List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHE is not a terrible player. He has suffered due to be played out of position and part of a game plan that never really worked. He was Pick #4 and towards the season he played well. He doesn't want to be traded and I don't won't to be, either. I beat him around and was wrongly calling him out for his mediocrity. Then I realised Collingwood was a 17th placed team and all players are going to be rated worse than they are.

So all our players are underrated because we finished 17th...then how the hell did it ever happen? Someone must be the culprit, I'm thinking it's the players.🥴

SA media just behind in the times. It was revealed days ago he wasn't interested in essendon

But I reckon he stays with Sydney, but we'll see.

IF I was a Betting Man I would be putting money on him Staying a Swan

If we secure Krueger or Schlensog, could we give the team a pre season and season with Darcy up forward. Not this last 10 minutes of the game nonsense

If it doesn't work he's still an AA CHB but by doing so end this annual debate
Really don’t think club cares about ongoing debate on BF.

Club coaches seams pretty sure what Moore’s best position is and it is not near our scoring end.

Someone help me out with a friendly dispute I’m having. Treloar’s contract with Dogs was 5yrs and Dogs paying $600k over 5yrs and Pies paying $1.5 mill over these 5yrs to complete transaction yeah?

Someone help me out with a friendly dispute I’m having. Treloar’s contract with Dogs was 5yrs and Dogs paying $600k over 5yrs and Pies paying $1.5 mill over these 5yrs to complete transaction yeah?
Not sure anyone knows for sure. My understanding was that Collingwood was paying less each season.

Like Gouki I’m not sure, but my advice would be to assume that the worst outcome for us is what transpired because you know Ned Guy… For me that’s $300k pa over the next 5 years.

If we secure Krueger or Schlensog, could we give the team a pre season and season with Darcy up forward. Not this last 10 minutes of the game nonsense

If it doesn't work he's still an AA CHB but by doing so end this annual debate
Why would you move him? Are there any KPFs who are as influential as the star intercepting kpd that Moore is?

Rumour was Pies playing 300K a year for 3 years (total 900K)
Dogs playing 600K a year

Like Gouki I’m not sure, but my advice would be to assume that the worst outcome for us is what transpired because you know Ned Guy… For me that’s $300k pa over the next 5 years.
My guess is there was some snafu's by all
involved. When Treloar knew he had to go, he nominated WB and CFC did what they could to honour that request. I think CFC were genuinely believing that WB were picking up the whole tab for shittier returns. Otherwise several other Melbourne clubs would have gone harder for Treloar if the deal was 600k for an average pick. Saints for example openly stated that they couldn't get him because of his wage. My guess is that this was 900k. At 600k most clubs could and would have fit him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While its difficult to be absolutely certain there is more clarity around this than most players contracts as the AFL stepped in to settle the dispute after the trade was done

Its widely reported Dogs are paying $600K a season for 5 years and the Pies are paying the rest which is said to be $1.5 M over 5 years

The only small victory we had over the Dogs was they agreed to front end Trelaors contract so I think we are paying more of the $1.5M this year and maybe next. The Dogs didnt budge on our demands that they were paying more than $600K per year. Couple of articles from the time attached.

The HUN has another article up referencing Dylan Stephens, the tone seems to be that he’s staying but I can’t read it with the paywall.

While its difficult to be absolutely certain there is more clarity around this than most players contracts as the AFL stepped in to settle the dispute after the trade was done

Its widely reported Dogs are paying $600K a season for 5 years and the Pies are paying the rest which is said to be $1.5 M over 5 years

The only small victory we had over the Dogs was they agreed to front end Trelaors contract so I think we are paying more of the $1.5M this year and maybe next. The Dogs didnt budge on our demands that they were paying more than $600K per year. Couple of articles from the time attached.

They have a very short memory at the kennel these days.

When the AFL deliberately tried to bankrupt the Doggies Eddie aligned Collingwood with them right off the bat and stuck with them the whole way through.

This latest action is not something I will forget or forgive.

One month after Adam Treloar was traded from Collingwood to the Western Bulldogs an agreement has been reached that will see close to $1 million of the midfielder's contract carried in the Magpies' salary cap over the next five years.

Hard to know the true figure

They have a very short memory at the kennel these days.

When the AFL deliberately tried to bankrupt the Doggies Eddie aligned Collingwood with them right off the bat and stuck with them the whole way through.

This latest action is not something I will forget or forgive.
What? The general consensus is that we trade to change the deal after the end of trade period.

The HUN has another article up referencing Dylan Stephens, the tone seems to be that he’s staying but I can’t read it with the paywall.
Just part of the essendon season/list review.

"Essendon also spoke to midfielder Dylan Stephens but he is now expected to re-sign with Sydney, with Jordan Dawson and George Hewett likely to free up salary cap space for Stephens by leaving the Swans."

From what I have seen, he does not have the tank to be a genuine midfielder. If he does have the tank then he has been incredibly lazy with his work rate.

He is also a very poor kick and that impacts on his decision making.
Sorry, I think those first two sentences are nonsense. Callum has his flaws (see your last sentence which I agree with), but work rate isnt one of them. I think he plays with admirable energy and intensity

Sorry, I think those first two sentences are nonsense. Callum has his flaws (see your last sentence which I agree with), but work rate isnt one of them. I think he plays with admirable energy and intensity

With alldue respect go back and watch the replays of games. Slow down the vision and watch from different angles and then come back.

Brown is also poor as a half forward.

Brown jogs around a lot of the time and does not sense danger quick enough.

Last edited:
That’s more or less what the media is reporting but it’s mostly speculation as the details have never been confirmed or denied by any of the involved but as there has been no denial the media report it as fact.

Just part of the essendon season/list review.

"Essendon also spoke to midfielder Dylan Stephens but he is now expected to re-sign with Sydney, with Jordan Dawson and George Hewett likely to free up salary cap space for Stephens by leaving the Swans."

Thanks for sharing Jen I’m enjoying this behind the paywall access! Hun getting 5 from 2+2 if you ask me. Bolded words are a bit of a giveaway that they’re throwing darts.

Thanks for sharing Jen I’m enjoying this behind the paywall access! Hun getting 5 from 2+2 if you ask me. Bolded words are a bit of a giveaway that they’re throwing darts.

I just use a Anti-Paywall Extension\ on Firefox to get around it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back