Media TiF News EXCLUSIVE: Aliaseses!!! šŸ˜®

Remove this Banner Ad

Two shots at glory? In a fake and random Sim environment?

Not defending what happened, failing to understand why it is so frowned to recruit an an alias yet not a ban-able offence to use one in here.

I thought I explained it pretty well Jabba. Using aliases for media etc has been around forever, itā€™s reasonable though to expect everyone gets one go at playing the game.

I thought I explained it pretty well Jabba. Using aliases for media etc has been around forever, itā€™s reasonable though to expect everyone gets one go at playing the game.
Do people seriously take the results of a random Sim they have no control over seriously?

Seriously?!?!?

I mean it is the whole basis of the league...
It is the excuse for people to get together, often using a persona, have some banter and fun.

If anyone is living and dying by the results of a fake qooty game in a pretend league needs to have a good think about whether this is a good place for them to be.

Do people seriously take the results of a random Sim they have no control over seriously?

Seriously?!?!?
That is a different question / argument / ethics issue though, I would have thought.

Sorry for being a campaigner, I know we are both Bombers and all but aren't we all adults here ?

EDIT: Last bit might be a joke.

It is the excuse for people to get together, often using a persona, have some banter and fun.

If anyone is living and dying by the results of a fake qooty game in a pretend league needs to have a good think about whether this is a good place for them to be.
I'm currently booked into therapy sessions straight away on Monday mornings to deal with any potential trauma caused by the Qooty match the night before.

I'm currently booked into therapy sessions straight away on Monday mornings to deal with any potential trauma caused by the Qooty match the night before.
You wouldnā€™t have that problem if you played for the undefeated reigning premiers ā€¦ maybe thatā€™s just me.

Mate, as a fellow S34 rookie, feel free to reach out by PM if you need to.

1. rising star medal handover.jpg

Well I'm definitely going to melt if I don't finally take home the trophy this season.

Well I'm definitely going to melt if I don't finally take home the trophy this season.
The "I support the Tasmanian push for an AFL side badge" ?

Yeah, it's a good one. I've been after it for a while but I keep being ignored although I followed the rules.

So I know how you feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Hoooops again, isn't it.
no its me Mrs Turbo again and I am really Tigerturbulance, the first player to win an EKA and Mobbs medal in the same season :peace:

oh crap I forgot to switch accounts back, everyone forget you read this

For now the player has been redacted by the admin, I'll support that. I believe it has been known on the streets for a while the identity of said player.

I believe the punishment is 8 weeks but IMO it's one of the worst things you can do in this place. I can't remember too many previous offenders ever coming back.
Filth if you see the alias as one of the worst things in this place what do you make of the the rule were it goes onto say alias accounts may be used.

A player may only have one account as a listed player in the Sweet FA. No aliases allowed. A minimum 8 game suspension applies for a breach. Alias accounts may be used in a joking manner in media and match threads only, any alias accounts posting in a sign up thread will be considered a breach.

Filth if you see the alias as one of the worst things in this place what do you make of the the rule were it goes onto say alias accounts may be used.

A player may only have one account as a listed player in the Sweet FA. No aliases allowed. A minimum 8 game suspension applies for a breach. Alias accounts may be used in a joking manner in media and match threads only, any alias accounts posting in a sign up thread will be considered a breach.
Sounds like a crock of s**t to me

He has already explained this.

You are smarter than this, Turbo.

He has already explained this.

You are smarter than this, Turbo.
I don't read The Filth Wizard posts, I just ask him questions

You are smarter than this, ND.

Actually scrap the last line ND your not

homer-homer-simpson.gif

+1 for Filthy's explanation

If you have multiple accounts playing you get multiple shots at awards. Yes, it is just a game but it is also fun to win sometimes and if someone is cheating it is less fun.

The data collection and collation is a bigger reason to me. That stuff takes time and effort and if people are messing around with multiple accounts it makes sorting and collating more difficult. If everyone is doing it then those who collect and collate data will likely not bother doing anymore as it it'll be even more work. If you like Sweet FA+ you like not allowing aliases as listed players. It's that simple.

Have an alias or two to post in match threads and media? Go nuts.

I'm clearly only talking about aliases listed on teams.

I said earlier in the thread I have a couple of aliases I used myself for media purposes. I've not used "Sean Connery" or "Quivorirs Boss" to get another bite of the cherry as a sim player or to cheat the rules to meet squad minimum requirements. I've used them to perpetuate a joke in a media sense or to make fun of Quivorir.

There's only two ways on Bigfooty the use of an alias account is against the rules. For the site, it's using one to get around having your main account banned. In the Sweet FA, it's having more than one account per person listed on a Sweet FA squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back