State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win. Onto next week where we play Queensland. Absolutely vital we play 7 bats at the Gabba.

Dean
Maddinson
Handscomb
Short
Seymour/Stepien
Fraser-McGurk
Gotch (+)
3x Sutherland/Boland/Siddle/Tremain
Parker

Siddle seemed to have an arm injury? Will Harper be fit? I think Queensland will have something like:

Street
Renshaw
Burns
Heazlett
McSweeney
Wildermuth
Peirson (+)
Gannon
Kuhnemann
Doggett
Edwards/Stanlake/Bartlett

Good win. Onto next week where we play Queensland. Absolutely vital we play 7 bats at the Gabba.

Dean
Maddinson
Handscomb
Short
Seymour/Stepien
Fraser-McGurk
Gotch (+)
3x Sutherland/Boland/Siddle/Tremain
Parker

Siddle seemed to have an arm injury? Will Harper be fit? I think Queensland will have something like:

Street
Renshaw
Burns
Heazlett
McSweeney
Wildermuth
Peirson (+)
Gannon
Kuhnemann
Doggett
Edwards/Stanlake/Bartlett

Maddo now out, replaced Pucovski in A team

fu**. Well, Short to open with Stepien and Seymour in the middle order then.
We're lucky to have Pete. If there is another injury to a batsman, he's probably next man in (to the A side) as well.

Do we give Mackenzie Harvey a game? I realise he's probably going to be a better white ball player, like his old man.

We're lucky to have Pete. If there is another injury to a batsman, he's probably next man in (to the A side) as well.

Do we give Mackenzie Harvey a game? I realise he's probably going to be a better white ball player, like his old man.
Nah, Weatherald or Hughes would be next given Maddinson's versatility.

Not based on his second XI or grade performances, but if that were the case Parker would have been nowhere near selection either, so maybe.

Nah, Weatherald or Hughes would be next given Maddinson's versatility.

Not based on his second XI or grade performances, but if that were the case Parker would have been nowhere near selection either, so maybe.
Handscomb is clearly rated by the NSP. Nothing to suggest those 2 are. I reckon he's next, but whatever. We may never know.

Handscomb is clearly rated by the NSP. Nothing to suggest those 2 are. I reckon he's next, but whatever. We may never know.
Handscomb, whilst he's having an okay season, isn't in an Australia A set up right now for good reason.

It is a tad annoying that the time we play Queensland with 3 of their best 5 bowlers out is a game where we have 2 of our top 7 bats (including Gotch, not Short)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I've missed his old man's grade career I think Ian is actually Mackenzie's Uncle.
Yep, Harvey and Parker are nephews of Ian and Geoff.

Stoinis out of the A match replaced by Wildermuth. We might have to go full under 13's and borrow a player from the Vics this match in order to field a team...

Stoinis out of the A match replaced by Wildermuth. We might have to go full under 13's and borrow a player from the Vics this match in order to field a team...
Would you go the 4 quicks and have McSweeney and Renshaw as part timers given what the Gabba usually produces?

Would you go the 4 quicks and have McSweeney and Renshaw as part timers given what the Gabba usually produces?
Difficult to really know, still no word whether Renshaw will even be available. I think that probably would be likely though if he is available. Maybe something like

Burns
Renshaw/Street
Hemphrey
Renshaw/Street
Heazlett
Mcsweeney
Peirson
Gannon
Doggett
Bartlett/Edwards
Stanlake

Perhaps Bryant to slot in down the order somewhere if Renshaw still isn't available, or even Prestwidge if they are looking for someone a bit more of a like for like replacement for Wildermuth.

Merlo and Vines come in for Harris and Maddinson
JFM already in the squad too. Hmm. Dean and Vines to open obviously, dies Merlo bat 3 to (somewhat) protect Hank?

All 3 to play and one of the quicks to be rested?
That's what I'd do. Playing 7 bats at the Gabba is a no brainer given the tracks they've produced the last few years.

Merlo bowling handy seamers also suggests they'll go with 7 bats/3 seamers/Parker

So yeah, something like:

Dean
Vines
Merlo
Handscomb
Short
JFM
Gotch
Sutherland
Tremain
Parker
Boland

Given Sid couldn't throw in the second dig, give him a rest. Otherwise I'd drop Tremain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back