Certified Legendary Thread The Cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne: WE ARE COMPLETE!
Rest of the league: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
devil.gif
Melbourne: Yes you're all f***ed! s**t out of luck!
Now we're complete and our utensil you will suck!
This flag will be mine and the Cats first in line!
You brought us the picks and now you shall all die!

Melbourne: WE ARE COMPLETE!
Rest of the league: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
View attachment 556680
Melbourne: Yes you're all f***ed! s**t out of luck!
Now we're complete and our utensil you will suck!
This flag will be mine and the Cats first in line!
You brought us the picks and now you shall all die!

So bad its good

I almost want us to be s**t again so we can bring this thread back to life
There will always be cuts. But there isn't much left for the rainbow connection thread

Yeah but cutting pedo just won't be as fun as cutting Matt Jones, Dawes, Evans, Toumpas and the like.
I don't know about you, but if Wagner doesn't make it, it'll be fun

Wagner is still so much better than the crap we had 5 years ago. I'd think he gets another shot at a club.
Gold Coast should really hunt both the Wagner boys tbh. They're not perfect, but their AFL standard and from up North

Wagner is contracted till 2019, honestly I'd be keeping him at this stage just for depth with Hibberd/Jetta turning 29 next year and Lewis potentially playing his last season.

The end can often come really quickly for blokes once they hit 30
Malceski and Leon Davis are 2 defenders I can think of off the top of my head who were AA and then done very soon after.

Malceski and Leon Davis are 2 defenders I can think of off the top of my head who were AA and then done very soon after.

Agree. Really need to target understudies for Jetta and Hibberd. I don't think it'll happen but geez we'd be a damn good side if Hunt can somehow improve his disposal and win a bit more of the footy.

Leon was bizarre though, he wasn’t done on form at all, just wanted to go back to Perth and neither club would take him even for peanuts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Really need to target understudies for Jetta and Hibberd. I don't think it'll happen but geez we'd be a damn good side if Hunt can somehow improve his disposal and win a bit more of the footy.

I can't even write off hunt anymore collectively we have all written off every player on the list outside of Oliver and yet we seem to be developing everyone quite well. Even JKH is looking serviceable.

We have gone really hard on mature players, I think we have to be a little careful not to forget about developing back up.

Wagner is contracted till 2019, honestly I'd be keeping him at this stage just for depth with Hibberd/Jetta turning 29 next year and Lewis potentially playing his last season.

There's also the fact that Wagner is the next captain in waiting.

Cannon82

Hope i'm not being too cocky or rude but after all we have been put through over the years against this mob I just felt compelled to make some comment, more directed at their Coach and a few of their players.

(Basically stolen from John Donne)

Catters, be not proud. (Demon Sonnet No 1)

Catters, be not proud, though some had called you
Mighty and dreadful, for you are not now so;
From those whom thou think'st you could overthrow
Die now, poor Catters, nor ever yet canst thou now kill us,
From misery and shame which are now gone,
Much pleasure; now for us dost flow,
And soonest your best men with thee do go,
As soon they rest their bones and ponder Ablett’s demise.
Thou art slave to fate, the draft, Gil, and desperate Demons,
And dost with possessions, Clarry, and Gawny dwell,
And Weid and Harmes can make you sleep as well.
And better than thy fractured Trinity; our midfield destroys thou then?
One short sleep past, your Demons wake eternally
And Catters flags shall be nevermore; Catters, thou hast died.

Hope i'm not being too cocky or rude but after all we have been put through over the years against this mob I just felt compelled to make some comment, more directed at their Coach and a few of their players.

(Basically stolen from John Donne)

Catters, be not proud. (Demon Sonnet No 1)

Catters, be not proud, though some had called you
Mighty and dreadful, for you are not now so;
From those whom thou think'st you could overthrow
Die now, poor Catters, nor ever yet canst thou now kill us,
From misery and shame which are now gone,
Much pleasure; now for us dost flow,
And soonest your best men with thee do go,
As soon they rest their bones and ponder Ablett’s demise.
Thou art slave to fate, the draft, Gil, and desperate Demons,
And dost with possessions, Clarry, and Gawny dwell,
And Weid and Harmes can make you sleep as well.
And better than thy fractured Trinity; our midfield destroys thou then?
One short sleep past, your Demons wake eternally
And Catters flags shall be nevermore; Catters, thou hast died.
A Demon sonnet? No wonder we Melbourne supporters enjoy the reputation we have...

I'm working on a little piece myself, cautiously entitled, "Ode to a trip I took to the football one fine Spring day in my Range Rover". It's a work in progress...

A Demon sonnet? No wonder we Melbourne supporters enjoy the reputation we have...

I'm working on a little piece myself, cautiously entitled, "Ode to a trip I took to the football one fine Spring day in my Range Rover". It's a work in progress...
Keats would be so impressed. If he knew what a Range Rover and football were.

In all seriousness (yes, I know lol) we do have to have three list changes.

Balic and Vince are gone, who joins them? One of King and Pedersen will go, both if we get Preuss, making it at least three and maybe four.

Anyone else? I'd still clear off JKH, but it seems like he's become a genuine depth player, so who is the last? Johnstone, McKenna, T.Smith all seem like candidates.

In all seriousness (yes, I know lol) we do have to have three list changes.

Balic and Vince are gone, who joins them? One of King and Pedersen will go, both if we get Preuss, making it at least three and maybe four.

Anyone else? I'd still clear off JKH, but it seems like he's become a genuine depth player, so who is the last? Johnstone, McKenna, T.Smith all seem like candidates.

Reckon two of Bugg/Johnstone/McKenna are gone, wouldn't mind rookie listing McKenna to give him one more crack at it. I reckon they'll cut Pedo with the emergence of the Weid, although I'd prefer to keep him on a 1 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back