List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to summarise:

- Tigs and GCS are in discussions with draft picks and a young player, hoping Brodie or Schrimshaw
- Scully a Hawk or Tiger at this stage. We can't offer as much but we are keen as mustard
- Us as supporters thinking we may be going for Burton but nothing confirmed as yet
- Lloyd probably off to Dogs and we are waiting to see if we only get a draft pick or if we can entertain a player swap and give something more in return
- Stengle will move to Crows at some stage, not sure what we will receive
- Townsend being considered or been offered to Lions for a possible swap of players
- Zac Clarke as a rookie but probably be picked up before we have a chance to
- Ellis hope he stays. Over people wanting to get rid of him when we need cover with all the outs. He annoys most of us but can play and he has been handy over the years. If anychance he is leaving, we need something very decent in return.

• They seem to think Scully getting to Hawks for pick 35 potentially on trade radio.
With that sort of currency a club would pick him up and trade others out.

I have no issue getting Scrimshaw in and Scully and trading others out if need be.

We can backload some of this and I can see a number of players that could be traded out and or retire in the years ahead!!

Geez, if Scully was an option at 35 one would go after Setterfield as well if he is actually going. I could see Setterfield staying though at GWS if others are leaving now and that might not be a bad thing for GWS either tbh.

I think RFC have a number of players coming out of contract in 2019 and 2020.

Last edited:
the assumption that anyone who chooses a club over us is doing it for money is nuts

There are plenty of reasons to play for clubs

Hawks - success, huge crowds, Clarkson
Richmond - recent success, good list, huge crowds
Pies - Anzac day, huge crowds, finals this year

I hate that whenever anyone chooses another club they are instantly money hungry scum bags!
I agree however if someone says im leaving for success and goes to a team that has less chance of that based on where their football clubs sits (not where it sat previously) then i would presume the driving factor for the $$$. So its really not nuts when you look at the situation for what it is. If he says i want to work under Clarko then thats good enough for alot of people. But success? U dont have to be Einstein to put 2 and 2 together

The way I read it is...

- Scully wants to come home, GWS need cap space.
- Hawks are offering a better deal
- Tigers swoop only if Hawks can't get it done as we have #17 ready to hand over

All this bravado of "second fiddle" is nonsense. GWS have every right to play this by Tom's rule as he joined them when it impacted his reputation greatly.

If he can get to Hawks on a better deal (money & contract) then good for him. We'll be ready to swoop in if need be.

Just my take.
So you would take a bloke who doesnt want to be at your club because you can satisfy the other club?

FFS we arent Carlton or St Kilda where we will take anyone. We came off a premiership and then finished top of the ladder. We have just added one of the best forwards in the league to our squad so if thats not enough for someone to make us their choice then why would you go there?

I want Scully just as much as the next bloke but on the condition that he wants to be there and wasnt forced there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That maybe the case but in the years ahead a number of our players will move on.

Scully is 27 so a 7 year deal is possible to 34. They are talking about his ankle injury on trade radio is interesting. Dislocation as well as a break.

Body makes Scully a risk though now
7 year deal? wtf? you really are on the good 5h1t

Anyone hear rumour of Towner to Brissy? Just seen it on Twitter but I thin it was from Nixon so not sure of accuracy!
Nixon is the biggest flog of all time.

He said who ever wins the first 10 mins of the granny will win comfortably. When he was questioned about it he blocked the person.

Bloke is useless as **** on a bull

If it's true that Scully's management has indicated he would like to play for a team closer to a Premiership (obviously shutting down St Kilda), I honestly can't think of another Victorian club that's a realistic chance or at least nearing their window.

We're the flag favourites at the moment - he won't return to the Demons, Collingwood is out of the equation (Beams), Hawthorn are not a Premiership contender and can't see Geelong being interested.

He's taken a paycut before at GWS for the betterment of the list, so if he really wants to move back to Victoria and play for Premierships, there's really only one club that makes sense...

Also he was a Richmond fan, no brainer.

itshappening.gif

Well if your getting Scully in this situation one would be stupid to offer a short term deal!!!

3 years will do with triggers for a 4th is plenty
If his main asset is his running he’s going to start slowing down soon would be silly to offer him anything long term

Andy Maher on SEN saying Hawthorn have a track record of getting players they want.

Umm.. does he forget about Lynch, Sloane, Shiel, Fyfe and May? That's off the top of my head from the last 2 years alone.

True story, Tiger71 used to date Andy Maher in the late 90's

Nixon is the biggest flog of all time.

He said who ever wins the first 10 mins of the granny will win comfortably. When he was questioned about it he blocked the person.

Bloke is useless as **** on a bull

I agree with you and I had my run ins with him and been blocked by him too. I don’t think he knows anything and I’ve told him as much in the past but just thought I would ask if anyone had heard anything just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back