The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a comeback from the C's. From 19 down to 8 up.
22 down at one point.

Feel that Munroe's 5 minutes in the second was what sparked it. He was great at both ends.

22 down at one point.

Feel that Munroe's 5 minutes in the second was what sparked it. He was great at both ends.
Tatum is having some kind of game. Need to shut down Reddick and Bellinelli liek the first game. Simmons has gone to water this series.

Tatum is having some kind of game. Need to shut down Reddick and Bellinelli liek the first game. Simmons has gone to water this series.
To think the kid is 20. He will be as good as Pierce.

Tatum>Simmons. There, I said it. Look at this series so far where the majority of people tipped Philly to win in 4 or 5 games, Tatum has stepped up and been our second best player (behind Big Al) and Simmons has struggled to get involved at the offensive end.

Something I love about our drafting/trading is that we get players who are good at the line. At the end they were asking who would they want to foul, and they said "most of them are really good, except maybe Smart". Smart took the inbound and took away their best chance at winning it.

Tatum is the only other Celtic rookie to score 20+ points in 4 consecutive playoff games to Larry Bird.

Without being bias I think Donovan Mitchell deserves to be the Rookie of the Year with Tatum a close second.

Brad Stevens for coach of the year though; what he's done with this team and how he's managed to get Tatum, Brown and Rozier to step up amongst our injuries... there are no words. The Pop comparisons aren't out of place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how good is Brad Stevens. What does everyone think of Stephen A Smith’s idea of trading Kyrie for Kawhi? Starting five of Rozier, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Al and we still have our first rounders that we could use in 2019 to get someone like AD? And what about trading Rozier and a pick for Kawhi? My only problem with that is we’d have too many wings/small forwards...

F@&k I love this team. Great way to start Sunday before seeing my team cop a 100 point pineapple in a couple hours time.

No. Keep Irving.
It does make some sense though; Irving is going to earn $20m next season and then will want a max contract, Rozier could be signed for a lot less. I can see that 5 before taking it right up to GSW/Houston/Philly; so versatile.

I don't really want to risk finding out why there's bad blood between Pop and Kawhi. Something's not right there. San Antonio have for years/decades been a place where talent prospers and role players reach their potential. Something stinks and if it's anything to do with Leonard's attitude, I don't want it in Boston.

Keep Kyrie. Do your best to keep Smart. Pray that Baynes is willing to take less to stay. If we stay healthy next season, we are a legit contender.

edit - regardless of his numbers (specifically scoring), Smart is a sparkplug that is absolutely required for big playoff games. What he does cannot be measured purely by the boxscore.
He frustrates the s**t out me..but godammn I love him on our team.
edit 2 - Smart gets elite defender calls from refs. You'll always struggle against teams like Golden State and Houston who get the superstar calls if you're not getting a few yourself.

I don't really want to risk finding out why there's bad blood between Pop and Kawhi. Something's not right there. San Antonio have for years/decades been a place where talent prospers and role players reach their potential. Something stinks and if it's anything to do with Leonard's attitude, I don't want it in Boston.

Keep Kyrie. Do your best to keep Smart. Pray that Baynes is willing to take less to stay. If we stay healthy next season, we are a legit contender.

edit - regardless of his numbers (specifically scoring), Smart is a sparkplug that is absolutely required for big playoff games. What he does cannot be measured purely by the boxscore.
He frustrates the s**t out me..but godammn I love him on our team.
Ever since Kawhi made his uncle his manager he’s acted out and not liking Pop is like not liking Bambi, everyone loves Pop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back