List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition III - OP contains trade summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking about a few things.

Not sure of the robustness of Setterfield even if we went for him with his leg issues etc..

Having a look at the draft its interesting. We are at 17 but gee Adelaide and Port Adelaide have some picks ahead of us and also some picks behind us.

When there is a high concentration of select clubs ahead of us it might increase the chances of some players slipping.

Currently what we could do is trade pick 17 and 37 for picks 23 and 30 from Port if it suited us to increase the chances of picking up players that suit us and not others ahead of us with a heap of picks as well. Thats 6 back off the first and 7 forward from the second which means actually probably a win for Port on a points basis so maybe we can get a future pick switch to balance it up.

We might only use 2 picks with the third if someone mentioned we were upgrading Moore

Not a fan

Getting back on topic... I wonder why the Stengle deal hasn't been done yet... we waiting on something?

Don't they now have 4 picks inside 21 ? Not sure what their remaining picks are but maybe a 3rd rounder won't be out of the question now pending how many picks they want to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to let you guys have your fun because honestly i can't be ******, but bikini pics will be removed as always.
bit unfair on the bikinis themselves.....they've done nothing wrong, ie. a pic of them on the clothesline or on the floor....but a pic of someone 'wearing' them....that's not PC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swapping picks. Need to keep our first rounder if we’re done trading for players which is highly likely. Best available mid would still be a great get at pick 17

Yeah, I guess it becomes a question of the dispersion of talent from 1-40.

Looking at GCS and Port and Adelaide have a lot of picks, if we slipped to 23 and 30 there is an argument we are more likely to pick up as a group( from the two pick combo) better quality from 3 clubs having specific biases but it depends on who we are chasing and when we are anticipating they fall. For example with pick 30, GCS, Port and Adelaide would have 12 of the 29 picks before so if a better player was not what they wanted he is more likely to slip to 30. The other thing is with the GWS Shiel trade they will have picks 9 and 14 as well. West Coast also have 20 and 22.

So if we want a few players that are arguably 24-35 little point in us keeping 17. Like I said I have no idea who we are chasing.

The other thing is 17 to 23 and 37 to 30 would mean Port win on points so we would have to get something back somewhere. Maybe we swap 23 with 21 later with Adelaide as part of the Stengle trade or a switch of picks in 2019 with Port somehow

Last edited:
Interesting that BEllis has been shopped around and no takers. Must have thought he'd done enough being a premiership player and got a bit complacent this year, maybe the spark he needs to reinvent himself and get some of the fire back; no more Bellis and Cellis, now he's just Ellis.

I'm going to let you guys have your fun because honestly i can't be ******, but bikini pics will be removed as always.

I remember the days of jiggling gifs for profile pics. They were awesome :)

If we can’t get a trade happening for a current player, I’m thinking:

However points favour Richmond and would mean Stengle is considered a late 2nd in points. Guess that’s why I’m a Richmond fan, biased thoughts

Adel - 17, 37, Stengle
Rich - 13, 21

If we can’t get a trade happening for a current player, I’m thinking:

However points favour Richmond and would mean Stengle is considered a late 2nd in points. Guess that’s why I’m a Richmond fan, biased thoughts

Adel - 17, 37, Stengle
Rich - 13, 21

You're dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back