The Game Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Cuneyt
hall looked very sloppy down back, cant wait till gaspers back

For me hall would have to be the only let down i really saw in the back line, ofcourse the others occasionaly stuffed up but i think hall just was not suited for the posisition.

Just got home. Was pretty happy when we got Morrison in the draft and he did enough to keep me that way. Was quiet early but presented well and has a J Brown look about him.
Weller solid in defence and solid in build. Lots of big thumping spoils.
T Roach slight build, fast and very classy.
N Brown sensational player. Already knew that.
Marsh didn't seem to be on much but good early.

Brad Johnson was great as usual for the Dogs.

I'll go watch the replay now for a different look..

Originally posted by Cogs is a gun
For me hall would have to be the only let down i really saw in the back line, ofcourse the others occasionaly stuffed up but i think hall just was not suited for the posisition.

Agree and the problem might be further compounded by the fact that he has been unable to find position or role that warrents faith in his ability to cut it at this level.

Was very pleased with Techno Roach tonight. Some clean handling, sharp evasive footwork when pinned on the boundary and also has plenty of toe! OK, he did run too far, but did he do it quickly!

Pettifer played an excellent first quarter including taking a few hard contested marks. Faded after that but it is still something that can be built on.

Speaking of built, he sure does look in much better condition.

Morrison wasn't as big as I though he would be but still did a lot of good things. Not sure he is big enough yet to be a bash and barge CHF. Certainly more mobile than Ben Holland!

Ty 'Tarzan' Zantuck looked a handful up forward. He was playing as a 'stay-at-home' FF which really isn't his game - probably just doing that so the players got used to looking for someone in the goalsquare.

The 'fro didn't look to be in too bad condition and also did a lot of good things. Needs to take more care with his field kicking.

Hall looked outclassed by Rawlings BUT Rawlings would have to be a dumber player than his (future) brother-in-law. He bead Hall on a lead every time but persisted in leading straight to the boundary line and a dead position.

We definetly need a fit and fully recovered Gaspar back in the side or find someone other than Hall to take the oppositions number 1 tall forward. Rawlings always had a couple of metres on the lead. Hall is still probably the slowest decision maker in the side when he's got the ball and is looking to dispose of it.

With so much rotation off the bench its hard to tell who won the their position but apart from Hall the only other obvious one was Brad Johnson and Newman. Both had 20 touches but Johnson's were the more important for his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mcgarnacle
would have preferred we let the dogs take it in the end. more games under these mickey mouse rules which won't be enforced during the premiership season only hinders our preparation. if we lost, we could have played 3 practice matches of real footy before the season starts.

and start the season with a few thousand less members...silliest thing Ive heard this year

Originally posted by CJH

Morrison wasn't as big as I though he would be but still did a lot of good things. Not sure he is big enough yet to be a bash and barge CHF. Certainly more mobile than Ben Holland!

The best thing about Morrison is that he'll never have to take the bst defender whilst Rich and otto are in the side ...he can sit back in the luxurious posi as the third tall...i think there is plenty of improvement left in him with some regular senior footy and more familiar with his team mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back