Autopsy Round 15, 2023 : Hawks get burned by Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Had 2 contests for the game and lost 0.

His issue was making the contest, or getting to it. Which wasn't really and issue considering it was mainly outside 50 where he would position himself in a dangerous spot and let his man take easy marks up field. He did well considering the lack of pressure going inside 50, Frost was 50 fold worse and that's an understatement. Scrimshaw did well enough.
Lol. Lost zero? Perhaps rewatch.

Stats say zero.

The way I saw it was, when speaking relatively on the whole average. Was that his defending in his area, his intensity inside 50 was good.

He let himself down with half chases, someone mentioned it, Seamus busted a gut whilst Scrimshaw wasn’t, and he almost got the man he was half chasing because he put the foot down for the last 5-10 metres. And you ask yourself, why not the first 10..

But as mentioned. The issue was making the contest, or getting to it. Which wasn't really a massive issue considering it was mainly outside 50 where he would position himself in a dangerous spot and let his man take easy marks up field, although extremely frustrating.

Stats are absolute nonsense champion data has made a huge living on nonsense stats. I don’t even need to rewatch to recall a marking contest with a high ball where scrimshaw tried to body rather than spoil and the suns player marked it. That’s a loss right there. That said scrimshaw was far from our worst but he needs to understand kicking is his 1 wood and he must hit targets he still turns it over a little much for me.

Stats are absolute nonsense champion data has made a huge living on nonsense stats. I don’t even need to rewatch to recall a marking contest with a high ball where scrimshaw tried to body rather than spoil and the suns player marked it. That’s a loss right there. That said scrimshaw was far from our worst but he needs to understand kicking is his 1 wood and he must hit targets he still turns it over a little much for me.
Bingo

That particular one was embarrassing

Really good point, I think. Lewis and Sis can take contested marks but really we can’t rely on anyone else to do so, not consistently anyway. Our rucks took one mark between them this week. I hope we draft for some arial capability this year.

Would prefer some Helvetica myself, but even a serifed ruck would be good.

s**t me up the wall. That was the contest against King IIRC.

Just let the bloke who is 6'8 and doesn't jump like a white bloke have a free run at it. Even if he contested...he still would have probably lost out but at least don't die wondering.

Same issue with the goal we gave up in the last. Seamus Mitchell busting his gut running to the goal square trying to cover two opposition while Scrimshaw nonchalantly trails his direct opponent 10 metres behind him going on a Sunday afternoon jog. Only as he realises his opponent is going to get to the crumb he sprints to contest...Just get there in the first place FFS.

He has all the tools. I just wish he'd start using them.

Was always going to be hard for a handball happy team to succeed up north in the late afternoon slot, let's hope for a good response

A handball happy team I feel will be aways under pressure unless they are so highly skilled with the game plan like the dogs are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back