The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 'bang for buck': Budget is big on political correctness, weak on job creation
The immediate asset write-off and loss carry-back for businesses is expected to create about 50,000 jobs.
Is that a lot?
Well, remembering we have a labour force of 13.5 million, it doesn’t seem much.
And dividing the 50,000 into the budgetary cost of $31.6 billion gives a cost of $632,000 per job.

Next, the budget documents imply that the personal tax cuts worth $17.8 billion will create a further 50,000 jobs.
That works out at $356,000 per job – still terrible bang per buck.

Finally, the budget documents tell us the $4 billion cost of the JobMaker hiring credit will yield "around 450,000 positions for young Australians".
That’s a much better – but still high - $8900 per "position" – which I take to mean that a lot of the jobs won’t be lasting or full time.

So, what measures would have yielded better job-creation value?
The ones rejected as politically incorrect: big spending on social housing, a permanent increase in the JobSeeker unemployment benefit – or even just employing more childcare workers.

the treasurer, who belongs to a party that wants to keep centrelink payments to $40 a day, accuses a state government of "callous indifference"
They know that the only way a political party who doesn't give a * about the greater good can ever retain power is to take a cue from the parties that do give a *, and constantly say things that suggest they've got a conscience and a heart and morals.

They don't have a conscience, heart or morals, but with Murdoch's relentless battering of the ABC, it works a treat because we don't have anyone to call them on it any more.

the treasurer, who belongs to a party that wants to keep centrelink payments to $40 a day, accuses a state government of "callous indifference"
He also said Andrews should follow NSW's gold standard response to Covid, presumably that means he should find a corrupt MP and f*** them.

I see the LNP are out in force this morning bashing Andrews again - go team Australia :rolleyes:

ScottyFromMarketing and Dutton would not have liked Andrew's comments about the Kiwi's yesterday. How dare anyone expect them to be in any way competent.

Dutton, another great example of "callous indifference".

Dutton, another great example of "callous indifference".

I cannot believe Fydenberg used that phrase.

The federal government have done nothing in this 2nd wave except snipe from the sidelines. They have not done a thing.

The only thing they were meant to have done is the COVID safe app which was supposed to do all the contact tracing and it is the biggest white elephant of all time. It is responsible for more deaths than "pink batts" yet there is not a single word about it.

The federal government have done nothing in this 2nd wave except snipe from the sidelines. They have not done a thing.

The only thing they were meant to have done is the COVID safe app which was supposed to do all the contact tracing and it is the biggest white elephant of all time. It is responsible for more deaths than "pink batts" yet there is not a single word about it.

at least ScoMo lived up to one of his promises, when he said we are on our own he did mean it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You give him too much credit. I think Potato is actually filled with glee when he acts to imprison people or cut benefits.

except au pairs, they are the true heroes

Cancelling National Cabinet so he can attend a Qld LNP fundraiser gives you a pretty good idea of where we stand in Morrison's eyes.

AFP are investigating the Badgerys Creek Airport dodgy deal........

Looks like a coverup you say!!

A senior federal government bureaucrat has conceded public servants might have tried to cover up actions that led to taxpayers spending $30 million for land worth a fraction of that price at Western Sydney Airport.

The Leppington Triangle was sold to the Commonwealth in 2018 for about $30 million, written down to about $3 million 11 months later, and leased back to the seller based on a value of $920,000.

The Auditor-General has blasted the "ethical standards" of the federal government for overpaying $26.7 million to a billionaire property owner for land slated for the long-term development of a second airport in Sydney's west.

A scathing new report by the Australian National Audit Office revealed that the Department of Infrastructure wrote off 90 per cent of the $29.8 million purchase price less than a year later and it did not exercise appropriate due diligence in its acquisition of the Leppington Triangle land.

And now we find out that we the taxpayer have stumped up $10 million to build and underpass to connect land.

In addition to overpaying $27 million for a parcel of land needed for the western Sydney airport, taxpayers have been billed up to $10 million for an underpass connecting two properties controlled by the billionaire seller.

Thank * the AFP are onto it.

I mean , the way they handled that incredibly intricate investigation into just WHO in angus taylors office doctored some numbers all because he felt self conscious about the size of his dick after Clover Moore dacked him in the quadrangle................

Decent sentence that lol ^

Of cource they ******* wont but in a literal sense, who does it fall on

If they cannot pin it on a state premier - probably Dan - I assume Scotty will simply dismiss it as someone "having a bad day".

I believe the AFP have been sent to interview the cattle who were agisting on the farm. If they cannot get answers from them the investigation will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back