State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

We should at the least get Finchy and the Big Show back for the finals!
Interesting debate as to who would get dropped. Short definitely gets his chance as he's batted and bowled well throughout and doesn't deserve it. Thomson is an obvious choice, although he showed great guts to get through. Hard to drop Sutherland after 4/11. Boland hasn't bowled well all series, so he might be the one to miss. Which would be a side of:

Finch
Harris
Dean
Handscomb (c, +)
Maxwell
Gotch
Short
Sutherland
Siddle
Tremain
Ahmed

Interesting debate as to who would get dropped. Short definitely gets his chance as he's batted and bowled well throughout and doesn't deserve it. Thomson is an obvious choice, although he showed great guts to get through. Hard to drop Sutherland after 4/11. Boland hasn't bowled well all series, so he might be the one to miss. Which would be a side of:

Finch
Harris
Dean
Handscomb (c, +)
Maxwell
Gotch
Short
Sutherland
Siddle
Tremain
Ahmed

Probably about right, Harris would be next out if White was also fit, hasn’t done much since we left Perth.

Without being able to find stats atm, Boland or Tremain I’m not sure of. Tremain took wickets but was expensive and not sure how Boland has been going. Siddle saved his ass which is a little surprising, normally an expensive OD bowler.

Probably about right, Harris would be next out if White was also fit, hasn’t done much since we left Perth.

Without being able to find stats atm, Boland or Tremain I’m not sure of. Tremain took wickets but was expensive and not sure how Boland has been going. Siddle saved his ass which is a little surprising, normally an expensive OD bowler.
Tremain: 57 overs, 12 wickets, average 27.75, ER 5.84, SR 28.5
Boland: 51 overs, 5 wickets, average 66, ER 6.47, SR 61.2
Siddle: 60 overs, 8 wickets, average 25.12, ER 3.35, SR 45

Pretty easy decision there.
Yep. If Sutherland hadn't taken 4-fa last game I reckon it'd simply be a case of last in, first out but he did and you can't drop him after that performance.

The other option is going 4 seamers if you deem Short and Maxwell as good enough bowlers, but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot about Christian, oh well, he would surely have to miss?
Who does he replace? Short and Gotch have made runs and Short's bowling has been good apart from one game.

Pretty sure Sunday was Will Sutherland's last game as he was returning back to Melbourne to continue with his Year 12 schooling.

Pretty sure Sunday was Will Sutherland's last game as he was returning back to Melbourne to continue with his Year 12 schooling.
He'd have finished all his SACs and stuff, he should be able to fly down to Tassie for Thursday-Saturday if we make it.

Hopefully the front that's coming will clear in time for a full day,radar doesn't look great.

That's one steadfast agenda that I just can't comprehend.

Ahmed has been fantastic for a number of years across each format.
Ahmed has been s**t the past two seasons actually but with Holland injured it's to be expected that a bloke who's 35 years old who will never get a game for Australia to be selected.

Great to see we're going with players like Dan Christian again with his fantastic average of 29 last season over players like Short or Gotch. Fantastic initiative show the faith in our young players over mediocre journeymen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back