Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Blake Schlensog

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Tyson Stengle

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints were good last year.

About the furtherest thing from a Richmond man is Parker. Genuine tosser, our boys will be quick to pick up on it and happy to see the end of him much like they couldn't stand Higgins. More likely to give the boys something to gel over than gel with.
I’m not 100% but I think he mightve played with Pickett before he went to the saints..?
From the same club as Marlion and Bolton

Behaviour on a footy field is not the mark of who you are as a person.

Dan Jackson had some wonderful white line fever.

Grigga knocked our captain out behind the ball when playing for Carlton.

Celebrating a goal is not a good reflection of who you are as a person.

I'm sure there are plenty of more examples but my brain cell has stopped.

About the furtherest thing from a Richmond man is Parker. Genuine tosser, our boys will be quick to pick up on it and happy to see the end of him much like they couldn't stand Higgins. More likely to give the boys something to gel over than gel with.
Has mates at the club already so your not correct. You’d think the club would have asked his mates all about his character prior to drafting him. I’m backing our recruiting team to make a good call, again

Last edited:
Surprised we took parker. I thought the saints dumped him because he is a front runner who didn't do the defensive stuff. Not exactly what we need for our forward line.

I watched Parker a few times live in 2019 (as I've said earlier in the thread, have a few St. Kilda supporting mates) and I'd say he's the opposite of a front runner from my observations of his game. He was regularly prepared to put the pressure efforts in and tackle inside the forward 50.

I think he fell out of favour at St Kilda last season and struggled to find form through practice matches while in the QLD hub last season, he only got delisted late by St Kilda after they had already secured Jack Higgins for this season. Would most likely still be there if we didn't make that trade.

Anyway--- Matt Parker is exactly the type of player I was hoping from the mid season draft, a mature player who's been in the AFL system so can adjust quickly and possibly provide an X-Factor late in the season.

Marlion and Tim Kelly got him to South Freo and Marlion is one of his best mates and our recruiting team would've sort out Marlion for his opinion and got his thoughts on Parker's character.
I'd back our players over anything the duds from St Kilda have too say .
I can tell you right now that Saints players are laughing at the fact we picked him up. They couldn't stand him.

My word, you would have to be the biggest knob on this forum. Form you own opinions FFS. Yes our guys get most things right but not everything and this will likely be another they don't get right. Not much harm done given its a mid season pick and we've only gained that pick by placing an important member of the squad on the inactive list as he wasn't going to be available this season.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many games have you seen him play this year ?
Never met the guy, but know that Saints players couldn't stand him and very easy to see why.

My own dislike for him comes from the way he plays football. Complete opposite of Richmond man. Selfish as they come and no where near as talented as he thinks he is.

All the guys on insta are celebrating and welcoming Matt to the club. They already know him from his time spent at the Saints and connection with Pickett.

Has mates at the club already so your not correct. You’d think the club would have asked his mates all about his character prior to drafting him. I’m backing out recruiting team to make a good call, again

Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has mates at the club already so your not correct. You’d think the club would have asked his mates all about his character prior to drafting him. I’m backing out recruiting team to make a good call, again

Always a good character reference is the 5 blokes who get along with you versus the remaining 35 who want nothing to do with you.

So you think the club f’ed up majorly?

In all likelihood a waste of 6 months and 80k.

Not the end of the world but would be a travesty to see him play over far more talented players in MJR and Stack who are out future and should be given the opportunities. No one wants to have that conversation though.

The only upside which Im now repeating myself, is that his time at Saints he may have been played out of position and may well be far more suited to a wing. But if he has been drafted to play forward, then we are wasting our time.

Just from the highlights he ticks the boxes for what we are missing up forward but at the same time I worry about him failing the no dickhead policy but I assume without doubt he will be spoken to about what it means to be a Richmond man.
Good thing is Tigers recruiting don't judge a book by its cover. As you said, he ticks a lot of boxes.

I hope I'm not out of place here on an opposition forum but this guy is talking bullshit.

He was well liked at the Saints by players coaches and fans. Despite his looks he has a good attitude and will give it everything he has.
Why would I reveal my source?

Name calling, if you had seen the previous issues I have had with said poster you would begin to understand my level of frustration.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who as better insight than me
Is he a “noogar” man?
Seems we have quite a few on or list now if he is as well
Could be another good influence around stack as well

How many games have you seen him play this year ?

Funny you ask. But actually watched the SA vs WA game the other day and he annoyed me then as well. Other then that though I haven't watched a game. He could be a different player on the wing or in midfield but watching him any time up forward and he shits me.

Would hate to be a key forward having a tough day with a defender punching your arms all day and getting away with it only to finally win a free kick and have Parker be first to the ball, guarantee you he will play on.

Back