Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give credit to Greg Stafford and Goodwin for coming up with the "kick it to the pocket" and try for repeated score attempts gameplan. It worked so well it won us a premiership.
The problem is, it was worked out by the competition after that season and now it seems that we have not changed our forward setup since the flag.
Stafford was a ruck coach that was moved into the forward coach role to save us some cash.
He needs to go now and we need a complete revamp of our forward setup. We also need to rejig our mid/forward plan as well.

Can this bloke actually coach? Why does he perpetually need a mentor (Roos/Neil/Choco/Richo ect).

We don’t have enough money for a proper forward coach because we piss it away on a 2nd head coach because Goodwin can’t do his own job on his own.

honestly what’s goodwins pass mark for this year ? Finally win a final at the mcg ?
Same terrible game style as last year.
He will kill our window, we need a decent forward coach not a ex ruckman. The forward line is way too crowded and we continually bomb it in. Everyone sees it except bags goodwin.

honestly what’s goodwins pass mark for this year ? Finally win a final at the mcg ?
Same terrible game style as last year.
He will kill our window, we need a decent forward coach not a ex ruckman. The forward line is way too crowded and we continually bomb it in. Everyone sees it except bags goodwin.
Windows’ closed my man

Safe, boring, predictable. What a slap in the face this was to those of us who had a glimmer of hope this season. He's got nothing in the trick bag Simon. He's done with this group. He can come up with a solid defensive structure which pretty much was the only reason we won a flag, but besides that he's got nothing else. Safe, boring, contested defensive footy is dead and Simon didn't get the memo.

Goody saying "it's going to take some time" in regards to our ball movement and connection in his presser. How long is a piece of string? Whats that? nearly 2.5 years in trying to fix the same problem? It still looks exactly the same as it did 2.5 years ago. Just incredible. Makes me believe he doesn't actually see it as a problem, just lip service for the media.

Goody saying "it's going to take some time" in regards to our ball movement and connection in his presser. How long is a piece of string? Whats that? nearly 2.5 years in trying to fix the same problem? It still looks exactly the same as it did 2.5 years ago. Just incredible. Makes me believe he doesn't actually see it as a problem, just lip service for the media.
It's Round 2 next week, if we drop games early it's season over, the time was last year or before that, ffs Goody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm convinced he just doesn't think the kick inside 50 is important. Unfortunately for us it's the most important kick in the game.

I'm convinced he just doesn't think the kick inside 50 is important. Unfortunately for us it's the most important kick in the game.

Goody just wants us to lock it in with repeat stoppages, until the rolling pack gets to the goal line and someone manages to poke it over.

#contest #DNA #ourenvironmentisverysmallbecauseitsconfinedtoacontestedpack

Goody just wants us to lock it in with repeat stoppages, until the rolling pack gets to the goal line and someone manages to poke it over.

#contest #DNA #ourenvironmentisverysmallbecauseitsconfinedtoacontestedpack
Convinced he'd be a better rugby coach

Bottom 6 this year imo
Was pretty optimistic about top 6. But reality is its on a knife's edge. An injury to Gawn or May and you can see us finishing bottom 6. If we continue with this gamestyle and struggle to get Petty, McAdam and Koz on the park, then bottom 6 is a possibility anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back