The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people in here need to get a grip. Is it disappointing that we were 2-1 up and now 3-2 down? Of course it is but GSW are one of the best franchises of the past decade, if not the best. I hope we can take it to 7 but from where we were in the regular season I'm proud of the boys for even getting to game 6 in the Finals. Of course at 2-1 up we were dreaming for a win but credit where it's due, the Warriors turned it around. That's what champions do. If we win from here, awesome effort.
I'm only pissed because we have the same things happen over and over again for us to lose games. It's like we haven't learnt yes take nothing away from what we have achieved within a season probably hasn't been done before but this is "an in the moment rant" if you will. As well as I believe this our best window to win a chip not sure how we will be over the next 5 years tbh, yes we will be competing but will we be contending?

I'm only pissed because we have the same things happen over and over again for us to lose games. It's like we haven't learnt yes take nothing away from what we have achieved within a season probably hasn't been done before but this is "an in the moment rant" if you will. As well as I believe this our best window to win a chip not sure how we will be over the next 5 years tbh, yes we will be competing but will we be contending?
I really don't see why not. Yeah, Big Al probably retires but otherwise we should keep most of the guys we have, and if we get a good bench small forward we should be stronger almost.

I really don't see why not. Yeah, Big Al probably retires but otherwise we should keep most of the guys we have, and if we get a good bench small forward we should be stronger almost.
If we can get a decent back up player maker to come off the bench and another PF stretch 4 like 3 and D then we will be set.

If we can get a decent back up player maker to come off the bench and another PF stretch 4 like 3 and D then we will be set.
Like we already have that. Theis is a good bench 4 or 5, it's just that we have 3 bigs better than him right now. I'd rather invest in a good bench 3 and have a 9 of:

Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams x2
Pritchard/White/bench 3/Theis

Gives us better offensive coverage. We really only 5 guys able to play the 1-3 roles.

Like we already have that. Theis is a good bench 4 or 5, it's just that we have 3 bigs better than him right now. I'd rather invest in a good bench 3 and have a 9 of:

Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams x2
Pritchard/White/bench 3/Theis

Gives us better offensive coverage. We really only 5 guys able to play the 1-3 roles.

Why are you starting that hack Grant Williams?

Why are you starting that hack Grant Williams?
I'd start Theis instead but Ime prefers Grant. And I would hardly say he's a hack, he's a solid 4 without being a star.

Where it matters is the NBA finals.

Limited player with limited upside.

Through 5 games totals of:

21 points
13 rebounds
5 assists
3 blocks
1 steal

4ppg
2.6rpg
1 apg
.6 bpg
.2 spg
Fooled us the whole season.

White as well was shocking yesterday.

Our bench scored * all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Smart
Trade Thies
Trade Pritchard

Bring in Malcolm Brogdon
Bring in Nick Claxton
Find Tatum's Mamba Mentality
Pass
Yes, only if Al doesn't retire. If not no.
Pass

Add another SF to our 9 so we can give JT/JB genuine rests

Still hurting from the loss but have to take our hats off to the team for one of the most unbelievable turnarounds in a season from being 18-21 to 2 wins from the chip surely hasn't been done before.

Top priority in the off season should be to get a vet PG that can come off the bench that can handle and take care of the ball and to play less iso ball, when we were playing spurs like basketball moving it around we were unstoppable, would love to know why we went with more iso in the playoffs...

Ime and Brad both did great jobs this season. When your GM and head coach are on the same page it helps a ton.

JT needs to have an impressive offseason to bounce back from that shocking finals series, has to start growing up can't keep using the excuse he is young been using that for the last 5 years how many more times does he need to hear that excuse? Needs to become what we are paying him for to be a superstar.

He's been playing well up until the finals where it matters.

He’s def expendable. Doesn’t score enough & is redundant against small ball teams like dubs.

I like talk of us going after Huerter, Connaughton as bench scoring options with a our TPE’s of which I’d have no problem offering up G Williams as part of any of those packages.

He’s def expendable. Doesn’t score enough & is redundant against small ball teams like dubs.

I like talk of us going after Huerter, Connaughton as bench scoring options with a our TPE’s of which I’d have no problem offering up G Williams as part of any of those packages.
Same if we were to get those two giving up Williams have no complaints about that only problem is, he is close with JT so I would assume JT would put up a fight to keep him...

Otherwise we should go after Brogdan imo quality PG that can shoot and distribute the ball and is one of the rare players that can go 50,40 and 90.

Same if we were to get those two giving up Williams have no complaints about that only problem is, he is close with JT so I would assume JT would put up a fight to keep him...

Otherwise we should go after Brogdan imo quality PG that can shoot and distribute the ball and is one of the rare players that can go 50,40 and 90.

I’m a fan of Brogdon, plays two ways & is a good distributor, only prob is he’s made of glass, so he’s a reasonably big risk.

I can't see us using the TPEs to be honest. Would ownership and Stevens want to bring in blokes who most likely won't get much of a run in Ime's line up?

I for one would love Bertans but at what cost? We have no real draft assets to trade. Can't see G.Williams getting much interest either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back