Toast Tom Stewart - Gun Footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlighted on the couch ..as the worst finals performer over the last 4 years... a 50% drop off from his normal standard ...

Id say a lot of that has to do with how poor we have played in finals and him getting used to the level... I hope he and Danger have outstanding finals and stick it right up them as teddy would say..

Highlighted on the couch ..as the worst finals performer over the last 4 years... a 50% drop off from his normal standard ...

Id say a lot of that has to do with how poor we have played in finals and him getting used to the level... I hope he and Danger have outstanding finals and stick it right up them as teddy would say..
Funny how it’s Menegola and Tuohy who cop it though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s my point. The disproportionate reaction to the smaller drop-off.
They are easier targets and some then try to use it arguments for why said player is just a hack & should be gone off the list.

If/when criticism is bought on a player like Danger, there's those who don't like it and argue with lines like, "yeah but without Dangerfield we aren't playing finals", or "but Danger did this good, so stop picking on the guy. Why not question the performance of player X who never does good"

It is true that mostly he has struggled compared to his usual output. The defence in general have, but it has started from the midfield getting beaten and turning it over when they do get their hands on it.

I reckon finals are where the mature agers get exposed, that step up seems to be more dramatic than pre AFL to AFL for guys like Stewart and Menegola.

The recruits traded in like the Carlton boys who hadn't played too many recent finals have also struggled to replicate H&A form. It helps to be in a successful club playing finals from quite early on to learn to cope and have some tough failures. I am hopeful for the few who have now had some poor finals 2016-2018 they will improve. Then the added impetus of young guys, new recruits and older boys in new roles.

All it can be is talk until it comes together though. With the improved forward set up, I do think now winning contested footy and the territory battle will get us finals wins 9/10 times.

highlighting Tom Stewart's handful of finals and then ranking him as the worst finals performer over the past 4 years is harsh.

Stewart had a shocker that game. Was one of our worst players.

Stewart will go down as a better defender then corey enright. But his first finals series was deplorable.

Talk about "do you job"

Great pick.
Great player.
Great Geelong.
Great Scarlo.

Great potential future leader.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back