List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rantall is an inside mid, not a wingman. People need to get rid of the idea that he can play an outside role just because he has good endurance.

If we’re looking at potential wingmen, there’s Murphy, Quaynor, Noble and Crisp who can play the role immediately. I’d be looking to put IQ on the opposite wing to Daicos personally, and look to Murphy or Bianco to fill that defensive role. I’d also play Sidebottom on-ball and forward like we did in 2018 when he was AA.
IQ on the wing with his penetrating, accurate kicking would be sweet.

Every club that ignores early picks in the the draft for several years and chooses to trade in players instead, is eventually found out.
There was a good article in the West Australian today about this.
Nothing is guaranteed when a young player is drafted. And there’s been plenty of busts. All you can go on is if they are a highly rated draftee with a load of potential.
Almost all the stars of the comp today were once highly rated draftees.
I think you might have to build from the draft, but once the foundations are in place, the teams who have had long runs at the pointy end have done it through trade.

I think you might have to build from the draft, but once the foundations are in place, the teams who have had long runs at the pointy end have done it through trade.
I agree they cherry pick with top ups to fill needs. And do this successfully e.g. Hawthorn.
But eventually, every club plunges away if early picks in the draft are ignored for too long.

I agree they cherry pick with top ups to fill needs. And do this successfully e.g. Hawthorn.
But eventually, every club plunges away if early picks in the draft are ignored for too long.
Has any club not fallen away by hitting the draft? The system is designed so every team will fall away. I just think you've got to view draft picks as list building currency, sometimes spending them on 18 year old is the way to go, but sometimes you get better value in trade. The teams that are up the most are teams who use that currency the most wisely.

Do we have access to dib in a year or two ? And what's his current projected draft range does anybody have any idea?

Rantall is an inside mid, not a wingman. People need to get rid of the idea that he can play an outside role just because he has good endurance.

If we’re looking at potential wingmen, there’s Murphy, Quaynor, Noble and Crisp who can play the role immediately. I’d be looking to put IQ on the opposite wing to Daicos personally, and look to Murphy or Bianco to fill that defensive role. I’d also play Sidebottom on-ball and forward like we did in 2018 when he was AA.
Would love to see Murphy crack into the team next year either on the wing or off half-back allowing IQ to move up to the wing. He's a raking kick, good reader of the footy and a pretty handy size to man up on different kinds of opponents. I love the run IQ provides, and I'm not sure Murphy can do that, so I'd be happy to have him on the wing.

Sidey playing more on-ball would be pretty good by me, especially if Treloar goes.

I've heard he's very small but if he grows he'll get drafted.
Does he make caleb Daniel look like Andre the giant small?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know. What I wrote is the entirety of what I was told or know about him.

From what I know he's 172cms and 77kgs. Not Caleb Daniel small, but pretty darn tiny. Right in the realm of Tyson Stengle and Tippa

We're at the point with our list I think we need to bring in some quality draftees. I think there will be opportunities for trades but I hope we don't compromise our draft hand too much in doing it. We're well positioned with Reef and Daicos and should get another 1st rounder this year if we trade out of next years because of Daicos. It's not as sexy as a big trade but it's sensible.

Has any club not fallen away by hitting the draft? The system is designed so every team will fall away. I just think you've got to view draft picks as list building currency, sometimes spending them on 18 year old is the way to go, but sometimes you get better value in trade. The teams that are up the most are teams who use that currency the most wisely.

That's it. It's a balance. I think we do need some quality draftees with our list profile.

Would love to see Murphy crack into the team next year either on the wing or off half-back allowing IQ to move up to the wing. He's a raking kick, good reader of the footy and a pretty handy size to man up on different kinds of opponents. I love the run IQ provides, and I'm not sure Murphy can do that, so I'd be happy to have him on the wing.

Sidey playing more on-ball would be pretty good by me, especially if Treloar goes.

Reef might be a good wing option too. He's tall, a good mark, quick and can float into the contest and impact.

Is there a preferred position for Dib ? I can't see him making it as a midfielder at that height but could be a good crumbing forward maybe?

Is there a preferred position for Dib ? I can't see him making it as a midfielder at that height but could be a good crumbing forward maybe?
WHat would have been 2020..

"While he is able to win his own ball and impact contests from as high as the wing or through midfield, Dib will more likely feature as a small forward for Oakleigh this year in between school football commitments with Caulfield Grammar."

Given you can go and win your own ball, which position do you see yourself fitting in best at Oakleigh now?

“I’ve been working a lot in the forward (group), so a small forward around some of the talls. I’m hoping to play a bit of midfield, a bit of wing. Playing up and down the ground and working on my fitness so I can be a bit more broad.”

Maybe Pie 4 Life can help us out?

WHat would have been 2020..

"While he is able to win his own ball and impact contests from as high as the wing or through midfield, Dib will more likely feature as a small forward for Oakleigh this year in between school football commitments with Caulfield Grammar."

Given you can go and win your own ball, which position do you see yourself fitting in best at Oakleigh now?

“I’ve been working a lot in the forward (group), so a small forward around some of the talls. I’m hoping to play a bit of midfield, a bit of wing. Playing up and down the ground and working on my fitness so I can be a bit more broad.”

Maybe Pie 4 Life can help us out?
Thanks Jen 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back