Thumpy

All Australian
Dec 14, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Sturt
What are people's thoughts on the future of 20/20 cricket here in Australia (both the bigbash and international competitions) I would like to see a 20/20 series played instead of one of the ODI series. So for example this summer the structure could have been like

Twenty20's v Pakistan
Game 1 @ Melbourne
Game 2 @ Adelaide
Game 3 @ Perth
ODI's v Pakistan
Game 1 @ Brisbane
Game 2 @ Hobart
Game 3 @ Sydney
Twenty20's v West Indies
Game 1 @ Brisbane
Game 2 @ Melbourne
Game 3 @ Sydney
ODI'S v West Indies
Game 1 @ Melbourne
Game 2 @ Adelaide
Game 3 @ Perth

This way each capital city gets to host at least one 20/20 and one ODI.

What are people's thoughts on the future of 20/20 cricket here in Australia (both the bigbash and international competitions) I would like to see a 20/20 series played instead of one of the ODI series. So for example this summer the structure could have been like

Twenty20's v Pakistan
Game 1 @ Melbourne
Game 2 @ Adelaide
Game 3 @ Perth
ODI's v Pakistan
Game 1 @ Brisbane
Game 2 @ Hobart
Game 3 @ Sydney
Twenty20's v West Indies
Game 1 @ Brisbane
Game 2 @ Melbourne
Game 3 @ Sydney
ODI'S v West Indies
Game 1 @ Melbourne
Game 2 @ Adelaide
Game 3 @ Perth

This way each capital city gets to host at least one 20/20 and one ODI.

Except Hobart...but whatever...

Yes T20 is a future of the game, but play too much of it (ie. ODI's these days) it gets boring, a simple law supply cannot exceed demand, the idea the OP proposes is a good one, a nice mix of ODI's and T20's and each city gets a game or two. Hobart could get a T20 the next year and another ground misses out. :thumbsu:

@CheersThump

I like your proposal. Forget these 5- and 7-match ODI series, what a wank they usually tend to be. And what on earth was with the thinking of Cricket Australia to give Perth back to back games, and as was probably going to be the case, 1 if not 2 dead rubbers. That is an insult to the Western Australian public.

For maximum impact, move the games around the country. Give everyone a chance to see a T20I and an ODI, and the chance to see both visiting nations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back