Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan71

Club Legend
May 22, 2010
Enemy Territory (Geelong)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is it just me or is channel ten bloody awful and anti hawks? Didnt show or mention many hawthorn should have been free kicks, never replayed the guerra/sellwood(ducker) incident.
I saw Guerra hit ducking boy on the way off the field but the incident was never replayerd????
Instead dumb head Luke Darcy dwells on one incident that he thought the cats should have got a free kick in 1st quarter. Yet they hardly ever mention the favouritism of free kicks to cats. If only the game was live I could listen to mmm instead of these muppets on tellie, they are horrible!

I think the media and umps are against the hawks.

Re: Channel 10 is horrible, what happened with Guerra and ducking boy?

Very unlikely they will show the replay of a Geelong player - especially Joel Selwood - striking someone.

I hate him. And I didn't even see the incident at the game.

He sucks the umps in every ****ing time. Charges in with his head down, doesn't even put his arms out, just goes in with the head, waits for contact, waits for the whistle.

Beyond a joke.

If there was something in it - im sure we will see it....

Darcy's just a waste of a commentator, even when he's making complimentary comments about a Hawthorn player I roll my eyes because he has no credibility at all.

I think the media and umps are against the hawks.

I don't think it is anything that sinister.

Umpires fall for the stereotypes and reputations. Player A gets calls Player B would never get. Some teams are more stringently umpired. Home ground advantage counts too.

Some players get cited by the MRP for an offence that others with a reputation for being more fair would never get cited for.

Commentators don't get that excuse; they are in the industry rather than reporting on it so don't rock the boat when they need access.

How bad was Darcy in the first quarter with that free kick he thought was there. Running back with the flight blah blah blah hit him front on blah blah. Replay the incident and you see that contact was side on and there was barely any contact. Also gibson was watching the ball in the final second before the ball landed so it was play on everyday of the week.

Selwood incident most likely will come to nothing as he is the love child of the AFL and also a blight on the game. Rule change for next year, if you duck its fair game. If that leads to a neck injury, then that's the players fault for trying such a pathetic tactic.

Very unlikely they will show the replay of a Geelong player - especially Joel Selwood - striking someone.

I hate him. And I didn't even see the incident at the game.

He sucks the umps in every ****ing time. Charges in with his head down, doesn't even put his arms out, just goes in with the head, waits for contact, waits for the whistle.

Beyond a joke.

Totally agree nothing but a gutless cheating lowlife, he gets the most free kicks paid to him over any other player in the last few years and still the AFL and the umpires havent woken up to his crap.

Mick Malthouse has one simple word to describe for Duckwood, Chapman and Johnson.

Its Robert Walls, he is anti hawks... Every game he comentates us he is either bagging out Buddy or saying how brilliant the opposition is. Hardly ever promotes the hawks.

Darcy kept harping on how "TECHNICALY" the free was there in the 1st quarter but when the hands were visibly in buddys back at the last moment of the game he has no problems with the lack of technicality then...

Only good commentators in my oppinion are leigh matthews, commeti and Alistair Lynch

Buddy should have got a hands in the back free late in the game against Lonergan. Then Lloyd and that other fool on the Fifth Quarter said they're happy that it wasn't paid because it's not in the spirit of the game to give the free kick or something pathetic like that. What Garbage.

said it was in the law but not the spirit
....moron

Buddy should have got a hands in the back free late in the game against Lonergan. Then Lloyd and that other fool on the Fifth Quarter said they're happy that it wasn't paid because it's not in the spirit of the game to give the free kick or something pathetic like that. What Garbage.

How quick HMAS Lloyd is to forget what he is famous for... Staging for free kicks!

If a hand was placed on the back, it was a free kick. Shite rule, but a rule none the less. No spirit, just fact. Like belting a bloke 30 metres off the ball, Free kick. Over to you MRP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd and Christian both agreed that "by the letter of the law" it should have been paid, but were glad it wasn't because that "wouldn't have been with the spirit of the game"....WTF????:confused:

Wow just wow. Not in the spirit of the game to pay a free kcik in the dying stages of a match. May as well king hit someone as it wouldn't be in the spirit of the game to penalise them at such a crucial time.

Ironic coming from Lloyd though

robert walls should be put out to pasture...he is so negative.

How Luke darcy ever got a guernsey in the first place is beyond me...Only said one positive thing about the hawks all night.

I couldnt be at the ground as I am away for the weeekend...was total torture
LUke darcy needs to be shown the words impartial and unprofessional in the dictionary.

Will be out of a job next year.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

AFL website.

Look at the highlights.

They only mention 1 free kick (or non free kick) in the whole stretch.

That's right you guessed it - it's one that we got.

Nothing about the 12-1 in the first quarter or anything...

Interesting, there is a thread on the Geelong board about how shitty channel 10 coverage is and how anti-Geelong the commentary team are. Weird how that goes, perception and all that. But yeah I think it's unanimous that the commentary, in general, is poor. They should just have two or three callers and do away with 'special comments' because most of them are either just plain obvious, or just plain dimwitted.

Lloyd and Christian both agreed that "by the letter of the law" it should have been paid, but were glad it wasn't because that "wouldn't have been with the spirit of the game"....WTF????:confused:

makes perfect sense. the spirit of the game is to screw hawthorn... :):thumbsu:

Interesting, there is a thread on the Geelong board about how shitty channel 10 coverage is and how anti-Geelong the commentary team are. Weird how that goes, perception and all that. But yeah I think it's unanimous that the commentary, in general, is poor. They should just have two or three callers and do away with 'special comments' because most of them are either just plain obvious, or just plain dimwitted.

Unfortunately, broadcast 'journalism', and I use that word lightly, is a joke when it comes to AFL. It's pretty much a de-facto superannuation scheme for ex-players and the like. Same goes for radio.

The Geelong board thread states that by the commentary team tipping the Hawks that they are biased..... I stopped reading after that. For the record quarters picked Geelong by 6 points so they didn't all pick the hawks.

Walls is very anti hawthorn and Darcy is just a joke.

Just thought I'd point out that Quartermain obviously loves the Hawks and the boundary rider Howie is the biggest Hawks fanatic going around

Darcy - nuff nuff commentator. Has no opinion of his own, even worse interviewer. Just agrees with whatever 'x' says, then completely contradicts it the next week.

Walls- He's Robert Walls. Enough said.

Its Robert Walls, he is anti hawks... Every game he comentates us he is either bagging out Buddy or saying how brilliant the opposition is. Hardly ever promotes the hawks.

Darcy kept harping on how "TECHNICALY" the free was there in the 1st quarter but when the hands were visibly in buddys back at the last moment of the game he has no problems with the lack of technicality then...

Only good commentators in my oppinion are leigh matthews, commeti and Alistair Lynch

and i love it how no one has a problem with a technicality when an arm brushes over chapmans shoulders and head (in the middle of a 10-bloke scrum, mind you).
in that instance, it's "well, yes, to the letter of the law, he did get him high". but when buddy gets a hand in the back, it becomes "ohh, there was nothing in it. commonsense prevailed."
i'm not saying that hawthorn didn't have their opportunities, but why should the fact that we stuffed up a few chances be grounds for accepting mediocre umpiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back