State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hatzoglou is not a victorian he is playing shield for South aussie mister i no everything dog said he is not ready for shield cricket
1. He is Victorian (born and raised in Sunshine). Used to play for Melbourne Uni.
2. He's in their One Day squad, not Shield. And I said he'd be behind Parker and Holland here.
3. Your spelling and grammar is horrendous, what are you, 14?

Also how did Nic "hopelessly out of form" Maddinson go last game?

Also surprised we haven't released a squad for tomorrow's game yet. I'm assuming it'll be the same 13 (Travis Dean was also brought into the squad). Not sure if we go with an extra bat, play 2 spinners or what. Hard to drop any of the bowlers, really. The flipside is that Bankstown really does take spin well on days 3 and 4 most of the time. I'm expecting NSW to play the extra bat after last game. Not sure which of Abbott, Copeland or Starc will miss out, with Cummins coming in for Hazlewood.

It's a big game, win and we move into second, with the same amount of games as first and fourth, draw and we move into 3rd. Anyway, this is probably what I'd do:

Dean (he's the only other bat in the last squad)
Harris
Handscomb
Maddinson
Short
Fraser-McGurk
Gotch (+)
Sutherland
Pattinson
Perry/Boland
Holland

I don't think we need the 5 bowlers at Bankstown. As I said, it's hard to drop any of them, glad it's not my decision this week!

Starc and Smith out for NSW. I know he's bowling poorly at the moment but Starc is dangerous. I suspect they'll go:

Larkin
Hughes
Patterson
Solway
Henriques
Nevill (c, +)
Sangha
Abbott
Cummins
Copeland
Lyon

I feel like a genuine all-rounder in Sangha can help with the balance of their attack here.

Starc and Smith out for NSW. I know he's bowling poorly at the moment but Starc is dangerous. I suspect they'll go:

Larkin
Hughes
Patterson
Solway
Henriques
Nevill (c, +)
Sangha
Abbott
Cummins
Copeland
Lyon

I feel like a genuine all-rounder in Sangha can help with the balance of their attack here.

No Smith on a highway is a big win but no Starc cancels it out

No Smith on a highway is a big win but no Starc cancels it out
Given his dad had cancer it's understandable that he's bowled poorly this season. Credit to him for not publically using it as an excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shawn Craig is a New South Welshman now?

News to me
Don't let facts get in the way of an eddiesmith whinge.

Also he was the one who gave Boland out too

Vics batting has been Brittle since the resumption of SS, other than Maddinson, who looks like he is in a hurry and Short who has been the opposite, the rest have been average

NSW had the best of the conditions here. It will be a real test to see where the batting is at tomorrow, although I think conditions are supposed to be similar to yesterday...

Shame it wasn’t in Melbourne, 4 perfect, glorious days of sunshine

Victoria need another batsmen in the side, Sutherland batting hasn’t been up to scratch, Patterson even coming in ahead of him, Vics have a long tail
Gotch not good enough a batter to play at 6. He's fine as a 7.

Our "game in hand" will be vital now that we managed to avoid losing to NSW. We probably need to make at least one change in the batting, does the innings from Gotch save him? I'm not sure, especially since Harper made 92 for Melbourne on Saturday. I think we need to drop one of the bowlers for another bat, probably James Seymour who has 651 runs at 108.5 this season, as well as bowling handy mediums.

James Seymour
Marcus Harris
Peter Handscomb (c)
Nic Maddinson
Matthew Short
Jake Fraser-McGurk
Sam Harper (+)
3x Will Sutherland/James Pattinson/Mitchell Perry/Scott Boland
Jon Holland

Found it hard to split the four seamers. Probably Sutherland misses this one with his injury history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back