Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll play Saturday.
He'd play round 1 in 2017, yes? Seems like swans have rated him for awhile.
So I'd assume with better management they would have saved coin for him and not lowball him. Isn't the whole discussion because he decided to leave after that?

You say he's decided to leave. I say he's waiting to see what swans can do to find the $120k. That is why he recently can a put AGAIN just recently and said 'I really want to stay at the swans'

You say he's decided to leave. I say he's waiting to see what swans can do to find the $120k. That is why he recently can a put AGAIN just recently and said 'I really want to stay at the swans'

Oh he said that did he?
Obviously must be the first player/management team to ever do that........and leave.
Seriously what else do you expect him to say?

I agree but if you can't keep a required player because you've spent your dollars elsewhere that's not good management in my opinion and what I'm refering to
Once again, buddy is worth it every day of the week even when we have 3 years of dead cap when he is off drinking in the Caribbean

Do you genuinely believe he would rather play for Hawthorn than Sydney next year? Or is it a case of an offer too good to refuse?
Does his fathers connection and history with Hawthorn have a bearing?

We wait to see what the truth is as there's lots of stories at this time of the year, but I do have faith in the person who told me a couple of months ago that Mitchell had "fallen in our lap".

Hey ABASI MODERATOR. Time to put your money where your mouth is. You seem pretty confident/ ARROGANT. If Mitchel does not end up at your mob, how about agreeing to adopt my Avatar for the off-season....
Sorry DERO. Not interested in your dopey avatar.

It's my understanding that bets typically involve consideration being offered on both sides. I don't think anyone from the Hawthorn board really gives a s**t what avatar you choose to display yourself which would seem to make it difficult for you to 'front up', as it were. Just a thought.

It's my understanding that bets typically involve consideration being offered on both sides. I don't think anyone from the Hawthorn board really gives a s**t what avatar you choose to display yourself which would seem to make it difficult for you to 'front up', as it were. Just a thought.
Who are you and why are you speaking for ABASI MODERATOR ITK?

Who are you and why are you speaking for ABASI MODERATOR ITK?

You seem to be making about 4 posts directed towards him for every 1 that he throws your way. Just trying to pick up some of the slack. Also you seem to be quite dense so I thought I'd really break it down for you to help you to understand.

You seem to be making about 4 posts directed towards him for every 1 that he throws your way. Just trying to pick up some of the slack. Also you seem to be quite dense so I thought I'd really break it down for you to help you to understand.
BADESUMOFU MAKE IT PERSONAL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ok Bades, DERO FEMINIST and I are just having a laugh.

He's a closet Hawk fan, who watches on with interest.

Once again, buddy is worth it every day of the week even when we have 3 years of dead cap when he is off drinking in the Caribbean

Wasn't a tiresome dig at hawks-buddy-swans saga. I'm long over him breaking up with us.
I agree it's been worth it on and off field

Wasn't a tiresome dig at hawks-buddy-swans saga. I'm long over him breaking up with us.
I agree it's been worth it on and off field
Apologies, I suppose talia, Sinclair and maybe reid moves have not much paid off but in general I think the swans do it pretty well, the same as your mob

Oh he said that did he?
Obviously must be the first player/management team to ever do that........and leave.
Seriously what else do you expect him to say?
Clearly he was feeling that the swans had started to back away as a result of the delay and all the media reports. He therefore came out in the last 2-3 weeks and said he loves it at the swans and hopes he can stay. Believe me or not I couldn't give a sh**. They are the facts. Those facts lead me strongly to the conviction I've held all along and that is they will find the money and he will stay. You can say he said that solely to stay in a GF team......to which I say all he had to do was shut up and he'd be in the team like he was. Swans have ethics and integrity unlike other teams. He did it to hose down all the hawthorn reports which are BS. Pffft do I need to explain human nature to you people???

Clearly he was feeling that the swans had started to back away as a result of the delay and all the media reports. He therefore came out in the last 2-3 weeks and said he loves it at the swans and hopes he can stay. Believe me or not I couldn't give a sh**. They are the facts. Those facts lead me strongly to the conviction I've held all along and that is they will find the money and he will stay. You can say he said that solely to stay in a GF team......to which I say all he had to do was shut up and he'd be in the team like he was. Swans have ethics and integrity unlike other teams. He did it to hose down all the hawthorn reports which are BS. Pffft do I need to explain human nature to you people???

You could explain the chip on the shoulder to differing opinions?

Human nature hey? Rather than give a long list of player who trotted out " I'll stay " here's another statement often quoted..........
The coach has the full backing of the board! What happens next?

Last edited:
Spent too much time on inane conversation. No more. We'll see soon enough

I for one have enjoyed the discussion.
Has nothing to do with hawks/swans nonsense or winding you up.
You believe what you believe but you can't label it inane because others don't.
Every point I've seen you raise has had a logical counter-point and more than a few are backed with a AFL history that supports them.
I think as a general rule if any player is staying at any club for the next coming year it's decided well before thursday of grand final week.

Does his fathers connection and history with Hawthorn have a bearing?

We wait to see what the truth is as there's lots of stories at this time of the year, but I do have faith in the person who told me a couple of months ago that Mitchell had "fallen in our lap".

I doubt it would have any more bearing than his connection with Sydney. FWIW I think he will leave but won't necessarily end up at the Hawks. Will definitely be someone in the 'premiership window' but it will be the highest bidder. The word is that he really does want to stay at Sydney but can't knock back such a significant pay rise which is fair enough...can't say I blame him. Classic case of him being worth a lot more to other teams, such as Hawthorn, than he is to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back