Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just looking at the World cup winners and noticed India host the next WC. They completly skip SA and the West Indies. They also host by them selves leaving out Pak, SL, Bangas (like they usually do).

Very good bowling and fielding performance from Australia. Wickets taken with quality bowling moreso than poor shot selection

Starcs ball to remove Stokes was perfection

Finally got our best bowling contingent together and whaddoyouknow? Now we need to resolve our number 3 problem and that is a simple case of bringing Smith up the order and bringing in someone like Marsh at 4 (would prefer Turner or Handscomb).

The no brainer is Stoinis who is (and has been) the weakest link in the whole team for 18 months and just has to go for MMarsh or NCN.

Very good bowling and fielding performance from Australia. Wickets taken with quality bowling moreso than poor shot selection

Starcs ball to remove Stokes was perfection

That peach from Dorf second ball of the innings wasn't bad either. Imma go hunt for a video of the Starc ball as I called it a night at half 10.

Are England in danger of missing the Semi's ?
Last two games are against India and New Zealand.

Other teams that could get them and their run home (2 points for a win, 1 for N/R)
England (8) - India, New Zealand
Bangladesh (7) - India, Pakistan
Sri Lanka (6) - South Africa, West Indies, India
Pakistan (5) - New Zealand, Afghanistan, Bangladesh

Either way, any team that bats first against England should feel confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other teams that could get them and their run home (2 points for a win, 1 for N/R)

Just to add to England's sense of dread, they have not beaten us, NZ or India at a WC since 1992.

Did someone say choke?

That would be pretty nuts for a host nation. Please let it happen!

Big danger Id say. There is a very good chance they lose both. If that happens then the Bangers beat Pakistan and they miss. Or Pakistan beat the bangers and Afganistan and they miss. Sri Lanka also a chance to beat SA and WI which would also have the Poms miss.
Id say very good chance.

That peach from Dorf second ball of the innings wasn't bad either. Imma go hunt for a video of the Starc ball as I called it a night at half 10.

Dorff’s was a peach as well but it was Vince second ball before he’d had a chance to get set

Stokes was on 89 and batting really well to the point he could foreseeably lead England to a win. Starc beat him all ends up

Dorff’s was a peach as well but it was Vince second ball before he’d had a chance to get set

Stokes was on 89 and batting really well to the point he could foreseeably lead England to a win. Starc beat him all ends up

I found it on YouTube shortly after posting, absolutely sublime. Nothing better than seeing our quicks bowl full and straight at the pegs.

That

That was unplayable. Quick with a bit of reverse swing but it also straightened after pitching.

That was the swing. Before it pitched. Not after (I'm being pedantic)
Yeah I know it was swinging before it pitched but what I’m saying that the ball should have hit middle/off with the natural line of the swing ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back