Event The Season 29 All-SFA Team

Remove this Banner Ad

as we are discussing. but right now, at best it will be other backs taking pocket positions. bp posting stats are uglier than TJASTA in drag
giphy.gif

Reckon we need some good ideas to fix some of these Quirks, we can never seem to solve.
Didn’t say my idea was good lol. Nah kidding it’s awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would just like to give my thoughts to the Emergencies, keep your chins up, its not the Career 'nail in the coffin' its made out to be.

Disregard the demise of JWS and also my fall from grace as well.
yeah because you are s**t ay

Hall Of Fame

You could be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world
You could beat the war
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can beat the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 20 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 25. Among this number are 4 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate

Season 27 – loopy_cam

Season 28 - pantsredacted
Bold - denotes Immortal Status

In Season 29, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, four candidates were put to a vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the HoF.

These four players were Blacky, brahj, Kennedy Parker and DemonJim

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the HoF Committee secret ballot voted DemonJim to be the sole inductee into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame for Season 29, with 10 of the Committee voting for his induction. Former admin Kennedy Parker was unlucky, falling 2 vote short of the 75% threshold, whilst the other two candidates received little support.

DemonJim has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. He has the highest number of Mobbenfuhrer Medal votes in the history of the comp, with 168 to the end of S28. Despite this, he has never won the award, instead finishing on the podium on several occasions. He was Las Vegas Bears captain from Seasons 18-21. His steadfast determination to win the medal has seen him dominate stats for each of his teams but he has remained a prominent figure on the Sweet FA landscape for many years and is truly deserving of this honour.

Hall of Fame members Tarkyn_24 and pantsredacted, friends and team-mates of DemonJim, have provided these induction speeches welcoming him into the hallowed halls:

It's with great honour that I have the privilege of writing this for the induction of DemonJum into the Hall of Fame of the Sweet FA. Jum has been a constant in the league for all of my time here, a fierce on-baller with a knack of picking up huge QOOTY scores, a leader or towards the top of most stat categories and multiple premierships it is without doubt a worthy addition. It's not unusual to get to the end of the season and see DJ up top in tackles, DT, possessions. In fact I have lost count of the times that he has finished just shy of enough votes to win the Mobbs, probably the only award that eludes him and the one he wishes he could touch, but he mustn't touch what isn't his. I won't pretend to know all the teams he has played for but I do know that he has constantly commanded a prime spot at the Wonders, Bears and Demons whilst possibly not being known for his posting. This would be because team captains know a ball hog when they see one.

Jumboy was one of the first posters I approached to join the Las Vegas Bears, I knew that he was a big QOOTY name but perhaps demanded a tad more responsibility behind the scenes than he was getting, when Broken left the Bears bid I quickly knew that DJ should become my co-captain and together we could continue to build a team strong enough to compete in the league, and we did. When I left the Bears I was content with the leadership left behind and that they would continue our traditions, I was also glad to assist Matera in knifing DJ, mainly for the laughs.

Demum J doesn't really have much of a knack of bantering, in fact many people have called him a caveman, which is apt because he looks like one. He is often quick to melt or to attack blindly, we all sat back in bewilderment when he called Woosh a utensil hungry moll. These were the days where he would hurl abuse at the train delay announcements on the platforms of town hall station. He would push over any female passenger who was talking on their mobile standing in his way, a large angry man. However disease would strike down our good friend DeJay, the eye opening experience that caused a huge weight loss. After sculling his last Jack Daniels he became fixated on getting back to being fit and the ball hungry moll he once was.

And he did.

His stats are truly staggering, his accolades as good as anyone. Maybe not appreciated as much as others for his off field output but I'm sure his teammates, and those that have been behind the scenes will share the respect for this man's Sweet FA career. So once again, to DemonJim, welcome to the Hall of Fame, you now get a new badge, wear it with pride and joy, try not to berate it. This is your moment, you will also never have a Mobbs medal because I forbid it (inb4youwinit).

Good talking, happy to meet, Good day.

- pants

DemonJim-

Perennial bridesmaid. Snarky and more like to pay out on teammates than opponents. Probably one of the most anonymous hall of fame nominees ever, so thank fu** for stats hey?

I’ve had the pleasure of playing alongside DemonJim at long last after having gone head to head with him for most of both our careers. He is an absolute cornerstone of the competition and has been effectual at every club that he’s played at. Our competition is what it is because of people who are enthusiastic about what was built before them and continue to add to that legacy. Jim has been pivotal in contributing to that story, for being active and engaged the whole way through his time in the competition and for stepping up when his clubs have needed him.

Tonight’s accolade is a testimony to everything you have done over a huge period of time to make this place great. You’ve played hard, always contending as one of the great midfield mainstays of the competition and you’ve brought enthusiasm, wit and humour to everyone. There wouldn’t be a person in this competition that would have anything even approaching ill-will towards you and that’s a credit to your ability to contribute tastefully over the long term. You’re exactly the kind of person that this accolade is meant for, and it’s an honour to have you amongst our ranks.

Congratulations mate, enjoy everyones acknowledgment of what a ripper bloke you’ve been.

-Tarkyn_24

Congratulations to the newest member of the Hall Of Fame, DemonJim. Here are his career numbers, thanks to Hate :

DemonJim

1592217654688.png

DEMONJIM
Games
Disposals
Goals
DT Points
DEM
126​
2391​
100​
9627​
LVB
88​
1603​
79​
6534​
WON
80​
879​
174​
4429​
Totals
294​
4873​
353​
20590​

Career stats
294 games
353 goals
4873 disposals
20,590 DTpoints

168 MobbenFuhrer Medal votes – ranked #1[/B]

Season1516171819202122232425262728
Placing27512161722818522317310

Total Votes (End S28): 168 Votes / 89 Games

Achievements and accolades:

4x premiership player

4x All-SFA

1x FRED medal winner

2x Bears B&F

1x Wonders B&F

Bears Captain Seasons 18-21

Hall Of Fame

You can be the best

You could beat the world
You could beat the war

You can beat the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 20 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 25. Among this number are 4 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth

Season 27 – loopy_cam

In Season 29, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, four candidates were put to a vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the HoF.

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the HoF Committee secret ballot voted DemonJim to be the sole inductee into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame for Season 29, with 10 of the Committee voting for his induction. Former admin Kennedy Parker was unlucky, falling 2 vote short of the 75% threshold, whilst the other two candidates received little support.

DemonJim has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. He has the highest number of Mobbenfuhrer Medal votes in the history of the comp, with 168 to the end of S28. Despite this, he has never won the award, instead finishing on the podium on several occasions. He was Las Vegas Bears captain from Seasons 18-21. His steadfast determination to win the medal has seen him dominate stats for each of his teams but he has remained a prominent figure on the Sweet FA landscape for many years and is truly deserving of this honour.

Hall of Fame members Tarkyn_24 and pantsredacted, friends and team-mates of DemonJim, have provided these induction speeches welcoming him into the hallowed halls:

It's with great honour that I have the privilege of writing this for the induction of DemonJum into the Hall of Fame of the Sweet FA. Jum has been a constant in the league for all of my time here, a fierce on-baller with a knack of picking up huge QOOTY scores, a leader or towards the top of most stat categories and multiple premierships it is without doubt a worthy addition. It's not unusual to get to the end of the season and see DJ up top in tackles, DT, possessions. In fact I have lost count of the times that he has finished just shy of enough votes to win the Mobbs, probably the only award that eludes him and the one he wishes he could touch, but he mustn't touch what isn't his. I won't pretend to know all the teams he has played for but I do know that he has constantly commanded a prime spot at the Wonders, Bears and Demons whilst possibly not being known for his posting. This would be because team captains know a ball hog when they see one.

Jumboy was one of the first posters I approached to join the Las Vegas Bears, I knew that he was a big QOOTY name but perhaps demanded a tad more responsibility behind the scenes than he was getting, when Broken left the Bears bid I quickly knew that DJ should become my co-captain and together we could continue to build a team strong enough to compete in the league, and we did. When I left the Bears I was content with the leadership left behind and that they would continue our traditions, I was also glad to assist Matera in knifing DJ, mainly for the laughs.

Demum J doesn't really have much of a knack of bantering, in fact many people have called him a caveman, which is apt because he looks like one. He is often quick to melt or to attack blindly, we all sat back in bewilderment when he called Woosh a utensil hungry moll. These were the days where he would hurl abuse at the train delay announcements on the platforms of town hall station. He would push over any female passenger who was talking on their mobile standing in his way, a large angry man. However disease would strike down our good friend DeJay, the eye opening experience that caused a huge weight loss. After sculling his last Jack Daniels he became fixated on getting back to being fit and the ball hungry moll he once was.

And he did.

His stats are truly staggering, his accolades as good as anyone. Maybe not appreciated as much as others for his off field output but I'm sure his teammates, and those that have been behind the scenes will share the respect for this man's Sweet FA career. So once again, to DemonJim, welcome to the Hall of Fame, you now get a new badge, wear it with pride and joy, try not to berate it. This is your moment, you will also never have a Mobbs medal because I forbid it (inb4youwinit).

- pants

DemonJim-

Perennial bridesmaid. Snarky and more like to pay out on teammates than opponents. Probably one of the most anonymous hall of fame nominees ever, so thank fu** for stats hey?

I’ve had the pleasure of playing alongside DemonJim at long last after having gone head to head with him for most of both our careers. He is an absolute cornerstone of the competition and has been effectual at every club that he’s played at. Our competition is what it is because of people who are enthusiastic about what was built before them and continue to add to that legacy. Jim has been pivotal in contributing to that story, for being active and engaged the whole way through his time in the competition and for stepping up when his clubs have needed him.

Tonight’s accolade is a testimony to everything you have done over a huge period of time to make this place great. You’ve played hard, always contending as one of the great midfield mainstays of the competition and you’ve brought enthusiasm, wit and humour to everyone. There wouldn’t be a person in this competition that would have anything even approaching ill-will towards you and that’s a credit to your ability to contribute tastefully over the long term. You’re exactly the kind of person that this accolade is meant for, and it’s an honour to have you amongst our ranks.

Congratulations mate, enjoy everyones acknowledgment of what a ripper bloke you’ve been.

-Tarkyn_24

Congratulations to the newest member of the Hall Of Fame, DemonJim. Here are his career numbers, thanks to Hate :

DemonJim

View attachment 892992

DEMONJIM
Games
Disposals
Goals
DT Points
DEM
126​
2391​
100​
9627​
LVB
88​
1603​
79​
6534​
WON
80​
879​
174​
4429​
Totals
294​
4873​
353​
20590​

Career stats
294 games
353 goals
4873 disposals
20,590 DTpoints

4x premiership player

4x All-SFA

1x FRED medal winner

2x Bears B&F

1x Wonders B&F

Congrats DemonJim, well deserved. 👍

So who wins then? 🤔

Hall Of Fame

You can be the best

You could beat the world
You could beat the war

You can beat the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth

Season 27 – loopy_cam

And he did.

- pants

DemonJim-

-Tarkyn_24

DemonJim

View attachment 892992

DEMONJIM
Games
Disposals
Goals
DT Points
DEM
126​
2391​
100​
9627​
LVB
88​
1603​
79​
6534​
WON
80​
879​
174​
4429​
Totals
294​
4873​
353​
20590​

Career stats
294 games
353 goals
4873 disposals
20,590 DTpoints

4x premiership player

4x All-SFA

1x FRED medal winner

2x Bears B&F

1x Wonders B&F

Congrats DemonJim what a great okeydoke7 style resume.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back