Religion The God Question - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the burden of proof on those who claim the apostles were telling the truth or is the burden of proof on those who say they were lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What are you talking about? It's pretty simple; the Bible makes plenty of claims, especially Genesis. It's not up to anyone other than those making the claims to prove them. Can you prove them?

Belief in God comes down to faith not science....We all know that.
Faith being,belief without evidence.
Now,whether it be the numerous books of the faithful that make claims about the natural world,it is rational and without prejudice,to ask for evidence for the claims made.
It is upto the claimants to provide said evidence,if none is forthcoming,it is rational and reasonable to discard the faithfuls claims,without this data your claims are irrational and prejudiced.
I do believe that I'd enjoy playing numerous different card games with you.
I know I'd end up with plenty of extra beer,wine and snack money!

intuition:subjective presuppositions
The senses:can be scientifically measured
Our feelings/emotions:subjective
Spatial awareness:can be scientifically measured
Balance:science
Gut instinct:could be measured scientifically if true or not.
Animal Magnetism:as above/nature,science.
Dreams/ Premonitions:meh
Reason:science
Logic:science
Maths:science

Ben Carson, the top neurosurgeon, regularly asked for God's help to get him through extremely complicated surgeries. In his book, he details how his faith has guided him - to him, religion isn't particularly important, but his relationship with God is. It doesn't really matter what you believe, but we all have the same creator.
The Sun.

Is the burden of proof on those who claim the apostles were telling the truth or is the burden of proof on those who say they were lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What apostles?

NO....It's just that too many posters confuse the scientific method as the only basis for human knowledge/belief....When it's merely one of many.
However, when people (such as yourself) try to discredit the scientific method by ridiculing its findings only then its a problem. The available evidence (in large amounts) points towards a common ancestor, you are trying to discredit that by saying we havent evolved. Then its a problem.I am far from an atheist, but the ones such as yourself who are always at war with science doesnt do us any favours, cause you are creating more militant atheists by waging war with the scientific method. To be honest it doesnt really make you look very intelligent either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What apostles?
The twelve apostles, as they used to be known, are just off the coast of western Victoria. Four of them got pissed and fell over. It is believed they were drinking some home-made wine, at a wedding reception, prior to their demise. It was their last supper.

Now there are only eight. It's a great tourist attraction, when god stops with the landslides, which tend to close the access road. I think it's a sign. The sign reads, "Wrong Way, Go Back".

None of those concepts have anything to do with someone's conscious decision to forgo evidence for faith in the unproven.

LOL....You're not very good at this....Poor attempt at a straw man.

So, kind of like how some people value facts greatly, while others prefer alternative facts? Got it! :)

Sweet....Now begging the question....Dear Oh.

Pretty poor argumentation skills on display here, that a 12 year old could carve through, after a single course in logic.

LOL....You're not very good at this....Poor attempt at a straw man.

Sweet....Now begging the question....Dear Oh.

Pretty poor argumentation skills on display here, that a 12 year old could carve through, after a single course in logic.
I'm not pullin' no straw mans, buddy. I'm trying to bring the topic back to the question at hand, while you're the one who keeps deviating with deflections.

You're the last person who should be lecturing anyone on logic. There's rarely any logic to what you post. It's all fanciful fluff based on nothing concrete.

I'm not pullin' no straw mans, buddy. I'm trying to bring the topic back to the question at hand, while you're the one who keeps deviating with deflections.

You're the last person who should be lecturing anyone on logic. There's rarely any logic to what you post. It's all fanciful fluff based on nothing concrete.

You are in the God thread my friend....And as such we are dealing with the intangible.

Religion, mythology, philosophy & psychology are the principle fields of study regarding the intangible.

If you refuse to understand or even try to comprehend the underlying metaphysical nature of those fields of interest, then you're likely searching in the wrong thread for your answers.

A good place to start is the notion of consciousness, self-consciousness & theories of identity....It's all about the inner journey....Until you start digging, then I'm afraid the hidden chamber within shall remain hermetically sealed.

But you keep on with the sunny-side up....It's quaint.

Why do you imagine he posted it?....The Dawkins/Hitchens school of presenting the opposing view in it's feeblest form.

It's Chelsea after all....I mean, come on.

I remember watching that whole interview a while ago, she was completely delusional.

And it's those kinds of delusional fools that hold positions of power and influence, they wish to influence the younger generations by having their rubbish actually taught in schools.

Why do you imagine he posted it?....The Dawkins/Hitchens school of presenting the opposing view in it's feeblest form.

It's Chelsea after all....I mean, come on.
Can you give "one" absolute verifiable incident where the "metaphysical" world has altered the state of the physical realm please?
You moan on and on about consciousness and inner worlds soooo much,but can you link us one example of the question I've put to you,so we can see your side of the story,pleeeeeease?!

Can you give "one" absolute verifiable incident where the "metaphysical" world has altered the state of the physical realm please?
You moan on and on about consciousness and inner worlds soooo much,but can you link us one example of the question I've put to you,so we can see your side of the story,pleeeeeease?!

Sure....Every sentence, word & letter typed in these forums, begins with an act of consciousness.

Touche.;)

Sure....Every sentence, word & letter typed in these forums, begins with an act of consciousness.

Touche.;)
So,it is your contention that consciousness is a supernatural force controlling or guiding our deepest thoughts and ideas?
So no free will then,sounds a bit Totalitarian Pro?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back