List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Man, that’s probably the 20th time I’ve made a similar comment on the Eagles board.

You peeps hand out likes like…
Decorate Salt Bae GIF by Rosanna Pansino

I've un-liked your post just to teach you a lesson in humility.

That draft ranking guru reckons pick 15-40 are all pretty even
A lot of genuine draft watchers have been saying that for a long time. And Twomey has been saying it for at least a couple of months now.

Teams are much more likely to draft for need from that point in the draft.

And there’s a pretty good chance a small forward or halfback drafted in the 30’s, turns out just as good as one drafted in the 15 to 20 range.

And most of the KPP prospects in that range (barring the rucks) have a deficiency or two, that see them as real hit or miss types.

Reckon we take 2, 15 and 17 if we truly want to trade down, with no 23. Perhaps offer 15, 17 and 23 to Geelong for their first rounder?

Effectively 1 and 23 for 2 and 8, makes it more palatable imo
Except we already knocked back 2, 5 & 17, so 23 going back wouldn't make much, if any, difference if it was removed.

Also, Geelong's reportedly knocked back 15 & 17 for 8. Can't see 23 tipping them over the edge, especially considering it will be around 29 on draft night.

Let’s talk about a quick rebuild hey.

Yours has been going since 2016.

With your top picks you have drafted, and other successful picks.

2016: Jye Simpkin: Mid Forward.
2016: Cam Zurhaar: Medium Forward.
2016: Nick Larkey: Key Forward.

2017 LDU: Inside Mid.

2018 TT: Outside Mid.
2018 Curtis Taylor: Mid Forward.
2018 Bailey Scott: Inside Mid.

2019 nothing

2020 Will Powell: Inside Mid.
2020 Tom Phillips: Mid Forward.

2021 Pick 1 JHF: Mid Forward.
2021 Josh Goater: Half Forward.
2021 Paul Curtis: Medium Forward.

2022 Harry Sheezel: Half Forward.
2022 George Wardlaw: Inside Mid.
2022 Brayden George. Mid Forward.

You keep using all your top picks on the same 3 positions. And most of your later successful picks play the same positions as well.

So 2023 what type of players are North linked to.

Trading up for a Mid Forward. Or standing pat and drafting another inside mid and half forward.

About to be 8 years in to a rebuild, and your team keeps drafting the same ****ing positions and going nowhere.

Talk about the definition of insanity. Drafting the same positions over and over again, expecting a different result.

Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild. Not. 🙄
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Let’s talk about a quick rebuild hey.

Yours has been going since 2016.

With your top picks you have drafted, and other successful picks.

2016: Jye Simpkin: Mid Forward.
2016: Cam Zurhaar: Medium Forward.
2016: Nick Larkey: Key Forward.

2017 LDU: Inside Mid.

2018 TT: Outside Mid.
2018 Curtis Taylor: Mid Forward.
2018 Bailey Scott: Inside Mid.

2019 nothing

2020 Will Powell: Inside Mid.
2020 Tom Phillips: Mid Forward.

2021 Pick 1 JHF: Mid Forward.
2021 Josh Goater: Half Forward.
2021 Paul Curtis: Medium Forward.

2022 Harry Sheezel: Half Forward.
2022 George Wardlaw: Inside Mid.
2022 Brayden George. Mid Forward.

You keep using all your top picks on the same 3 positions. And most of your later successful picks play the same positions as well.

So 2023 what type of players are North linked to.

Trading up for a Mid Forward. Or standing pat and drafting another inside mid and half forward.

About to be 8 years in to a rebuild, and your team keeps drafting the same ****ing positions and going nowhere.

Talk about the definition of insanity. Drafting the same positions over and over again, expecting a different result.

Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild. Not. 🙄
Thou shall now be anointed as the chosen one.

We stand equal as brothers.

Welcome

Reckon we take 2, 15 and 17 if we truly want to trade down, with no 23. Perhaps offer 15, 17 and 23 to Geelong for their first rounder?

Effectively 1 and 23 for 2 and 8, makes it more palatable imo
I figured may as well push for 2, 15, 17 & 18 for 1, 23, 58, & 81.

I know posters here say West Coast doesn’t specifically target WA kids, but if the draft fell your way, you walk away with:
McKercher
Ollie Murphy
Collard
Hardeman.

Keep pick 37 for Moir.

That draft ranking guru reckons pick 15-40 are all pretty even
Yes, you compare a selection like Hardeman or Roberts in the teens to Hastie in the thirties and it's probably a matter of preference or specific attributes as to who you'd take. Similarly Collard in the teens to Freijah in the thirties or forties. Even players likely falling further down the list (i.e. Weatherill, Sanchez, Charleson, B Wilson or Simpson etc...) have evidenced that there is plenty to work with later in the draft. Heck a midfielder like Tyson Sruk who averaged 27 disposals over 17 games at Talent League level and was probably more of a factor of the Ranges making the GF than Nick Watson, and yet he hasn't been spoken about at all as likely to get a look in for selection during the draft proper.

I think in retrospect we'll see that the weakness of the draft has been overstated.
As with nearly all drafts, anything for mid-second round onwards this year is speculative, but if a club recruits correctly and develop properly there will be a few good players available in each of the twenties, thirties and forties.

revised list after watching much YouTube….
1. Reid
23. Charlie edwards
37. Clay hall
58. Ashton moir

We address midfield and star factor with this haul. Rookie Livingstone and leave a spot open for ssp/msd next season. Thoughts? I know next year is mid heavy, but that isn’t certain a lot can change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, you compare a selection like Hardeman or Roberts in the teens to Hastie in the thirties and it's probably a matter of preference or specific attributes as to who you'd take. Similarly Collard in the teens to Freijah in the thirties or forties. Even players likely falling further down the list (i.e. Weatherill, Sanchez, Charleson, B Wilson or Simpson etc...) have evidenced that there is plenty to work with later in the draft. Heck a midfielder like Tyson Sruk who averaged 27 disposals over 17 games at Talent League level and was probably more of a factor of the Ranges making the GF than Nick Watson, and yet he hasn't been spoken about at all as likely to get a look in for selection during the draft proper.

I think in retrospect we'll see that the weakness of the draft has been overstated.
As with nearly all drafts, anything for mid-second round onwards this year is speculative, but if a club recruits correctly and develop properly there will be a few good players available in each of the twenties, thirties and forties.
Considering the even spread after 15 I don't even care what picks we have , if only 40 players are picked this draft picks in the 80s can ,will get a decent choice .

Considering the even spread after 15 I don't even care what picks we have , if only 40 players are picked this draft picks in the 80s can ,will get a decent choice .
Cal Twomey put the range between 52 and 62 players selected in the draft this year when discussing this topic on Gettable today.
He anticipates that we'll take 4-5 players.

Bit pissed ay. I tagged brispoon at least 4 times yesterday without a single reply, yet ATG gets 3 pages of flirting.

Flies in the face of his "if he tagged me then I read it" creed he was boasting about before. Pretty obvious he has his favourites he likes to rehash and mansplain to really.
I got called juvenile for changing his username and tagging him!....what's wrong with jizspoon anyway?

Only just caught up on that Gettable episode with L.Kane.

Seeing her keep a straight face and not consider the draft to be compromised when the start of the second round will slide back by 12 picks from its original position was downright vomit-inducing.

Another case of someone who manages to fail upwards:
  • led the 2017 unsuccessful AFLW bid for North
  • despite that, promoted to head of football operations at North shortly thereafter
  • appointed North GM Strategy and football operations in 2021, because obviously everything was going so well
  • then tapped on the shoulder by the AFL to be GM of Competition Management in November 2021, because again, North were such an example to be looked up to.
  • given the acting role of Exec GM Football after B.Scott left to coach Essendon, because of course everything regarding fixturing, drafts, academies, compensation and bidding was being managed so well.
  • Appointed officially to the role of Exec GM Football after a year where arguably standards in umpiring, rule interpretation and tribunal verdicts all hit new lows under her watch...

Melbourne University handshake in plain sight.

Guess where Gil got his degree in Law from? Oh, and where did he play football again? That's right, Melbourne University.

A.Dillon? Melbourne University Law as well. He didn't play football for University though, staying with the Toorak crowd at Old Xavs. His father-in-law is the president of the MCC however, so that makes up for it.

What does L.Kane have in common? You guessed it, Melbourne University Law and a former president of the University women's football team.

Most people have no idea just how insular things are in the top-tiers of the administration of this sport.

It’s a pretty funny read over there currently.

“Offer them 3 & 18 no more than that”.

The club has just offered 2,17 & 18.

“last year we traded pick one for 3,12 & f2”
Is doing the rounds currently. Cadman clearly = to Reid over there.

And then this one is probably todays winner

“West Coast are douche-canoes if they think they can trade Reid for McKercher AND Curtain. Absolutely kiddin themselves.
Hope the AFL is taking notes. I feel like the AFL has tried to help them here, but it’s never enough. Fk em.
DO NOT offer anything more. We’ve almost handed over our complete assistance package to them with that last offer. Crazy.”
Douche-canoes?

So the AFL has tried to help the Eagles by giving North compo picks? Right. Then he contradicts himself by then noting that those picks are in fact their assistance package

I agree I reckon u should 👍 hold out fellas!
I’m sure u will be more than satisfied going to the draft with “go home risk factor” pick 1 , a sliding 23 , 37 , 58 & 81 by the day & with a team of spent players in gaff , sheed , yeo , Kelly ,Cripps , McGovern, Darling all over 30 with Nic Nat , Shuey & Hurn all retired .
Perfect recipe for a quick rebuild” 🤣👍 I say !
Because as a North supporter you know all about quick rebuilds

It’s a pretty funny read over there currently.

“Offer them 3 & 18 no more than that”.

The club has just offered 2,17 & 18.

“last year we traded pick one for 3,12 & f2”
Is doing the rounds currently. Cadman clearly = to Reid over there.

And then this one is probably todays winner

“West Coast are douche-canoes if they think they can trade Reid for McKercher AND Curtain. Absolutely kiddin themselves.
Hope the AFL is taking notes. I feel like the AFL has tried to help them here, but it’s never enough. Fk em.
DO NOT offer anything more. We’ve almost handed over our complete assistance package to them with that last offer. Crazy.”
Right up there with their..."We've got the upper hands boyz....let's make em pay"....🤣🤣

Only just caught up on that Gettable episode with L.Kane.

Seeing her keep a straight face and not consider the draft to be compromised when the start of the second round will slide back by 12 picks from its original position was downright vomit-inducing.

Another case of someone who manages to fail upwards:
  • led the 2017 unsuccessful AFLW bid for North
  • despite that, promoted to head of football operations at North shortly thereafter
  • appointed North GM Strategy and football operations in 2021, because obviously everything was going so well
  • then tapped on the shoulder by the AFL to be GM of Competition Management in November 2021, because again, North were such an example to be looked up to.
  • given the acting role of Exec GM Football after B.Scott left to coach Essendon, because of course everything regarding fixturing, drafts, academies, compensation and bidding was being managed so well.
  • Appointed officially to the role of Exec GM Football after a year where arguably standards in umpiring, rule interpretation and tribunal verdicts all hit new lows under her watch...

Melbourne University handshake in plain sight.

Guess where Gil got his degree in Law from? Oh, and where did he play football again? That's right, Melbourne University.

A.Dillon? Melbourne University Law as well. He didn't play football for University though, staying with the Toorak crowd at Old Xavs. His father-in-law is the president of the MCC however, so that makes up for it.

What does L.Kane have in common? You guessed it, Melbourne University Law and a former president of the University women's football team.

Most people have no idea just how insular things are in the top-tiers of the administration of this sport.
There's also another factor at play which we daren't mention but is evident all through corporate WA and probably over east too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back