Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 8 Thread: Where the Suns finally break their FT hoodoo?

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think Luka gets reffed differently to Giannis?
I think Luka complains far too much (And throws his head back every 2 seconds) but no not differently. Giannis gets away with a lot and gets plenty of calls.

Mavs as a team yesterday though were getting away with a lot of illegal screens and off-ball scragging, along with some very favourable calls late-game which led to their missed FT's, ironically.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think Luka complains far too much (And throws his head back every 2 seconds) but no not differently. Giannis gets away with a lot and gets plenty of calls.

Mavs as a team yesterday though were getting away with a lot of illegal screens and off-ball scragging, along with some very favourable calls late-game which led to their missed FT's, ironically.

I honestly believe Luka has cut down on that a lot this year (playing for Frees and or complaining to the refs)

He was a lot worse last season and before imo.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Klay consistently getting through 35 minutes a night unscathed is the most pleasing part. Starting to find his stroke once more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
GG Dubs.

Not losing any sleep losing our 5th game on a fairly bruising road trip so far without Horford.

Good to see Klay (begrudgingly) back to his best, that flog Bill Simmons has been saying for weeks he is washed on his podcast, I bet Klay listened to it and took it personally against us

Still backing the Warriors to get their s**t together and make at least the Conferences Finals again in a fairly mediocre West.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The Celtics have not lost once to a Western Conference team this season.

Make of that what you will.
1D3DAE8C-3292-444A-B93D-51755C112BFF.gif

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Still backing the Warriors to get their s**t together and make at least the Conferences Finals again in a fairly mediocre West.

Wouldn't say the West was completely mediocre, just that there's a degree of parity - 11 teams .500 or better, and that many of the teams have had interrupted seasons.

Phoenix, Golden State and Dallas might be slightly weaker than last season - for now - but Denver, Memphis, New Orleans, Portland and the Clippers should all (eventually) be better with good health. It's definitely wide open, but it's not a weak conference.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Disappointing day in Oakland after getting smoked last year. If there’s one we had to take on the west swing it was today after a 2 day break. Dubs in control from go to whoa.
Beginning of the end? The weight of early crows here would have killed many a single game bet by now. Wonder how many you need to take down a whole season

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Mathurin is my ROTY (sorry Paolo)

I think coming off the bench will sadly ultimately cost him, but I think he has been more impressive on a playoff contending team than Banchero.

Pretty good draft class though, like Jaden Ivey and Keegan Murray is getting better and better.

I can't say I've watched Benny since he left Arizona but has he really been better than Paolo? Paolo averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Benny. Even per 100 possessions, this remains the case, except steals even out.

Most advanced stats favour Paolo too.

The only traditional stat I can see that goes to Mathurin is 3Pt% and the fact that he's played 6 more games.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Beginning of the end? The weight of early crows here would have killed many a single game bet by now. Wonder how many you need to take down a whole season

Getting ahead of ourselves would be more my assessment & some old scars surfaced just as they did against Miami last week. Tatum old hero ball habits for one, needs to understand he can find other ways to help us win on s**t shooting nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back