List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Our F2 is likely to also end up similar to this year.

Don't know how many FS and free agent compo picks likely in band 1 or 2 (first round)

My count
Free agent

Mccluggage
Berry
Himmleberg
McGrath
Witt's
Ainsworth
Macpherson
Hardwick
Nash
JC
Simpkin
Zuurhar
Marshal
English

FS
Camporeale 2
Ashcroft

We could end up with pick 29 again.

We should trade it now as a package to move up for something in the teens.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I keep reading this comment.

Who the hell could we POSSIBLY be saving our PSD selection for? It's a rarity to even have 1 PSD target, and that's Brockman.

From what I understand the PSD isn't even a real thing, it's "forum" where occasionally delisted player or others out of contract enter a draft pool.

It's quite often there is zero picks in a PSD. Am I missing something?
Ratugolea??

My comments in red.

Trading our F1 could mean lots of things and doesn't mean we don't have a first rounder

1. Swapping F1 with the Cats for 8
2. Swapping F1 with the Crows for 10 and 14 of this year.
3. Swapping F1 with Melb for 6 and 11

All are plausible

1. Cats will slide but are arrogant they think they can make finals. Could be 1 for 6 and 8?

2. Crows are improved but struggled on the road and were health. What if Dawson, Rankin, Rochelle have injuries. Will teams work them out? Tex had a great year but is on the wrong side of 30.
Could be 1 for 10, 14, 6 to 8.

3. Melbourne? Could be anything. Back to back straight sets. No forward line. Oliver isn't in a good place. Petraca and May go down and they could be in alot of strife. They've been up for a while. I'd expect GWS, Sydney, Carlton, WB to improved with Brisbane, Collingwood and Port still be a at the top. Could we 1 for 6, 11 and 10.

Now we manage to finish 16th and we have pick 3. All those trades looking even better

P.S. There's no planet that we get a PP after our 1st next year. If we have another disaster of a year. We'd be lucky to get an end of 1st

Unless they are already WA based, I find it highly unlikely the club is so ruthless it'd randomly interfere with a player getting to his nominated club/state via the PSD just because they can.

Esava: Oh no, a trade didn't get made, oh well I can still get myself to Adelaide through Port in the PSD.

WCE: Nope, you're coming to Perth.

Anyone realistically think that would ever happen? And expect the player to rock up randomly in the state (WA) he didn't want to go and give 100% to the club that just interfered? Seriously?

Copium. Lots of it.

Spews for the trading out what's more than likely pic 1 next year.
You think the nth tossers have been insufferable this yr, imagine what they'd be like having pic 1 (courtesy of us)and pic 2 next yr!
If we qualify for pick 1 next year remember that at that point we'll have been (over 2022, 2023, 2024) worse than North over the past three years where they got handout after handout, and significantly worse than GC were over the 2016-18 period where they were handed pick 1, a mid 1st, other picks and academy and zone concessions as compo. If we spoon it next year we SHOULD be in line for a huge AFL boost.

If we've given away pick 1 there is no way the AFL give us back pick 1 as compo, whereas if we hold pick 1 there is every justification and precedent to be given pick 2 as compo.

Don't give away 2024 R1. Whatever you do.

I loved darling for his stance on the jab, everyone will remember him differently
Ill always remember his form when jk was out, he really set aside personal goals and played second fiddle most of his career ,doing what was best for the team

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His stance wasn't entirely clear at the time and even now I'm not sure of much. His law suit went no where and ultimately was pretty ordinary after not much of a pre season

Unless they are already WA based, I find it highly unlikely the club is so ruthless it'd randomly interfere with a player getting to his nominated club/state via the PSD just because they can.

Esava: Oh no, a trade didn't get made, oh well I can still get myself to Adelaide through Port in the PSD.

WCE: Nope, you're coming to Perth.

Anyone realistically think that would ever happen? And expect the player to rock up randomly in the state (WA) he didn't want to go and give 100% to the club that just interfered? Seriously?

Copium. Lots of it.
Don't think you bring in anyone in the PSD or at any point in the whole draft timing into your club without a discussion.
Spitballing more for requirements to be honest and Esava would fit. It would take a fair bit of convincing I'd assume

His stance wasn't entirely clear at the time and even now I'm not sure of much. His law suit went no where and ultimately was pretty ordinary after not much of a pre season
He came good later in the season and there were plenty of his team mates who had a full preseason who were pretty ordinary

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We only got 3 picks left now 1, 23 & 37.
Highly unlikely to get Collard & Curtin with those.
ZZ yes.

100% Future First is being traded as Gossage said. With who to sweeten it? I'm for moving some players Gaff & Sheed? Last Day of Draft Shenanigans, Strap yourselves in. Eagles will wait to other clubs have all picks sorted.

Eagles have named 3 players Yeo, Duggan & Darling who are not going. There are others who have been rumoured.
we also have 58

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we qualify for pick 1 next year remember that at that point we'll have been (over 2022, 2023, 2024) worse than North over the past three years where they got handout after handout, and significantly worse than GC were over the 2016-18 period where they were handed pick 1, a mid 1st, other picks and academy and zone concessions as compo. If we spoon it next year we SHOULD be in line for a huge AFL boost.

If we've given away pick 1 there is no way the AFL give us back pick 1 as compo, whereas if we hold pick 1 there is every justification and precedent to be given pick 2 as compo.

Don't give away 2024 R1. Whatever you do.

Compo review incoming.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

P.S. There's no planet that we get a PP after our 1st next year. If we have another disaster of a year. We'd be lucky to get an end of 1st
That was more a comment on the inequality and AFL favourites system and what would happen in a level playing field world than what I believe WILL happen.

2019 GC got pick 2, a mid 1st and a bunch of stuff after 3 seasons of poor finishes.
2017 - 17th, 6 wins
2018 - 17th, 4 wins
2019 - 18th, 3 wins

North have had 3 bad years and handout after handout including manipulation of the FA compo system to get them pick 3.

If we finish last in 2024 our 3 year run will have been worse than either of those two.
In an equitable world we would get something better than either GC or North.

But I anticipate we'll get either...
nothing,
an and of R1 pick, or
some meaningless NGA matching concessions we should have got this year.

That was more a comment on the inequality and AFL favourites system and what would happen in a level playing field world than what I believe WILL happen.

2019 GC got pick 2, a mid 1st and a bunch of stuff after 3 seasons of poor finishes.
2017 - 17th, 6 wins
2018 - 17th, 4 wins
2019 - 18th, 3 wins

North have had 3 bad years and handout after handout including manipulation of the FA compo system to get them pick 3.

If we finish last in 2024 our 3 year run will have been worse than either of those two.
In an equitable world we would get something better than either GC or North.

But I anticipate we'll get either...
nothing,
an and of R1 pick, or
some meaningless NGA matching concessions we should have got this year.
If we finish last we will likely get compo similar to norf this year. End of first round and F2025 end of first rounders.

This is another reason we should trade our F2 now.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

FFS. The 60s pick isn’t the issue, it’s the 44 which should have been taken off the table for good the second they knocked it back.
Good luck negotiating for anything with that tactic. If you want a deal to get done and the other party says no, you'll have a better chance offering more, not less.

Compo review incoming.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep FA compo will be changed and be very strict which will make teams match more which is bad for any team with lots of salary coming up looking for free agents

NGA will come back to after pick 20 just in time for some nice picks for Vic clubs but we miss out on 2 player in between

FFS. The 60s pick isn’t the issue, it’s the 44 which should have been taken off the table for good the second they knocked it back.
They would’ve weighed that up. Perhaps there was a chance, no matter how small, that he changes his mind and takes the 4 years at Freo? Maybe he ends up deciding that WC obviously don’t value him very highly

All these melts for the sake of 44/60 odd

Jack Darling has released a statement today about being on the trade table:

The reason for my trade rumour today was due to doctor's orders. The club had been provided with a medical certificate. I have been diagnosed as suffering from a work related injury and as a result I am on sick leave till further notice. I will not go into any details as to my medical condition as I wish to keep that strictly private. I am doing my best to work with the club and the doctors so I can recover from my injury. I intend to return back to training as soon as I am fit and able.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back