List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep 2 top ten picks which is bloody rare for us & our guys botched it. Admittedly they don’t get high picks wrong too often but history wont reflect well on that draft.

Yeah it’s not that great but our double top ten picks before that went ok (4 x 2010 premiership players).

Reid (8) and N.Brown (10) - 2006
Daisy (2) and Pendles (5) - 2005

JDG and Darcy looking like good top 10 picks too.

Both Freeman and Shaz have been cruelled by injury. Can’t win them all in an inexact science.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep 2 top ten picks which is bloody rare for us & our guys botched it. Admittedly they don’t get high picks wrong too often but history wont reflect well on that draft.

Not botched. Just terrible luck with injuries. No one will ever know how good they would have been. Shaz in particular showed signs of being a star.

Can't really blame the recruiters.

Not botched. Just terrible luck with injuries. No one will ever know how good they would have been. Shaz in particular showed signs of being a star.

Can't really blame the recruiters.
I agree to an extent, but also think we were a bit to blame and hopefully learnt a bit of a lesson. We used to talk a bit about getting blokes for a bargain because they'd been underexposed due to injury. It was the Selwood and Judd factor.

Shaz plus a pick for Howard. Cut in on the Dogs and nab Bruce.

Roughead and Howard down back, Moore and Bruce up forward :p
Every year you post a million ridiculous scenarios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disaster that draft has been. Two top 10 picks that was going to be a key part of the rebuild and we end up with nothing.
We still have Aish :)

(S*** we could've had Cripps)

You are right. Pretty ordinary draft after Grundy.
Even before Grundy there were a fair few hacks taken. Grundy, who was highly rated at the time, slipping to 18 was a miracle that shows that the footy gods aren't always our enemy.

if anyone wants a good laugh head over to the Daniher thread on the Draft & Free Agency forum. Some Essendon nuffies asking for 2 top 10 picks for him. crazy stuff

Very true. Would be good if the Darcy Cameron one gets knocked over early enough, then see if we get involved in any pick swaps to get back into the first round of this year's draft

You think it be a Easy Trade on Paper to do

In fairness, Cox’s injuries have come from a dude stepping on his leg, and getting poked in the eye. Both freak accident injuries. It’s not as if he has soft tissue issues.

I didn't refer to Coxy's recent injuries , just that I see Grundy as extremely durable under the load of #1 ruck and I would be very surprised if Coxy proves as stable in the position as Brodie. He may well prove me wrong but hopefully he doesn't get the chance :)

I wouldn’t trade Shaz for less than a second round pick. He has definite value in his upside, you can’t put a price on skill and a footy brain. 3 reco’s yes, but that doesn’t mean he’ll have another. He’s not a player that relies on pace, if we can get a fair price and he wants to go then trade otherwise I’d be happy to retain him.

Maintaining a healthy playing list next season is more important then trades this season, can’t see much value around to be honest either chasing or offering up.

Don’t think much if anything will happen really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back