is the biography of Norm Smith. Fascinating read so far.

But what Goodwin has done with the club has been amazing.

This GF win will go down as one of the greatest in the game. In an era where teams copy other teams with tactics gameplan etc we did it OUR way.

Goodwin is the main reason why.

He will continue to he underated in the footy world because he is understated, humble and down the line but he's almost the perfect footy coach.

No bullshit, no gimmicks, no complaining, no grandstanding, no blaming others.

He clearly is a big reason for our great culture, has great footy nouse and has been instrumental (with others) in getting this list in tip top shape for years to come.

You dont get a team playing hard and selfless footy like that unless you drive respect.

I know in the post gf glow (having seen all these other teams over the years) that players talk up their coaches. But this feels powerful the way every single player has spoken about how Goody was relaxed at half time and re-assured them they were on the right track but just had a few changes to make.

Plenty talking that this was what the group needed, and I reckon that's so undervalued. Goody might seem weird to others as he's always presenting the same but to hear Trac say that Simon helped him be more comfortable with who he is as a person, and how he plays football speaks volumes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back