List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6EA6C847-7598-49E5-997E-97BB84A8E0F8.jpeg

Just whipped this up as an example how relatively simple gathering some more points may be. That’s even before we consider trading in any future picks.

Essentially it is us trading our earliest pick (37) pick for 3 later picks with Brisbane.

There are also other options with Richmond and Gold Coast in particular.

Jungle drums are still beating for Merrett.

Not a massive fan but he's A grade quality.
Could have just kept Treloar.. haha..
It's a bizarre one, as poaching Merrett would probably end up costing more than we saved on Treloar. If we were paying 900,000 but still have to pay 300000, you'd think that the 600000 wouldn't be enough to pay the overs necessary to poach Merrett.

Merrett is a no from me now. We would have to sell the farm, and we are in this position because we’ve been burnt doing this. We need more astute FA and trade decisions. There’s no shortage of talent in the two’s for some clubs which we can get much cheaper, I’d rather do this and back the draft. We need to stop offering these huge deals.

weid, Riccardi are playing vfl, Brodie fiorini for suns, and as knightmare said lipinski from dogs. Also what’s jarrod Cameron for eagles position? They have an abundance of smalls. There’s talent there on a discount

Last edited:
Reckon if he doesn’t rise up to the level club are now expecting from him over remainder of the season, putting him on the table has to be explored.
Might be taken out of our hands if he is found guilty of the criminal charges at his August hearing. If he is, most likely he will be delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any interest in Merrett would have been floated before Wright came to the club... so take it with a grain of salt.
^This. He’s not our list manager, but as GM of footy he’ll be heavily involved in list management decisions, and I can’t see him approving us chasing a player we’ll have to pay over the odds for in our current, or any circumstance tbh. The hallmark of Wrights tenure at Hawthorn was his ability to identify and recruit talent from other clubs that was underrated or under-utilised, and do it at a reasonable cost. I’d imagine he’ll be working very closely with Guy this year to do that, meaning we’ll much more likely see plays for guys like Riccardi, Weideman, and Lipinski, who are AFL quality but being kept out of their respective sides for depth reasons. We certainly can’t afford to be poaching established 22 players at the moment, let alone top 5-10 players from clubs.

We are already 1/6. I don’t see this wkend win or loss as any worse tbh. We are finishing bottom 3. It’s already a nightmare season.

Nah if we finish last it means we would of had pick 1 and 2 in the draft and GWS get pick 1 for 2 picks mid to late 20s o_O

Could of matched Daicos after we took someone at pick 1.

Nah if we finish last it means we would of had pick 1 and 2 in the draft and GWS get pick 1 for 2 picks mid to late 20s o_O

Could of matched Daicos after we took someone at pick 1.
how would we have matched daicos though? We wouldn’t have enough points unless we traded next years, which again we don’t want to do. I hear what people are saying, and I didn’t support trading this years, BUT, Diacos isn’t free,. So even if we hadn’t traded it, we wouldn’t have daicos and pick 2. Pick 2 would still get used on him, it just means there would be less wheeling and dealing of later picks. I wish we still had our own second rounder, why we traded that to dogs is anyone’s guess

how would we have matched daicos though? We wouldn’t have enough points unless we traded next years, which again we don’t want to do. I hear what people are saying, and I didn’t support trading this years, BUT, Diacos isn’t free,. So even if we hadn’t traded it, we wouldn’t have daicos and pick 2. Pick 2 would still get used on him, it just means there would be less wheeling and dealing of later picks. I wish we still had our own second rounder, why we traded that to dogs is anyone’s guess

Same way we are going to match the extra 1000 points this year, either trade it in or go deficit 2022.
You wouldn't take daicos at 1 you take player x at 1 and wait for daicos bid likely at pick 2. Which reduces points needed as well.

Last edited:
Same way we are going to match the extra 1000 points this year, either trade it in or go deficit 2020.
We need all our picks in 2022 to rebuild. I hope we don’t go into deficit. I agree it’s a stupid trade. But we don’t end up with two top 3 picks in any scenario. That’s they reason for the system. Maybe we can get a priority pick....

We need all our picks in 2022 to rebuild. I hope we don’t go into deficit. I agree it’s a stupid trade. But we don’t end up with two top 3 picks in any scenario. That’s they reason for the system. Maybe we can get a priority pick....

Isn't taking 2 top 2 picks accelerated rebuilding?

The scenario of if we finished last and kept the pick would result in both pick 1 and 2 coming to us. 100% they would make that work if it fell that way.

We also had some stepho compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back