State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't risk Pattinson yet surely
I can see him playing as a bat, he's good enough with the willow to do so. That would be a smart way to ease him into bowling, and it isn't as if he can be much worse than what Dean's produced in the first two games.

My personal view is that I am not playing him as a batsman. He is a bowler
He's a bowler that has serious ability with the bat. Getting him back used to the level as a bat is a smart idea, we can still get a lot of overs from Siddle/Tremain/Boland and the spinner so he doesn't have to bowl a lot. Not saying he will, but I hope it's a viable option.

Should be a strong team to take on SA this week. The interesting selection whether will be if they play Dean or drop him and open Finch?

Harris
Finch
Handscomb
Maxwell
White
Short
Gotch
Tremain
Siddle
Boland
Ahmed
Finch and Maxwell in Aussie one day squad (starts on Sunday)

We lose Carey and Head. And Zampa if he was in our plans, possibly not.

He's a bowler that has serious ability with the bat. Getting him back used to the level as a bat is a smart idea, we can still get a lot of overs from Siddle/Tremain/Boland and the spinner so he doesn't have to bowl a lot. Not saying he will, but I hope it's a viable option.

Concur
Held his own at test level
Better all rounder than mitch marsh, alnost a better batsman than Shaun marsh

Suspect Harper may replace Gotch next game. Has made 47 and 62 in his last two digs at Premier Level, has made nearly 250 runs in 5 innings for Melbourne this year, and is obviously a better keeper. Futures League side from the 12th-15th will be interesting to see (Dunno why it can't be scheduled a couple of days earlier though).

Nothing really relevant happened in Premier Cricket yesterday. Jake Reed the highlight, taking 5 wickets defending 188 to help Geelong beat Uni. Matt Fotia and Zak Evans both took 3 wickets for Ringwood whilst Dean Russ made a ton. Travis Dean and Matt Short failed with the bat coming back down, and oddly enough Fawad Ahmed played (despite Uni batting this week). Forgot to mention that Tom O'Connell took 4/88 last week.

Didn't see any of Harris, Handscomb, White, Gotch, Pattinson, Siddle, Boland or Tremain named.

Maddinson, Vines and Harper playing FL, looks unlikely that they play Shield next game given the game starts 2 days after this one finishes.

Surprised Blake Thomson didn't get a gig. Has been in some solid form for Melbourne and we're really only playing Vines, Newman, Maddinson, Rowe and Harper as bats, with Merlo a bit of an allrounder, especially since you can play 12.

Vines and Maddinson made starts (18 and 25) whilst Ed Newman made 65 from 56. Harper (17 from 30) and Merlo (3 from 10) are in now. If Harps makes runs Gotch would really want to have a good game against Tassie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happening with Will Sutherland? Is he playing futures league? Also where can you find the scores for the futures league game
last I heard he’s out until the new year with a stress fracture. Futures league scores can be found through mycricket

Merlo ended up with 52, we made 233 and we have the 4/126 in reply with young quick Matt Perry taking two wickets, Coleman with the other two. Seems like there's a bit in the track, hopefully we can roll them relatively cheaply.

What's happening with Will Sutherland? Is he playing futures league? Also where can you find the scores for the futures league game
nationalchamps.com.au has Futures League plus all the underage carnivals

Zak Evans 4/44 off 14.4 overs XD. Coleman took 3, Perry 2, Crone 1. Rolled them for 188. We're currently 2/105, Newman and Vines made 24 and 35 respectively, Maddinson currently on 38 from 48 and Harper 8 from 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back