Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Schache is in... can he be selected?

If so, I'd like him instead of Libba.
Yes, if Schache is in the 22 (not medi-sub) he becomes selectable. So I would accept that change.

It may be chaotic for a while with these late changes so I won't try and sort it all out until this evening.

I'll swap JJ out for Schache too, if Schache's in the 22. AFL web site still listing Schache as medi-sub but their story says there was a late change and JJ is the medi-sub.

Thanks Bevo. :confusedv1:

1630213033752.png

Wow, it's changing fast.
AFL web site still hasn't posted the medi-sub but if that's the case I'll allow your change Curly5

Everybody else who had JJ would get the sub (order of subs posted above) unless they post a late change here before the game starts.
That's why I asked, I had just heard :) Thanks DW

PIEMAN RESULTS Elimination Final vs Essendon

A great return to form and the dominance we were used to in the first half of the year. And with every win the Pieman competition stays alive. Only six goalkickers but 13 goals was a good return for a wet day at UTAS Stadium.

Substitutes

There were a record 21 carryover teams this week plus two more who declared they wanted the same team as last week. That plus the late changes on game day meant there were a lot of substitutes required. Fifteen of them in fact. Sadly for those in need of subs the players they got didn't kick any goals. Tim English should have goaled (he hit the post from 20m out, 45 degree angle) and Hunter didn't even have a shot. The subs allocated were:

Tim English: businessfish, Floridog (x2), Jeff 1975, lateniter (x2), RandomDog, SayerTheCreator, ScragCity, StringyDog and Vinegar Mess.
Lachie Hunter: Fossie 32, ossie_21, Struggle, VL3OJ

Pieman Player of the Week

Bevo's swifty of bringing in Schache just before the start paid dividends with 2 goals, making him PPotW. Hannan's two (both gimme receives inside the goal square) earned him 40 points. For all their heroics, Weightman's 4 and Naughton's 3 weren't enough to get them close due to their low handicaps.

The maximum score possible was 238 (3x Shaq and 2x Hannan).

1630310541870.png

Pieman Player of the Year

With the return to best form of our top forwards the PPotY there's still a small chance one of them - or Libba - could topple Josh Bruce, especially if we go deeper into the finals. Aaron Naughton might even challenge Josh Bruce for the leading goalkicker.

1630311077257.png

The KELVIN

Fresh from his win in the Pieman Cup Snarls Barkley (168) had a comfortable margin in taking out this week's Kelvin. Four of the top five place-getters cashed in by choosing Josh Schache just before the bounce. Second-placed Doggies_13 (121) was the only one to crack 100 points without Shaq. The surprise omission of JJ caught quite a few out and that was compounded when neither of the Pieman substitutes - English and Hunter - kicked a goal.

1630311518604.png

The PIEMAN

The competition leader Wocka was another who was alert to the late change - his switch to Schache rescued what would have been a lean day for him.
The big move this week was from Kelvin winner Snarls Barkley who leapt from 8th to 2nd place with his big score of 168. Although Wocka has a bigger lead now than last week, Snarls has shown it can still be wiped out with one good result. ossie_21 remains close up in third spot with Floridog slipping to fourth.

Spare a thought for Floridog - off camping in the Floridan wilderness and blissfully unaware that his strategic choice of 2x JJ had been scuttled, to be replaced by a goalless Tim English. (Actually it would have been past midnight in Florida when the late change was announced so even being at home might not have helped.)

In another thrilling piece of news RandomDog finally cracked the 1000 points ... and still has hopes of relegating ScragCity to the wooden spoon.

1630311823591.png

Floridog

All Australian
Mar 8, 2014
Southwest Florida
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Florida Everblades
Actually, I was off in the West Virginia wilderness. A tough week for me, but I just finished watching the game and I'm happy with the results. I've got a bit of ground to make up, but I'm confident I can do it over the next three games. ;)

Actually, I was off in the West Virginia wilderness. A tough week for me, but I just finished watching the game and I'm happy with the results. I've got a bit of ground to make up, but I'm confident I can do it over the next three games. ;)
That's a long way from home! Up in the Appalachians?

Pieman Substitutes Semi Final v Brisbane

If Pieman substitutes are needed this week they will be applied in the following order:

Weightman​
Naughton​
Hannan​
Schache​
B Smith​

Back