SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Jon Patton is the one to watch this year, Joe is using his playbook. No real concern here just get him to the club.

Even if Joe busts its not going to set us back much. Our window withiut him wont be until 2023ish anyway.
This. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain through targeting Daniher IMO.
Patton is value wise what we should be offering Essendon at the absolute utter most.
Except Daniher at his best has proven himself to be a much better player than Patton at his best. And Patton was only so cheap because he was only traded to offload his salary to help GWS in their attempts to retain the likes of Cameron and Williams. Same with Scully the year prior. GWS believed they could compete without both of these players, Essendon don't think they can compete without Daniher. Not at all comparable.
If I was a Dons fan I'd believe we wouldn't be too far off going for the premiership. Great backline, solid midfield, good coach and only missing piece is a star forward - ala Daniher. They definately need to get a lot of things right but their core is mid to late 20s. If they rebuild now they'll set themselves back 5yrs
At this stage, I think I'd just want to win a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticky009

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I still want the prick if he checks out

He is an absolute gun and a athletic freak for his size that changes the course of a game of his own boot

These blokes are what the difference normally is in finalS games
What's your definition of 'if he checks out'? What medical hurdles and outcomes would meet the criteria

Millky95

Starchild > You
Jul 6, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Renegades
He is still young and could come good.

At a cheap price as well.

If he leaves Essendon, SEN said today they will get a 2nd Round Compo. I reckon they will be lucky to get that.
Essendon's own arrogance won't let it happen. Then when we refuse to trade they will sook and cry to the AFL who will use the power of THE ALGORITHM to get end of R1 pick.

Bloodied52

Brownlow Medallist
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
Essendon's own arrogance won't let it happen. Then when we refuse to trade they will sook and cry to the AFL who will use the power of THE ALGORITHM to get end of R1 pick.
It will be influenced by the size of our offer to JD and if the Drugons don't match. They will squeal like stuck pigs anyway. And yep you may be right about the end if Rd 1 pick.

FreeAgent1

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
It will be influenced by the size of our offer to JD and if the Drugons don't match. They will squeal like stuck pigs anyway. And yep you may be right about the end if Rd 1 pick.
If they get an end of 1st round compo - I doubt they will get anything better in a trade, from ANY team.

I would love them to match our RFA offer, and then Joe publically says he isnt signing it and goes to PSD....

Just for the 3 different ways Dodo could have got out of the situation and still failed to get anything.

I think he will cut off his nose to ensure he doesnt "lose" a trade.

Ticky009

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Whatever offer from the Swans in regards to cash is probably off the table. 2nd or 3rd round pick for a bloke for any team who wants him. Who hasn't played in years and unlike Patton is still unfit by all accounts.

And that's the clincher in regard to any Patton comparison. Bloke could have played for GWS last year but chose not to. Therefore was at that point medically fit to play and Hawthorns risk was lower.

Daniher is not medically fit and after years is showing no signs of getting any better.

Top Bottom