List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grundy DeGoey, overpaid and overrated. Jordan had a great game but cannot string together good games. Half of Grundys taps are to the opposition.
It does not matter if you disagree, I know what I see with my own eyes.

Trade Grundy to Port or Adelaide. A first and second rounder. Two firsts if possible.
Ruckman are overrated as I have said before. Lynch has held his own.
Or even De Goey. Get rid of him and Grundy. Bring in 4 young blood. Free the cap while we rebuild.

Doing that we might as well do a North Melboune.

We should Trade Moore as he too Injury Prone as well

Carey suggested Cox to NM to provide short term forward support/depth for Larkey, Edwards and co whilst they develop.

Not the worse idea, but NM this year only have picks 1, 20, 38, 66

I would love to get pick 38 for Cox plus Magden... or their choice of one of young Ruscoe or Wilson.

... but sense north in their right mind won’t want to pay that

and their pick 66 is only worth an additional 80 draft points for Daicos

Maybe Cox and our pick 47 for NM pick 38? Gives us 149 more draft points

Carey suggested Cox to NM to provide short term forward support/depth for Larkey, Edwards and co whilst they develop.

I would love to get pick 38 for Cox plus Magden... or their choice of one of young Ruscoe or Wilson.

... but sense north in their right mind won’t want to pay that

and their pick 66 is only worth an additional 80 draft points for Daicos

Maybe Cox and our pick 47 for NM pick 38? Gives us 149 more draft points

I would not be sad IF Cox went to North

Yeah I have to assume Beeg hasn’t been watching much footy since Weideman’s returned. He’s getting a good run at it in a team that until this week was playing amazing footy yet he’s still below average in almost every statistical category for a KPF.

I don’t think the exchange of 1st rd picks is a crazy suggestion more that the trade needs to be obviously in our favour because we’re taking on a shitload of risk. Because of that it needs to be a Rivers or Harmes as a minimum not Weideman. I would also want some points in this draft.

Riccardi via PSD and CCJ isn’t for us. I like Riccardi because he offers something different to our current mix, but I would still be investing that 2022 1st into a tall. CCJ’s not worth what he’ll cost to extract and is no better than Cameron.

I'm of a similar view.

I'd like us to target Riccardi who I think will gel with our existing forwards.

I think we need to dedicate our 2022 1st (preferably) or 2023 1st (less ideal) to a key foward.

Riccardi would mean we don't expose who we recruit before they're ready, but will be there to pair with them when they are (if he's a success, i'd be bullish on that).

I'd continue seeking small forwards to compliment McCreery and Elliott also.

I like our defence a lot. The midfield needs work but has some strong qualities. It's forward that needs attention.

Doing that we might as well do a North Melboune.

We should Trade Moore as he too Injury Prone as well
Grundy and DeGoey will bring in players to help us lift. Free cap space at the same time for a couple of free agents. We could potentially pick up to 6 good players without these two. I am far from being an expert but it seems logical to me.

Easy sell mate.
Mr Noble, have you seen how well Mason and Jaydyn work together?
Yeh I know right, they've got a real connection haven't they!
Pick 20 thanks mate.

Trade Grundy to Port or Adelaide. A first and second rounder. Two firsts if possible.
Ruckman are overrated as I have said before. Lynch has held his own.

Neither Adelaide nor Port need a ruckman, so you can forget the "go home" thing pretty much right off the bat. Also a pretty brave attempt at throwing some confirmation bias at it after *one* ok game from Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy DeGoey, overpaid and overrated. Jordan had a great game but cannot string together good games. Half of Grundys taps are to the opposition.
It does not matter if you disagree, I know what I see with my own eyes.
Grundy and DeGoey were two major factors in our success in 2018-19.

DeGoey avg 3 goals a game for our last 10 in 2018, and missing him for the 2019 finals was extremely costly.

But yes our fall away in 2020-21 was a result of players who did extremely well for us in 2018-19 not being able to replicate that level of performance.

When rebuilding you still need quality - as we phase out Pendles, Sidey, Howe etc. we will need guys like Adams, Gundy, Moore and Maynard to lead the way.

DeGoey is the one we could look to move on, but we would only ever get unders for what he could produce.

Neither Adelaide nor Port need a ruckman, so you can forget the "go home" thing pretty much right off the bat. Also a pretty brave attempt at throwing some confirmation bias at it after *one* ok game from Lynch.
Well I did say Ruckmen are overrated. I could see Cameron, Cox, and Begg down the track helping Lynch. Plenty of premiership sides without a star ruckman.

I'm of a similar view.

I'd like us to target Riccardi who I think will gel with our existing forwards.

I think we need to dedicate our 2022 1st (preferably) or 2023 1st (less ideal) to a key foward.

Riccardi would mean we don't expose who we recruit before they're ready, but will be there to pair with them when they are (if he's a success, i'd be bullish on that).

I'd continue seeking small forwards to compliment McCreery and Elliott also.

I like our defence a lot. The midfield needs work but has some strong qualities. It's forward that needs attention.

Midfield is my biggest concern, but if a couple of Reef, N. Daicos, and McRae come good, it could turn, particularly if JDG becomes reliable.

Midfield is my biggest concern, but if a couple of Reef, N. Daicos, and McRae come good, it could turn.
The question is - does Grundy going after the ball at ground level unbalance our midfielders?

Sure it's great to have a big mobile ruckman who can win balls at ground level but . . . . .

Midfielders are supposed to run past the tapping ruckman and take the ball en passant on their way to clearing it.

Grundy and DeGoey will bring in players to help us lift. Free cap space at the same time for a couple of free agents. We could potentially pick up to 6 good players without these two. I am far from being an expert but it seems logical to me.

Hey I could also say we should Trade Moore as well as been Injury Prone

Midfield is my biggest concern, but if a couple of Reef, N. Daicos, and McRae come good, it could turn.

I think our future midfield is fairly sorted.

Next 4-5 years we still have Adams and Crisp... throw in J Daicos, McInness, McRae, Poulter, Bianco, and then mega talent N Daicos

and the possibility to move the likes of Maynard, Quaynor upfield one day

and that is a sizeable and potential filled midfield group that might only need 1-2 names traded in to compliment it

Pity we never got to see Stephen Michael in the AFL. Best player ever not to play a single game at the highest level. Best player ever in Western Australia. Ask anyone from WA they say the same thing. Freak

I think our future midfield is fairly sorted.

Next 4-5 years we still have Adams and Crisp... throw in J Daicos, McInness, McRae, Poulter, Bianco, and then mega talent N Daicos

and the possibility to move the likes of Maynard, Quaynor upfield one day

and that is a sizeable and potential filled midfield group that might only need 1-2 names traded in to compliment it
Youre probably right and that's without mentioning JDG, who for the first time in my mind looked against the Dees like he could be a proper part of a quality midfield who contributes rather than trying to do it all himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back