Politics The LNP Welfare Card: Corruption disguised as philanthropy!

Remove this Banner Ad

We are talking about the Indue card, not drug testing

What are you 5? lol. I've repeatedly stated that the card might not work but support the sentiment to stop welfare funds being spent on what they should not be - so no sweeping it under the carpet nor do I naively have my head stuck in the sand.

You're contradicting yourself, you've been going on about the discrimination because drug testing etc. etc. because card. yet now back pedal and say it's not about drug testing. :drunk:

The card is not "indue" until it has been passed after the trial period.

The mechanism of the card has zero to do with corporates by the way.

What are you 5? lol. I've repeatedly stated that the card might not work but support the sentiment to stop welfare funds being spent on what they should not be - so no sweeping it under the carpet nor do I naively have my head stuck in the sand.
Well that's good to hear then
You're contradicting yourself, you've been going on about the discrimination because drug testing etc. etc. because card. yet now back pedal and say it's not about drug testing. :drunk:
I'm talking about the card and the restrictions placed on it and every Australian getting some form of welfare, not people who ARE NOT on welfare

And not drug testing... :$

Read again before your next silly rant...
Groundhog Day eh
The card is not "indue" until it has been passed after the trial period.

The mechanism of the card has zero to do with corporates by the way.
:drunk:

I'm putting this down as head in the sand for now

Well that's good to hear then

Groundhog Day eh

:drunk:

I'm putting this down as head in the sand for now

Knock yourself out, believe your head in sand theory even when the evidence is there that I don't. Continue to cling on to your beliefs so it shows how naive and deliberately ignorant you are.

No skin off my nose.

I am not ashamed to admit that I spent years on government benefits. It was a great way to supplement my cash-in-hand income, increase my travel allowance and finance my drug habit even with the pointless job search training I was forced to attend more than once. I used government money to buy drugs to consume but I also used government money to buy drugs to sell for profit. Whilst providing a vital community service in supplying people with quality narcotics, and avoiding full-time paid employment to pursue creative passions, I also built capital that I used to establish my own business which I am proud to say has now been trading for close to ten years.

Everyone deserves the same opportunities I had and it is un-Australian to think otherwise.

Interesting headline in the Age this week...

"Unemployment at 12 month high as government tries to blame the lack of jobs on people who don't have jobs"

In ANY case I don't want welfare recipients using money that comes out of my pocket used for indulgent / luxury expense. Welfare recipients SHOULD be using funds that initially come from the taxpayer for survival items like food and energy expenses.

Posts like this make me so sad.

Your middle-class, media-manufactured outrage is so misdirected, your vitriol is aimed in completely the wrong direction. You are like a middle-manager bullying the workers below you while your boss shits on your face. Like a bully picking on the weakest kid in class while they themselves are pushed around by the bigger kids. It's just so ******* misguided.

The poor, desperate, needy people in this country forced to eek out an existence on Newstart are not the ones you should be angry with. They are not living any grand life of luxury. They are not sitting back swimming in cash with their feet on a table smoking a cigar. The images the Murdoch-press feeds you are a lie. Please visit your local jobactive agency and you will see this for yourself. Mostly the unemployed in this country are stressed, anxious and depressed. They live in constant fear of having their payments stopped over some electronic 'mistake' or because the person at the agency didn't like them. They struggle to have enough food to eat, to have clothes to wear and a roof over their head. Their self-esteem and sense of confidence is eradicated by the system and they end up down-trodden, defeated and cynical, unable to see a way out. Many of them are suicidal. Many have already taken their own lives.

The percentage of Australia's GDP that it costs to make sure these people have a roof over their head, that they are given dignity and allowed to participate in society, is infinitesimal. It also pales in comparison to the social cost of not doing so - it is unequivocally documented that cutting welfare only ends up increasing crime, increasing the need for emergency housing, increasing domestic violence and policing needs, increasing food bank demands and all other forms of social care that all cost more money than just paying the dole in the first place.

Cashless welfare cards and drug testing do nothing but add further humiliation and degradation to people who are already struggling. They do not help people build the confidence to find work. They do not help with issues of addiction. They certainly do not help the children. In fact, they exacerbate many of the issues stemming from poverty - domestic violence goes up, petty crimes go up, all the negative social markers go up. Who do you think suffers if a parent's welfare gets cut because they failed a drug test? I'll tell you: the children. Anytime welfare is cut, or restricted, or withheld, or denied, it's the children who suffer most. I see this with my own eyes every single day. If you really want to help the poorest children in this country, take all the money the government currently funnels into for-profit job agencies and their liberal donor mates, and invest it into welfare, into addiction services, into social housing and community care.

The poor are not your enemy. If you are angry, look elsewhere, because there are many who are so much more deserving of your ire than those who have lost their job, who are struggling and suffering and in need of a few hundred dollars a week assistance. There are people in this country who steal millions with one hand while pointing the finger with the other. There are people sitting in mansions who pay no income tax. There are people who fund 'dole bludger' narratives in the media while simultaneously robbing the Australian tax payer blind. You would be so much better off directing the energy of your anger towards them.

Posts like this make me so sad.

Your middle-class, media-manufactured outrage is so misdirected, your vitriol is aimed in completely the wrong direction. You are like a middle-manager bullying the workers below you while your boss s**ts on your face. Like a bully picking on the weakest kid in class while they themselves are pushed around by the bigger kids. It's just so ******* misguided.

The poor, desperate, needy people in this country forced to eek out an existence on Newstart are not the ones you should be angry with. They are not living any grand life of luxury. They are not sitting back swimming in cash with their feet on a table smoking a cigar. The images the Murdoch-press feeds you are a lie. Please visit your local jobactive agency and you will see this for yourself. Mostly the unemployed in this country are stressed, anxious and depressed. They live in constant fear of having their payments stopped over some electronic 'mistake' or because the person at the agency didn't like them. They struggle to have enough food to eat, to have clothes to wear and a roof over their head. Their self-esteem and sense of confidence is eradicated by the system and they end up down-trodden, defeated and cynical, unable to see a way out. Many of them are suicidal. Many have already taken their own lives.

The percentage of Australia's GDP that it costs to make sure these people have a roof over their head, that they are given dignity and allowed to participate in society, is infinitesimal. It also pales in comparison to the social cost of not doing so - it is unequivocally documented that cutting welfare only ends up increasing crime, increasing the need for emergency housing, increasing domestic violence and policing needs, increasing food bank demands and all other forms of social care that all cost more money than just paying the dole in the first place.

Cashless welfare cards and drug testing do nothing but add further humiliation and degradation to people who are already struggling. They do not help people build the confidence to find work. They do not help with issues of addiction. They certainly do not help the children. In fact, they exacerbate many of the issues stemming from poverty - domestic violence goes up, petty crimes go up, all the negative social markers go up. Who do you think suffers if a parent's welfare gets cut because they failed a drug test? I'll tell you: the children. Anytime welfare is cut, or restricted, or withheld, or denied, it's the children who suffer most. I see this with my own eyes every single day. If you really want to help the poorest children in this country, take all the money the government currently funnels into for-profit job agencies and their liberal donor mates, and invest it into welfare, into addiction services, into social housing and community care.

The poor are not your enemy. If you are angry, look elsewhere, because there are many who are so much more deserving of your ire than those who have lost their job, who are struggling and suffering and in need of a few hundred dollars a week assistance. There are people in this country who steal millions with one hand while pointing the finger with the other. There are people sitting in mansions who pay no income tax. There are people who fund 'dole bludger' narratives in the media while simultaneously robbing the Australian tax payer blind. You would be so much better off directing the energy of your anger towards them.

aaaaaaand there's another 1,000 words of hand-wringing, hard left wing crap.

The children suffer because their parents fail a drug test?

The kids were already suffering because their parents chose to buy drugs instead of looking after their kids.

Please spare me this bullshit.

Are these the children we see out my way that are regularly sent to school with no lunches?

Are these the children we see out my way that are regularly sent to school with no lunches?

Don't know about over there, but we also have had to set up a breakfast club for these poor kids before school.
We also chip in and buy their uniforms.
These are primary age kids ffs.

But every Friday night at the pub you'll see the scum parents off their face sinking piss.
The kids are lucky to get a bag of chips.

Oh, but the poor!

Don't know about over there, but we also have had to set up a breakfast club for these poor kids before school.
We also chip in and buy their uniforms.
These are primary age kids ffs.

But every Friday night at the pub you'll see the scum parents off their face sinking piss.
The kids are lucky to get a bag of chips.

Oh, but the poor!
Yep, we also have the breakfast club thing with free food at the school.

Look I'm not even sure the card thing would work the government being so useless at implementing that type of thing, but at least in areas where this stuff is a common occurrence surely something like this is worth looking at as a last ditch measure.

Last edited:
Why not put the time and resources into helping the people that need the help rather than seeking to penalise all people on welfare?

Because we are already helping them and some are abusing that priviledge.
I am yet to see a credible source that verifiably states that ALL welfare recipients will go on a card or get drug tested.

If you've got one, show me.
Because " Superiority boner " :tm:

That's bullshit, and you know it mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not put the time and resources into helping the people that need the help rather than seeking to penalise all people on welfare?
I don't like it as a measure right across the board, but in areas where this is a real problem with people on it long term not using it properly for their families it could help. How they target this effectively, I'm not sure.
Because " Superiority boner " :tm:
What's there to feel superior about being concerned about kids in your neighbourhood regularly not getting fed? What other options can be used to combat this problem?

Change my mind

I will say not everyone thinks that way.......just as not everyone on the dole is a druggie

Very much the same as what Kram said above.

Where we live it is in our face daily.

I really couldn't give a s**t about the parents, but I genuinely care about those kids.

Unless we step in and do something, and I am yet to see a better idea, then all we are doing is perpetuating the problem through the generations.

This cycle must be stopped, somehow.

It's working with the blackfellas.

What's there to feel superior about being concerned about kids in your neighbourhood regularly not getting fed?

Most people are too busy trying to keep their 1.5million dollar home roofs over their heads to think about some random campaigners kids down the park.

This is just the govt giving the public someone other to hate on so they don't go them.

aaaaaaand there's another 1,000 words of hand-wringing, hard left wing crap.

The children suffer because their parents fail a drug test?

The kids were already suffering because their parents chose to buy drugs instead of looking after their kids.

Please spare me this bulls**t.
You use this weak excuse for too many posts.

You can't just cry illiteracy/ignorance.

Try engaging for once.

Also... if you had a job, you might find you have less time to be outraged online...

You use this weak excuse for too many posts.

You can't just cry illiteracy/ignorance.

Try engaging for once.

Also... if you had a job, you might find you have less time to be outraged online...

You condone the use of welfare money for drug use over and above the well-being of the children within that home?
Colour me surprised.

Your ongoing snip about me needing to get a job is quite hilarious from a pissant such as yourself.
Go cry to the mods again and give us all something else to laugh at you about.

You condone the use of welfare money for drug use over and above the well-being of the children within that home?
Colour me surprised.

Your ongoing snip about me needing to get a job is quite hilarious from a pissant such as yourself.
Go cry to the mods again and give us all something else to laugh at you about.
Where did I do that? You lying piece of unemployable trash...

I 'cried to the mods' about outright racism...
What a shock that you supported the racism, and got upset at me for asking for moderation on the racism.

Tell me more about how you care about Aboriginals... when it's convenient...

You can call bulls**t all you like pal.
But it's a fact and we are far from alone.

Would you like some more?
Nowhere in your links does it say the foodbanks exist because parents are taking drugs. The facts are people on welfare are less likely to take drugs than the rest of the community. Your shitty viewpoint is evidence a stigma and prejudice exists towards the unemployed.

Nowhere in your links does it say the foodbanks exist because parents are taking drugs. The facts are people on welfare are less likely to take drugs than the rest of the community. Your s**tty viewpoint is evidence a stigma and prejudice exists towards the unemployed.

LOL.
So the kids need breakfast everyday, lunch everyday and uniforms supplied for them because their parents are such upright and outstanding members of the community?

Come out here for a while son and get a smell of the reality.

While your at it, go and tell everyone how PROUD you are that you rorted the system whilst you were a drug dealer.

You'll win every popularity contest in town.

Scum.
Where did I do that? You lying piece of unemployable trash...

I 'cried to the mods' about outright racism...
What a shock that you supported the racism, and got upset at me for asking for moderation on the racism.

Tell me more about how you care about Aboriginals... when it's convenient...

aaand, Boo Boo's dumbest lap dog, that thread stands untouched, despite your endless squealing.

I employ, work with, play golf and am close mates with more blackfellas than you'll ever meet in a life time.

They would fair dinkum laugh at a crying sook like you.

Go away and see if Boo Boo needs his lap warmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back