The Official Week 20 NBA "Is Lonzo Ball BACK or simply just arriving?" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinn Cook started and played 30
Javale started, played 20
Looney played 20
Swaggy P 24

Thats less than ideal, and none of those guys are, shall we say gifted defensively

KD had 40, Klay had 25...

They turned it over 10 times, shot 42% from 3, shot around 49% from the field, 20/24 from the line... that aint bad offensively

Of course they were smashed on the boards, particularly the O boards. Ed Davis had 15, 7 of which were offensive, and Nurk had 11, with 4 offensive

I don't need a pile of stats to tell me who is playing well and who isn't. I watched the game.

Portland Trail Blazers defeated Kevin Durant and several others. I realise they didn't have Curry, but geez they look ordinary. Thompson should be doing a lot more when Curry's not there, and some of their fringe players are bog ordinary.

They're also missing Igoudala and West, two of their better 'fringe' players.

2nd game of a B2B, on the road against a team that's won nine in a row. They'll be fine.

Just watched that Dear Basketball animated short from Kobe that won the Academy Award. Lol it ain't hard to win something these days. Seriously must have been a lot of Lakers fans on the voting panel. peternorth u on that panel?

The movie, animated short, could be a documentary on contemporary global matters. The academy knows quality. I applaud them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does Jimmy Buckets get back?

Everyone's talking about San Antonio's streak ending, but there's another streak in jeopardy of being revived; Minny's non playoff run had been declared dead and read the last rites. Now, however...

Next five games vs Dubs, @ Washington, @ Spurs, vs Rockets, vs Clips.

Add D Rose, and stir... hmmmm.

Helped him up as well. DangerSloane would have just left him

Houses on depopulated Mudiay Island are going from as little as $10 grand. Which is about what his next contract will amount to.

Portland Trail Blazers defeated Kevin Durant and several others. I realise they didn't have Curry, but geez they look ordinary. Thompson should be doing a lot more when Curry's not there, and some of their fringe players are bog ordinary.

I actually thought we played pretty well considering.

You obviously realize that Curry was out. And we had 4 players missing off the bench.

We had a G-League player starting and finishing the game.

We were on the back end of a back to back after a playoff type game against SA last night.

We were playing a team with a 8 game winning streak (and 13 of 14 - or something like that).

I wrote in the thread earlier that Blazers would win just due to that. It was free money.

And we still led late in the 3rd quarter. I thought, all in all, we played well. It was actually one of our better games until it sort of fell apart late in the game. Not shocking considering the back to back.

We all like to give Doc s**t, but gotta give him credit where it's due. He's got the Clips playing well since the trade.

Nah, * it.

giphy.gif

Doc sucks.

Mohamed Bamba is expected to be one of the top selections in the NBA with his combination of elite shotblocking and how he projects as a potential floor spacer.

Bamba has a 7'9 wingspan.

“I think he’s the best shot blocker I’ve ever seen," said one Big 12 assistant coach. "He’ll be able to protect the rim like very few have in the NBA. He can control a whole portion of the court. I think he has to get better footwork to guard ball screens. He’s very capable. His length, once he gets the footwork down, is going to allow him to be a real presence.”

“It’s just abnormal,” a scout said. “He can grab the rim without jumping. Stuff you can’t teach.”

I’m thinking La Bamba is his early nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

Back