The Official 1st Round Playoffs: Indiana vs Orlando

Remove this Banner Ad

569350985.gif

Who is it boogieing? I don't know the Magic scrubs well enough..

Haha as soon as I saw Duhon do that I knew there be a .gif. Love it.

@sportsguy33
Orlando-Indy - a classic "1 team has big game experience and the other team doesn't" playoff game. Why that series is a gambling stayaway.

Granger usually comes up big in 4th quarters. Expect him to have a big game 2.

I dont believe that so much. Hermione has hit some big shots but I don't think he usually comes up big as I don't think his FG% in that situation would be that great mostly because in that situation and don't think he gets great looks for himself. And in general he's very hot and cold. He's likely to win a game for Indy but it'll be him being big for an extended time. He's also going to struggle a bit more finding that good look against Orlando with him not often to playing against a SF that is genuinely taller than himself.

I was far more worried about the PG situation coming into the series with the quickness of Hill and Collison vs Jameer and Duhon and the C situation (self-explanitory) but that didn't eventuate as killer today.

I dont believe that so much. Hermione has hit some big shots but I don't think he usually comes up big as I don't think his FG% in that situation would be that great mostly because in that situation and don't think he gets great looks for himself. And in general he's very hot and cold. He's likely to win a game for Indy but it'll be him being big for an extended time. He's also going to struggle a bit more finding that good look against Orlando with him not often to playing against a SF that is genuinely taller than himself.

I was far more worried about the PG situation coming into the series with the quickness of Hill and Collison vs Jameer and Duhon and the C situation (self-explanitory) but that didn't eventuate as killer today.

I don't have any stats on hand to back it up but I watch a lot of the pacers and he bails us out a lot in 4th quarters with big shots down the stretch. I don't mean in the last 30 second type shots because he does struggle off the dribble to create open looks but moreso in the flow of the offense when his teammates are more likely to hesitate before pulling the trigger.

Also seems to lift when he's up against the best SFs strangely.

PG is our weakest position so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Danny Granger travel-choke looked soooooooooo bad it was anti-clutch.

Still expect Indy to move on but Stan Van is a remarkable coach, give him, J-Rich and the Magic a ton of credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back