List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Daic's has already committed to the Pies, you would think a club wouldn't bother bidding, in the first 3 at least, unless they just want to be a-holes....

I'm not sure how our relationship looks with North Melbourne but I am hoping they'll want their player up on "stage" and on the back page of the Herald Sun being praised as the number one pick. That and the NAB bonus.

Adelaide made sure they bid on JUH last year to keep the Bulldogs out of contention for Rowe with a later pick. I can't imagine North will have any real reason to bid on Daicos.

Really just hoping GWS do us a huge favour after we gave them the pick.

GWS and WBD have a funny old rivalry going so I doubt they'll pass up the opportunity to bid on Darcy.

GCS I suspect will bid given they're clearly interested in him and know he'd have no issues coming if we accidentally pushed 'No' on the draft ipad 😂

I actually think it will go

North: Horne
WBD: Darcy (match GWS bid)
GWS: Finn Callaghan
Collingwood: Daicos (match GCS bid)

Absolute best case scenario of course.

That’s not actually possible, unfortunately.

Collingwood: Daicos (match GWS bid)

That could happen. But we can’t match a bid at 3 and end up with Daicos at 4. If we match, that’s what our pick becomes, and GWS’s pick slides one further like you had for the WBD.

That could happen. But we can’t match a bid at 3 and end up with Daicos at 4. If we match, that’s what our pick becomes, and GWS’s pick slides one further like you had for the WBD.

I had us matching GCS' pick. They currently have Pick 3.

I'm not sure how our relationship looks with North Melbourne but I am hoping they'll want their player up on "stage" and on the back page of the Herald Sun being praised as the number one pick. That and the NAB bonus.

Adelaide made sure they bid on JUH last year to keep the Bulldogs out of contention for Rowe with a later pick. I can't imagine North will have any real reason to bid on Daicos.

Really just hoping GWS do us a huge favour after we gave them the pick.

GWS and WBD have a funny old rivalry going so I doubt they'll pass up the opportunity to bid on Darcy.

GCS I suspect will bid given they're clearly interested in him and know he'd have no issues coming if we accidentally pushed 'No' on the draft ipad 😂

They've taken Stephenson + White from us so we're the ones that should feel aggrieved if anything. To be honest I doubt fair play counts for much. I fully expect they'll drive the screw in and bid on Daicos at 1 if that's where they rate him.

You are suggesting trading our first pick next year? That could be a top 3 pick. Surely we don't trade that.

I want us to use our 1st rounder on a key forward next year. If that 1st could help us net a key forward through trade instead, someone like Ben King, that's one of the few scenarios I'd be comfortable parting with it.

They were told they couldn't trade it last year because the extra pick would be reviewed this year and could be taken off them. Their list is also in much better shape now than it was a couple of years ago when the assistance package - a combination of state league priority selections, one of which just ended up winning their B&F this year, access to academy selections prior to the draft, and additional live draft picks - was granted to them.

There's no real reason for them to get any further concessions now imo, their list is good enough and the improvement should be coming from within and via the normal FA and trade processes for them from here.

Whether the AFL sees it that way for their pet money sink is a different matter, but there's always hope.
Not disagreeing with your argument but they still finished 3rd last so can't see that as justification to take it away.

What was the final prognosis on McLean’s knee injury in their finals loss? I haven’t read anything about it and it looked potentially bad at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Have not heard a thing. Same with Ollie Henry and his shoulder - silence!

I want us to use our 1st rounder on a key forward next year. If that 1st could help us net a key forward through trade instead, someone like Ben King, that's one of the few scenarios I'd be comfortable parting with it.
Me too
If we use it, go big

So you think getting 2 2022 First round picks and Grundy's Money off the books is loss for us or a bad deal?
Given we’d probably have to pay a massive chunk of his salary for them to fit him in, and the two firsts would be late teens, yes, I think it’s a terrible deal.

Ok - I think its locked in. If it was approved then, can't see it being taken off them tbh
This years compo was subject to review. That was a condition when they announced it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This years compo was subject to review. That was a condition when they announced it.
What do you think the chances are of it being taken off them though given where they've finished?

It is actually possible. Dunno what you're on about

What do you think the chances are of it being taken off them though given where they've finished?
Low, but that’s not the point. It’s definitely not locked in.

Looks like Jarrod Cameron has played his last game for the Eagles, he could be worth looking at

Updated who is going. Hawthorn have delisted a few.

AdelaideBrisbaneCarltonCollingwood
EssendonFremantleGeelongGold Coast
Brett Bewley (del)
Reece Conca (del)
Taylin Duman (del)
Stefan Giro (del)
Stephen Hill (ret)
Leno Thomas (del)
Tobe Watson (del)
Jarrod Harbrow (ret)
Jack Hombsch (ret)
Jordan Murdoch (ret)
Zac Smith (ret)
GWSHawthornMelbourneNorth Melbourne
Keegan Brooksby (del)
Shaun Burgoyne (ret)
James Cousins (del)
Damon Greaves (del)
Michael Hartley (del)
Jonathon Patton (ret)
Harrison Pepper (del)
Tom Scully (ret)

Taylor Garner (del)
Connor Menadue (del)
Dom Tyson (del)
Will Walker (del)​
Port AdelaideRichmondSt KildaSydney
West CoastWestern Bulldogs
Brendon Ah Chee (del)
Mark Hutchings (del)
Nathan Vardy (ret)
Daniel Venables (ret)

Won't happen but I'd like to see them offer grundy to nth for pick 1. They get that big fish they have wanted for years with a young midfield and we get the best 2 kids in the draft whilst saving a little cash to make a play for a big name next year.
I don't rate ruckman that highly and often think even when brodie has massive numbers, it doesn't translate to team performance.
Would keep Cox and use as the ruckman under this scenario, interchanging with Cameron

We're talking semantics now aren't we
It was literally the point I was responding to? My personal opinion on its likelihood is irrelevant, there’s every chance that the AFL decides that the Suns list is in good shape (which it is) and they don’t need anymore draft concessions. We’re all aware on how inconsistent their decision making is…

It was literally the point I was responding to? My personal opinion on its likelihood is irrelevant, there’s every chance that the AFL decides that the Suns list is in good shape (which it is) and they don’t need anymore draft concessions. We’re all aware on how inconsistent their decision making is…
You've gone from a low chance of it happening to now saying there's every chance that the AFL will say they don't need it anymore. We know that's not going to happen.

I'd argue the AFLs decision making re the Suns is consistent. They'd do everything to ensure they have a chance to succeed. Stripping them of an extra 2nd rounder when they finished 3rd last with a percentage of 76 is extremely unlikely.

Not saying they should keep getting the assistance either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back