Toast The Richmond Dynasty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing to think the Tigers were the width of a norovirus capsid away from a 3-peat isn't it?!

Always makes me chuckle when fans blame having a s**t game on the shits. Think dusty's leg had more to do with losing that one than what was coming out of his a-hole, but I've never been great with anatomy.

Actually I see the Tiges win in '17 as equivalent to Hawks '08, and we had ca. 7 year window from that point before all our champs are mid-30s and shipped off north.

In that context we are way ahead of schedule given the Hawks couldn't even make finals in '09 and really disappeared till '12.

If by 'way ahead of schedule', you mean having half as many flags required to just draw even with Hawthorn's most recent dynasty, then yes, Tigers are way ahead of schedule. Way ahead of self would probably be more accurate though.

he isn't replaceable but he is in very good company, the bloke who took his spot literally went on to be AA!
and best 22 players don't get dropped, Stack was available to play today but he didn't get picked.

I was going for Richmond, but your narrative is wrong. Giants had a heap of quality players out, they could run with this narrative if they won but Richmond can't.
It was because of his injury. His first game back from injury was the VFL Grand Final the week before the AFL Grand Final and he needed attention from the medical staff then.

He’s best 22 in my opinion and I’d have named him in front of Baker if he was fully fit but he wasn’t.

There's no Richmond dynasty, yet. There could be though. Shrewd recruiting adding to a core of important players drafted before it was compromised by the expansion teams is a time proven method to stay ahead of the pack. Hawthorn succeeded in that aspect against a number of clubs who tried to do the same thing.

I think Richmond and potentially West Coast are the last two teams with that quality to their list.

But; when we're talking loss of players through premiership years, let's take Hawks in 2014.

2013 off season, Lance Franklin went to the team that defeated us in a grand final in 2012, then injuries:

Brian Lake suspended for the first 4 games
Liam Shiels injures his AC joint in round 4
Brian Lake injures his calf in round 7
Sam Mitchell tears his hamstring in round 7
Cyril Rioli tears his hamstring in round 8
Josh Gibson tears his pectoral in round 8
Alistair Clarkson admitted to hospital in round 10
Cyril Rioli reinjuries his hamstring in round 15
Brad Sewell injures his hamstring in round 16
Brian Lake (again) suspended for 4 matches in round 16
Matthew Suckling injures his knee in round 22

That's not including season ending injuries to Jed Anderson and Brendan Whitecross who had cases to make as best 22 that season.

All the while, Hodge, McEvoy, Hale and Roughead missed matches.

flag
minor premier
flag

is pretty not bad. Its not the Zhou Dynasty but thats the main point of the question - will richmond go upwards from here or stagnate/decline?
They definitely could and should go on to win at least another, contend for maybe 2.

It all depends on their hunger to climb the mountain again. If this season was about redemption, and they got the job done, that might just about do it.

71-xOGQRaLL._SY450_.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit that I think Tigers would have beaten us in last years GF. So it's funny to think that Mason Cox ruined Richmond's probable 3-peat.
thats cute, wheres he been since?

There's a reason many neutrals were barracking for an AFL love child over Richmond today. Nearly 40 years without winning anything left this mob with very little practice at winning gracefully. Although that can't be the only the reason, because Bulldogs fans were a good deal more bearable after their drought breaking win. I'm sure Hawks fans were fairly unbearable after 2015, but at least their team had won 3 on the trot. Two in 39 years and they're already talking up the dynasty.

As for the OP's question "Are Richmond at the start of their dynastic period or at the end". Well they may be at the start, but they are definitely not at the end, because 2 flags in 3 years is not a dynasty. Not by a long shot, not when their period leading up to that was 36 years in the wilderness.

A decent troll post though. Certainly got me biting.
lol makes me laugh how every oppo supporter waffles on about "winning gracefully"
nobody seemed to care when we were bad and had to cop the end of every joke for 30 odd years.
now its our turn to give it back and you all have a cry, get used to it mate because as this thread has already stated in op, the dynasty is on.
go the mighty tiges

Well the Herald Sun has Tigers Dynasty as their front page today, so you gotta give OP some credit for predicting it BEFORE they even won the GF

ETA: Sorry I thought this was the thread posted before the GF but when I checked it seems I was wrong. Carry on

Well the Herald Sun has Tigers Dynasty as their front page today, so you gotta give OP some credit for predicting it BEFORE they even won the GF

ETA: Sorry I thought this was the thread posted before the GF but when I checked it seems I was wrong. Carry on

A lot of the football media and main stream media seems to have adopted "The Richmond Dynasty" mantra

Most dynasties are 100+ years so they have a ways to go yet.

its obviously 'dynasty' in a football sense, not ruling an empire multi generational

Remove this Banner Ad

Back