Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing any good footy for the Club he is disillusioned with.

if he wants a good contract in 2021 he will?

Don't think either club (Essendon or Swans) will be offering big money to him if he doesn't play well, or at all.

if he wants a good contract in 2021 he will?

Don't think either club (Essendon or Swans) will be offering big money to him if he doesn't play well, or at all.

Well yes. Daniher approached the Bloods. We thought yep ok but we will not trade the house. Dodo totally messed up. Will get a late 2nd rounder at best for Joey.

Carlton and Norf are smart compared to your spaced out mob

Well yes. Daniher approached the Bloods. We thought yep ok but we will not trade the house. Dodo totally messed up. Will get a late 2nd rounder at best for Joey.

Carlton and Norf are smart compared to your spaced out mob

OK? i didn't even say a word about the trade period? all i said was that If Joe leaves (which he may) then the $ and Contract length the Swans offer dictates the comp pick.

OK? i didn't even say a word about the trade period? all i said was that If Joe leaves (which he may) then the $ and Contract length the Swans offer dictates the comp pick.

Sure. He will get a Colvan chips over from us. Other Clubs may make Smith's offers. If Dons match the offer he will retire.

Not at all worried about Daniher’ salary. Even if he plays a few games this year, a handful of games in 3 years is not landing you a million dollar deal no matter who u are

I mean after the trade debacle. He and the swans will have an understanding to get through the year unscathed

Doesn't make our offer last year any better. Offering the farm for a injured bloke was horrible.

Doesn't make our offer last year any better. Offering the farm for a injured bloke was horrible.

What was this farm you speak of?

A pick 9 that we didn't have, and a pick 25?

Hardly the farm. More like offered the out-house with a few toilet rolls thrown in as a bonus.

What was this farm you speak of?

A pick 9 that we didn't have, and a pick 25?

Hardly the farm. More like offered the out-house with a few toilet rolls thrown in as a bonus.

Any first rounder involved was huge overs for a player that’s still injured

Even though it is highly likely he is still injured , I’m not 100% sold. There is a chance there is a game of silly buggers going on to insure he is healthy for 2021 and to undercut bombers at the trade table this year

I personally don't think it's smart business to pay a premium for anyone who is injured at the time. I've been that way period. If that means we miss out on him so be it, not much of a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though it is highly likely he is still injured , I’m not 100% sold. There is a chance there is a game of silly buggers going on to insure he is healthy for 2021 and to undercut bombers at the trade table this year

I can’t believe that. Playing a game at its highest level requires many things other than just fitness. Many things that involve muscle memory. You stop playing and you lose those muscle memory skills. Once gone it’s an uphill battle to retrieve them

Agree we don’t want cripples

But with Reid basically a list clogger and buddy looking cooked the forward line is an issue

Especially if Papley went, Blakey looks like he isn’t a key forward in the current plan and mccartin they seem to like down back

We don’t score much at the moment

I agree it's a s**t to have Buddy and Reid down at the same time but our forward line has not been our problem in recent years. Our conversion efficiency is one of the highest on the comp but we've often striuggled for supply. Hopefully some tweaks in the engine room will help that as we beef up our mids. I had hoped that Sinclair could play more of a role, IMO he's a decent forward, but we've got guys like Hayward, Heeney, Blakey and McCartin who are improving year by year and a host of clever small forwards. As our young mids grow in stature we'll hopefully have the luxury of Parker and even Kennedy spending more time forward. Both pretty handy near the sticks.

If Daniher was reliable I'd maybe give him a punt for the right price but we may well be swapping one lame duck for an even lamer duck, and if they're not playing it doesn't matter who's the better forward. Rather than risk tying our future to a potential weight around our nexk it's perhaps better to invest in a reliable young forward who can become an integral part of the Next Gen Swans.

Reid will be let go at years end to accommodate Daniher if checks out

Can’t have all 3 and Daniher has an abundance more upside than Reid
A player who can't get on the park gives us less than nothing. If Reid can't play and Daniher can't play then whoever is the cheaper of the two represents better value for money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back