List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

We would be mad not to accept this. Is it in the realm of possibility though? North aren't giving up 2 and 3.

2 and 6 might be possible (if North do some legwork). Would people be happy with McKercher and Curtin for Reid? I'm sure most on here would not be.

I'd do it as I rate McKercher nearly on par with Reid (albeit they are very different players and midfieleders). I see McKercher as closer to Gulden or Shuey than Merrett. Perfectly suited to the modern game with their ability to move between the contests with speed and cut through the opposition with clean hands to collect and and precise footskills.

That being said, would also be happy to JTR. We've just lost a game changer in Nic Nat and could do with another to cover our pedestrian midfield.
Mac Kercher may be suited to cutting through the contest with speed and collecting with clean hands but unfortunately Reid already took the ball from the coalface face palmed McKercher and pumped the ball into our forward line.Fools!!

Apologies for rehashing a point from six pages back, but no club should be looking at a ten year rebuild. They happen (and longer), but only when clubs * s**t up.

Not saying we'll nail this rebuild, but I've no reason not to back us in yet. If we're still in a similar position in 2026 and the development of guys like Hewett, Ginbey, Long et al has stalled then we'll be in a real mess.

As it stands now, finals in 2026 should be the target. Ambitious yes, but definitely realistic with some good acquisitions, using all means available - draft, trades, free agency.
I just don’t believe the AFL’s expectation that no team should spend more than 4 or 5 years outside of finals is realistic.

Especially in a sport that has so many variables to list building.

You can have teams such as St Kilda that will yo-yo in and out of the top 8 every second year for the next decade, and never be good enough to win a title, but hey, they’ve played finals.

Gold Coast’s most recent “rebuild” began in 2018.

Now they’ve ****ed somethings up along the way, but they’re 5 years in since King, Lukosius and Rankine were drafted, and 4 years since Rowell, Anderson and Flanders were drafted.

Rowell has suffered injury set backs, so to King. And Rankine has walked.

They should be pushing finals next year.

What has held them back is the lack of quality mature age players to start with, arguably they had Witts, Touk Miller and Sam Collins, plus David Swallow.

And they haven’t been able to trade in top quality free agents.

It’s not realistic to expect a team bottoming out, with a thin list, to rebound within a couple of seasons, without other mechanisms than just the draft.

Back to my point about Curtin, I think in four - five years time he is going to make a lot of his current detractors look pretty silly.

And conversely, I too will look stupid should he be a bubust.
For my two cents he won't be a complete bust.
Just a solid-reliable 150 game player with a low ceiling.
Could play early and even in a leadership role, but never become a guy that's dominant especially in a proper KPP position.

Norf will take KPPs with a lot of their picks if they have any brains.Otherwise they risk turning into GC or GWS.Overloaded with mids who can get the ball but nobody to kick to!
2024 for WC will be a time to bed down recruits and reassimilate players who missed big chunks of last season. It will also be a test for Simmo if he can let go of the past and embrace the future.
Ryan, Culley,Ginbey,Reid, Burgeil, all will be first 22.
JJ will be fit.
We have a lot of players coming back which is why I say our OHS dept will be front and centre.Anything from Yo will be a bonus.
Gaff almost permanently WAFL
Sheed ? Sub or WAFL!
I’ve said for YEARS they can’t both play in the same side!
Same reason I was an extreme Lose Priddis fan.Yes I was one of them!
2024 will be a year of consolidation.
2025 we will be top 8. ( I was going to say “or nudging it”) but nah.
People contemplating another 5 or 6 years in the wilderness are deluding themselves!

How much does it cost to get someone permanently banned from BF again?

There’s a Brisbane fan in the thread I’m willing to drop some coin down to * off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
$3000

I reckon Keys would thread ban him for a third of that though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast’s most recent “rebuild” began in 2018.

Now they’ve ****ed somethings up along the way, but they’re 5 years in since King, Lukosius and Rankine were drafted, and 4 years since Rowell, Anderson and Flanders were drafted.

Rowell has suffered injury set backs, so to King. And Rankine has walked.

They should be pushing finals next year.

What has held them back is the lack of quality mature age players to start with, arguably they had Witts, Touk Miller and Sam Collins, plus David Swallow.

And they haven’t been able to trade in top quality free agents.

It’s not realistic to expect a team bottoming out, with a thin list, to rebound within a couple of seasons, without other mechanisms than just the draft.
Seriously? Thanks for walking us through your example of an expansion club that’s never done anything or even made finals for their 13 year history as a point of comparison to our rebuild. Do you know who you are talking to? You’re lost mate, this is the West Coast forum.

And fresh off comparing us to a 10 year North bloody Melbourne rebuild. You don’t even seem to realise how you condescend with these comparisons to joke clubs like those.

Starting to wear thin in here I think. Hope you guys continue to fall short until our inevitable climb back up to the top, which isn’t as far away as you deduce.

PS. McCluggage sucks

Starting to wear thin in here I think. Hope you guys continue to fall short until our inevitable climb back up to the top, which isn’t as far away as you deduce.

PS. McCluggage sucks
:(

I like Mr. Toon and I hope Brisbane get a flag in the next few seasons, we non-Vic clubs should be sticking together.

Unless you're Freo or Port, then you can absolutely go do one.

PS. McCluggage sucks
07b3fa15-89bf-43ec-8cd4-97288a712919_text.gif

:(

I like Mr. Toon and I hope Brisbane get a flag in the next few seasons, we non-Vic clubs should be sticking together.

Unless you're Freo or Port, then you can absolutely go do one.
Yeah but you also like Kane Cornes, personalised number plates and Dance Monkey

The talk of quantity over quality is garbage in my opinion. Sure if you can get both ie 1 for 2 & 3 then you think about that. But we've sorely missed a match winning mid in our team for nearly two decades.

If we are going to trade the minimum has to be 2 & 3 as I see North as the biggest risk of taking Curtin. With them not at 2 or 3 we can trade 3 for 6 & 11 or something of that ilk. Then we get McKercher, Curtin & Sullivan?!

Also we're going to get picks 1 or 2 likely over the next two mid-season drafts. There's absolutely no need to split pick 1 for extra mid-teen selections.

In summary, JTR.

The talk of quantity over quality is garbage in my opinion. Sure if you can get both ie 1 for 2 & 3 then you think about that. But we've sorely missed a match winning mid in our team for nearly two decades.

If we are going to trade the minimum has to be 2 & 3 as I see North as the biggest risk of taking Curtin. With them not at 2 or 3 we can trade 3 for 6 & 11 or something of that ilk. Then we get McKercher, Curtin & Sullivan?!

Also we're going to get picks 1 or 2 likely over the next two mid-season drafts. There's absolutely no need to split pick 1 for extra mid-teen selections.

In summary, JTR.
You're right, no split is needed. We have 6 list spots iirc, 2 in Brockman and Flynn are in the door, our first 3 picks to come, that only leaves one more for a nga candidate or a PS pick. We don't need extra picks
JTR.

In summary, JTR.
20yrs...! Not quite.

Priddis Brownlow
Sheuy norm smith
Yeo
Kelly

What we haven't had is 3 of them in the same team week in week out. That's the key.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back