Scandal Tigers duo in nightclub brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry for ur trauma.
That's an awful experience.
But not sure the relevance?

Thought it relevant to show that there are just some people who go out and want to pick a fight for no reason other than wanting to pick a fight. It sounds like this is what happened with whoever thought it was a good idea to start a fight with two footy players. Numpties gonna numpt

any one with any idea what time this scuffle was and how long it lasted?
It was around 1.00am

this article offers differing insight as to the players attitude. It seems they were keen on settling a score with the other patron.

“Post the fight, eye witnesses claimed Rioli and Bolton remained outside the club Yo-Yo for up to 30 minutes after being evicted,” reporter Tom Browne said.
“Rioli argued at length with a security guard and Bolton tried to re-enter the club on multiple occasions.

It is alleged he was heard making remarks against the man who clashed with Rioli inside.”
Browne confirmed the AFL Integrity was investigating, and was “sceptical of the facts” in Richmond’s version of events.

“Witnesses say the fight between both players and the man inside was particularly aggressive after they took offence to the man’s highly inappropriate gesture to Rioli’s girlfriend,” Browne said.

It was around 1.00am

this article offers differing insight as to the players attitude. It seems they were keen on settling a score with the other patron.

“Post the fight, eye witnesses claimed Rioli and Bolton remained outside the club Yo-Yo for up to 30 minutes after being evicted,” reporter Tom Browne said.
“Rioli argued at length with a security guard and Bolton tried to re-enter the club on multiple occasions.

It is alleged he was heard making remarks against the man who clashed with Rioli inside.”
Browne confirmed the AFL Integrity was investigating, and was “sceptical of the facts” in Richmond’s version of events.

“Witnesses say the fight between both players and the man inside was particularly aggressive after they took offence to the man’s highly inappropriate gesture to Rioli’s girlfriend,” Browne said.

rioli and bolton must have been pissed if they hung around for 30 minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paris got pinched on the ass, Danny got his back up and got in the face of the bloke who did it (apparently a little fella) who jabbed him quickly under the eye. Danny crumbled like he'd been tackled over the shoulder in forward 50. Shai came running up and tried to punch the same bloke (in a scene almost exactly like the episode of Entourage where E and Turtle fight the annoying red headed bloke who always stirs up E about Sloane), missed, slipped and upon landing on the ground has cracked the trapezium bone in his wrist. He bounced to his feet and then wanted to fight the everyone. Security made sure he was removed sharply.

Speaking publicly about the incident for the first time, McLachlan told reporters on Thursday that the onus is on players not to engage in physical confrontations.

“My view is – I respect Damien’s view as Damien’s view – but it’s different. I think our players, and I ask all players that they don’t condone violence and they should be walking away,” McLachlan said.

“It’s difficult at times, I know provocation exists and circumstances are always relevant, but my general position is people need to walk away and be above that.”

Speaking publicly about the incident for the first time, McLachlan told reporters on Thursday that the onus is on players not to engage in physical confrontations.

“My view is – I respect Damien’s view as Damien’s view – but it’s different. I think our players, and I ask all players that they don’t condone violence and they should be walking away,” McLachlan said.

“It’s difficult at times, I know provocation exists and circumstances are always relevant, but my general position is people need to walk away and be above that.”
you made that point all through this thread even though some could not see this. Common sense says walk away. Unless pissed throw a couple of haymakers and get kicked out and then try to get back in, and then fook make sure our story is on the same page.

Paris got pinched on the ass, Danny got his back up and got in the face of the bloke who did it (apparently a little fella) who jabbed him quickly under the eye. Danny crumbled like he'd been tackled over the shoulder in forward 50. Shai came running up and tried to punch the same bloke (in a scene almost exactly like the episode of Entourage where E and Turtle fight the annoying red headed bloke who always stirs up E about Sloane), missed, slipped and upon landing on the ground has cracked the trapezium bone in his wrist. He bounced to his feet and then wanted to fight the everyone. Security made sure he was removed sharply.
this is believable and honestly makes me respect Bolton more for jumping in for his mate. My friends would probably think it was the funniest thing ever if some dude punched me in the face.

I’d bet if a bloke walked up to gil’s wife and pinched her on the ass, he wouldn’t just say “hey mate, that’s inappropriate. But, I am going to keep a cool head and walk away, because I’m above that” lol

I’d bet if a bloke walked up to gil’s wife and pinched her on the ass, he wouldn’t just say “hey mate, that’s inappropriate. But, I am going to keep a cool head and walk away, because I’m above that” lol
Tell security? Go to the cops? Be an adult?

Considering that these two were outside of the nightclub for half an hour arguing the toss with security trying to get back in they have no real credibility.

Drunk and belligerent. Made a mountain out of molehill.

you made that point all through this thread even though some could not see this. Common sense says walk away. Unless pissed throw a couple of haymakers and get kicked out and then try to get back in, and then fook make sure our story is on the same page.
Old Gil, whose opinion we all respect... Problem is this was a personal situation and someone can deal with that situation how they see fit. Some things are more important than the AFL and its image.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back